Shulga will start over Anthony next season you said

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Shulga will start over Anthony next season you said

Post by QuackAttackAggie » April 12th, 2021, 12:43 pm

what did you know and when did you know it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 4):
3rdGenAggieSLBhipsterdoofus21BLUERUFiO

slcagg

Re: Shulga will start over Anthony next season you said

Post by slcagg » April 12th, 2021, 12:48 pm

Haha. And as recent as last week members from the ward was giving @SLB grief.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
SLBhipsterdoofus21

SLB

Post by SLB » April 12th, 2021, 12:50 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 12:43 pm
what did you know and when did you know it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a crystal ball, and I am sadden that Anthony is gone. I did say that I wondered about the RS JRs since it is another way of saying that they are seniors that could grad transfer some time ago. Which makes me 2 for 2 in the craziest predictions within a year

SLB

Post by SLB » April 12th, 2021, 12:51 pm

slcagg wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 12:48 pm
Haha. And as recent as last week members from the ward was giving @SLB grief.
I made the Bean, Brito, and NCAA tournament predictions that all came true looking back.

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » April 12th, 2021, 12:52 pm

SLB
These users thanked the author aggieguy13 for the post (total 5):
SLBbluegrouseViAggieBLUERUFiOReal Life Aggie

SLB

Post by SLB » April 12th, 2021, 1:10 pm

I honestly feel good with Ashworth, Shulga, and Miller as our top 3 guards in ability to play, but I am concerned with the depth at guard.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » April 12th, 2021, 1:14 pm

SLB wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 1:10 pm
I honestly feel good with Ashworth, Shulga, and Miller as our top 3 guards in ability to play, but I am concerned with the depth at guard.
I thought Miller was done due to health issues (back). Is that not confirmed?

SLB

Post by SLB » April 12th, 2021, 1:18 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 1:14 pm
SLB wrote:
I thought Miller was done due to health issues (back). Is that not confirmed?
Someone made the comment, but it is disputed. I would say that Miller is here until something official says not. Miller was one of the more exciting players for this next season because he improved so much in every part of his game.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
bluegrouse

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 12th, 2021, 1:39 pm

I like some of the guys we have returning, but we obviously have some gaping, GAPING holes now with who we have lost. I hope Odom can get some dudes in quickly. He needs to finish up his staff and move ASAP.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21SpectrumMagic

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » April 12th, 2021, 2:03 pm

treesap32 wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 1:39 pm
I like some of the guys we have returning, but we obviously have some gaping, GAPING holes now with who we have lost. I hope Odom can get some dudes in quickly. He needs to finish up his staff and move ASAP.
Definitely need some positive news soon. The team struck out on many grad transfers last year, with the # of transfers in the portal, and the availability of playing time it would be quite concerning if we cant bring in some immediate talent

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 12th, 2021, 7:49 pm

treesap32 wrote:
The staff is definitely taking shape.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Real Life Aggie

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » April 12th, 2021, 8:18 pm

SLB wrote:
I thought that this was our biggest issue in the tourney game. I haven't posted a lot about the game for a number of reasons, but our guard play isn't good enough to play competitively at that level. It gets much worse with Anthony leaving.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 13th, 2021, 8:44 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 7:49 pm
treesap32 wrote:
The staff is definitely taking shape.
Maybe a spherical shape from sitting around for a week.

:joking: ;) :joking:

cval

Post by cval » April 13th, 2021, 10:11 am

The fact that we don’t know what is happening does not mean nothing is happening.
These users thanked the author cval for the post (total 2):
SLBBustaMcNutt

SLB

Post by SLB » April 13th, 2021, 10:32 am

cval wrote:
April 13th, 2021, 10:11 am
The fact that we don’t know what is happening does not mean nothing is happening.
This is true, and I am looking at the facts that people complained non-stop about a lack of shooters and complain about a bunch of good non-shooters leaving :headscratch: . We have spots for more shooters like the same folks wanted a few months ago, and the transfer portal increases by a ton every day. There is a lot of basketball left before the 1st game. We can replace that overall production of Queta, Anderson, Worster, and Anthony pretty easily.
Anderson, Anthony, and Worster all shot the 3 below 34% on the season.
Ashworth, Miller, and Bairstow all shot over 36% from 3. Miller before the back injury was shooting the 3 43.5 %.
Shulga like Brito when he was a freshmen flashed skills in stealing the ball with the 4 steals against Nevada and being a consistent rebounder.
Dorius was the second best shot blocker in the MWC last season and can steal the ball and very good rebounder.
McChesney and Potter are unknowns since we have not seen them play, but they were highly rated recruits.
Every one of the players are going to improve with a full offseason.
This does not account for the transfers and recruiting in general, and I believe that we have another PG as a walk-on that was a local star.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 13th, 2021, 10:57 am

SLB wrote:
April 13th, 2021, 10:32 am
cval wrote:
April 13th, 2021, 10:11 am
This is true, and I am looking at the facts that people complained non-stop about a lack of shooters and complain about a bunch of good non-shooters leaving :headscratch: . We have spots for more shooters like the same folks wanted a few months ago, and the transfer portal increases by a ton every day. There is a lot of basketball left before the 1st game. We can replace that overall production of Queta, Anderson, Worster, and Anthony pretty easily.
Anderson, Anthony, and Worster all shot the 3 below 34% on the season.
Ashworth, Miller, and Bairstow all shot over 36% from 3. Miller before the back injury was shooting the 3 43.5 %.
Shulga like Brito when he was a freshmen flashed skills in stealing the ball with the 4 steals against Nevada and being a consistent rebounder.
Dorius was the second best shot blocker in the MWC last season and can steal the ball and very good rebounder.
McChesney and Potter are unknowns since we have not seen them play, but they were highly rated recruits.
Every one of the players are going to improve with a full offseason.
This does not account for the transfers and recruiting in general, and I believe that we have another PG as a walk-on that was a local star.
There are some good points here. An argument can be made that Worster and Anthony were actually the best players to lose to maximize desirability to players in the transfer portal, because it means we have a ton of PT to offer that most prospects would assume would have gone to those two were they on the roster. It hurts to lose those two, but we have to look at it as a chance to reshape our guard line with better shooters/creators.

The claim that "we can replace that overall production of Queta, Anderson, Worster, and Anthony pretty easily" is a bit wild. That group consists of the probably the most talented player we've ever had, 3/5 of the starting lineup on an 11 seed, and the the MW sixth man of the year. It'll take some MEAN recruiting to replace the production of those four. Impossible, no, but not easy.

Locked Previous topicNext topic