New Staff on twitter:

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
breadysmith

Re: New Staff on twitter:

Post by breadysmith » April 16th, 2021, 7:02 pm

umbc32244 wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 5:43 pm
umbc32244 wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 10:27 am
I have nothing but good things to say about Dixon, Crawford or Henry. I thought Henry was a sneaky candidate for the UMBC head coaching vacancy. You can find videos of them on YouTube when they appeared on Odom's radio/video show and they never failed to impress me. Dixon was prominent in landing three of our point guards, KJ Maura, Eytle-Rock and Jose Placer (now an All-ASun player at North Florida), while at UMBC.

I also have been wondering if Odom would find a way to get Eric Skeeters involved at USU...he was an assistant with Odom at UMBC and recently was let go from the HC position at Delaware State. From what I know he was instrumental in elevating UMBC's defense during Odom's first two years at UMBC.
Thanks umbc32244! I'm curious; do these guys bring a high-energy element to the equation? Coach Odom seems SOO subdued. Even during his big win over Virginia, he barely did more than crack a smile! Does coach Odam yell at guys in practice (when he needs to) or do the assistants do it?

Post by aggies22 » 5 minutes ago

I'm hearing Coach Crawford is a really high energy guy!
Crawford is the most energetic in-game in that he'll get off the bench and clap to get his guys going or point out an assignment, but they're all pretty subdued - but I see it as a cool, calm & collected, not a negative thing. The bench had good energy, as the players were given freedom to be energetic themselves (might remember the bench players from the UVA upset). Crawford also would go down the bench and re-energize/focus the bench when things were going poorly. There were some awesome shots of Crawford and former assistant/now HC of Longwood Griff Aldrich during the UMBC/UVA game - in pure disbelief while also excited out of their minds. Same thing for the Jairus Lyles buzzer beater 3 which remains my #1 memory of that season:

That shot by Lyles looks almost exactly like “the shot” it’s quite uncanny that the circumstances are almost the same too. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author breadysmith for the post:
tugafan

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

Locked Previous topicNext topic