I will say this

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
OrangeCountyAggie

Re: I will say this

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 11th, 2021, 5:55 pm

OGaggie23 wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 4:56 pm
Great player Great Guy and doesn’t deserve any of the slander he gets
Only the second of those three statements is correct. In all seriousness though, I do hope he returns and is fully healthy, we need some end-of-bench depth next season.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 11th, 2021, 6:14 pm

2004AG wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 5:31 pm
OGaggie23 wrote:WRONG Brock is fine and will be in the line up next year. Talked with him and is taking his time with his back but will be back and ready to go. Great player Great Guy and doesn’t deserve any of the slander he gets
Luckily for every poster who doesn’t think he’s a consistent enough shooter, 50 other posters rush to defend his honor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not about defending his honor, it’s more about pointing out that the criticism does not make much sense. The only players on our team less deserving of criticism than Brock were Nemi and Bean. My honest opinion.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 11th, 2021, 6:19 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 5:55 pm
OGaggie23 wrote:
Only the second of those three statements is correct. In all seriousness though, I do hope he returns and is fully healthy, we need some end-of-bench depth next season.
A dude that’s started on our last three NCAA tourney teams is gonna provide end of the bench depth?

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » April 11th, 2021, 6:34 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 6:19 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:
A dude that’s started on our last three NCAA tourney teams is gonna provide end of the bench depth?
Yeah well imagine if we had Cade Cunningham instead of Miller!

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » April 11th, 2021, 6:46 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:
I guess I don’t understand the purpose of making statements like this. Maybe an old guy like me just doesn’t get how cool and necessary it is to anonymously denigrate kids who play a game.

These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 10):
cvalGUSBustaMcNuttAggie in Boiseaggieguy13gomretatapobluegrouseBank ShotFull

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » April 11th, 2021, 7:00 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 4:46 pm
P.S. brownjeans, how many tournament games did you watch? I watched all the upsets and there wasn't one of those teams who didn't have the guard play to run it.
I didn't watch that many to be honest.
I've been pretty frustrated with USU's inability to throw a decent pass into the post or run a pick and roll. The Jazz make pick-and-roll look easy. Maybe it's too hard for most college players? I don't know; I was never very good at basketball.

Ooo - Sam just checked in, gotta watch.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
AggieFBObsession

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 11th, 2021, 7:13 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:
Absolutely! Did you watch the Texas Tech game? He was HORRIBLE! 33 minutes, 2-8 FG, 2-7 3PT, 3 turnovers! I thought coach Smith did an amazing job last year convincing many dumber coaches into believing Brock was a true outside threat, thus creating more space for Queta and fewer double teams.

If he had any better shooting wing players, I'll bet he'd have used them. Coach Odom will watch the film from last year and realize that weakness needs to be addressed.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » April 11th, 2021, 7:17 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:
I guess I don’t understand the purpose of making statements like this. Maybe an old guy like me just doesn’t get how cool and necessary it is to anonymously denigrate kids who play a game.

I’m with you Jonny. I come from the Mike Gundy school of thought here.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 11th, 2021, 7:19 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 6:46 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:

Nothing cool about it. I wish Miller wasn't a boat anchor out there but he is a D1 athlete earning a scholarship. Just like any of us who work for a living, not above criticism. I've never said anything (nor will I) personal about him.

BustaMcNutt

Post by BustaMcNutt » April 11th, 2021, 7:21 pm

Are you the guy that constantly bashes Jordan Nathan as well?
These users thanked the author BustaMcNutt for the post (total 2):
brownjeansLarryTheAggie

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » April 11th, 2021, 7:25 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:

Nothing cool about it. I wish Miller wasn't a boat anchor out there but he is a D1 athlete earning a scholarship. Just like any of us who work for a living, not above criticism. I've never said anything (nor will I) personal about him.
Eh. You seem like a douche and I would rather not be considered a part of a board you post on.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 11th, 2021, 7:27 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 7:13 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:
Absolutely! Did you watch the Texas Tech game? He was HORRIBLE! 33 minutes, 2-8 FG, 2-7 3PT, 3 turnovers! I thought coach Smith did an amazing job last year convincing many dumber coaches into believing Brock was a true outside threat, thus creating more space for Queta and fewer double teams.

If he had any better shooting wing players, I'll bet he'd have used them. Coach Odom will watch the film from last year and realize that weakness needs to be addressed.
How healthy did you feel like Brock was in that game?

If you’re going to cherry pick a game, why not a game from this season when he was healthy? Brock was spectacular this year when healthy.

How about this one where he shot 60% from 3 and scored 20 points?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... =401262606

Or maybe this one where he shot 40% from three and scored 16 points?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... =401262599

Or maybe this one where he shot 50% from three and scored 11?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... =401262601

You could argue those were our three biggest wins this season, not a game against College of Idaho or whatever. Did he have some bad games? Absolutely. So did everyone on our team. But we could do MUCH worse than a guy that averages 9 PPG and shot 36%+ from 3 on the season.

I can’t wait to see what Brock does when Coach Odom surrounds him with complementary players.
Last edited by ineptimusprime on April 11th, 2021, 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 4):
LarryTheAggieSlumJumaggieguy13Full

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » April 11th, 2021, 7:38 pm

What's weird is I could have started a thread yesterday like...Happy 85th John Madden and just waited for "but Miller sucks".
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post (total 3):
ineptimusprimeOrangeCountyAggiebluegrouse

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » April 11th, 2021, 7:47 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 7:25 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:

Eh. You seem like a douche and I would rather not be considered a part of a board you post on.

Have you ever been to Orange County? Don’t let this fool get to you. Brock is a great Aggie. And a big loss

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 11th, 2021, 10:12 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 7:47 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:

Have you ever been to Orange County? Don’t let this fool get to you. Brock is a great Aggie. And a big loss
He is a great representative of the university and a mediocre basketball player. And I'll take the beaches, incredible weather, and beautiful women of Orange County over the murders and snot cycles of Chicago any day.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 11th, 2021, 10:18 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 7:27 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:

If you’re going to cherry pick a game, why not a game from this season when he was healthy? Brock was spectacular this year when healthy.

You could argue those were our three biggest wins this season, not a game against College of Idaho or whatever. Did he have some bad games? Absolutely. So did everyone on our team. But we could do MUCH worse than a guy that averages 9 PPG and shot 36%+ from 3 on the season.

I can’t wait to see what Brock does when Coach Odom surrounds him with complementary players.
Come on ineptimus, I appreciated your counter-arguments until that last statement. Now I know you're trolling.

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » April 11th, 2021, 11:36 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 10:12 pm
ChicagoAggie wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 7:47 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:

He is a great representative of the university and a mediocre basketball player. And I'll take the beaches, incredible weather, and beautiful women of Orange County over the murders and snot cycles of Chicago any day.
There is nothing better than those needle infested beaches south of LA. And you are as ignorant about Chicago as you are about Brock Miller. Good work!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » April 12th, 2021, 8:02 am

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 10:18 pm
Now I know you're trolling.
He's trolling... Classic! LOL
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
OrangeCountyAggie

Chod

Post by Chod » April 12th, 2021, 10:34 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 7:27 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
OGaggie23 wrote:

Don't want to Nit-Pick this silly argument... but Brock only shot 33.9% over 3 seasons (188/554), not +36%. In reality, the average is only slightly better than Brito's 32% (104/325).

https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/mens ... iller/8673
These users thanked the author Chod for the post:
OrangeCountyAggie

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » April 12th, 2021, 10:38 am

Sorry about Brock's back.
He was a streaky shooter but unfortunately his hot streaks didn't out pace his cold.
The rest of his game was very meh to my eye.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
OrangeCountyAggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 12th, 2021, 10:45 am

Did I miss something? Did Brock retire?

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » April 12th, 2021, 10:48 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 10:45 am
It sounds like he's medically retiring.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 12th, 2021, 10:51 am

I’m not seeing this anywhere. And if true it doesn’t deserve it’s own thread?!
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Dkdavis

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » April 12th, 2021, 10:56 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 10:51 am
It's on the first page of this thread.
Starting a new thread for each player that retires or goes into the portal would bog down the forum to the point of not being usable. :joking:

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » April 12th, 2021, 10:59 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 10:51 am
I completely missed that post too. I was wondering why the Brock argument came up all of the sudden again.
These users thanked the author AgMan21 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 12th, 2021, 11:12 am

Sl7vk wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 10:48 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 10:45 am
It sounds like he's medically retiring.
Someone else later posted in this thread that he is not medically retiring.

cval

Post by cval » April 12th, 2021, 12:09 pm

Guess we’ll find out who we can believe 😀

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 12th, 2021, 1:50 pm

Chod wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 10:34 am

Don't want to Nit-Pick this silly argument... but Brock only shot 33.9% over 3 seasons (188/554), not +36%. In reality, the average is only slightly better than Brito's 32% (104/325).

https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/mens ... iller/8673
Perhaps the stats changed/updated but I am seeing 34.4% (197/573) for Miller's career on the link you provided. Still, your point remains - it is a fairly pedestrian average from 3-point. It is still 3 full % points under the top 25 all-time according to USUStats. The crazy thing is...he is currently 6th all-time in 3-pointers attempted and if he keeps his current pace would be in 3rd place all-time in attempts after next season and unless he shoots a much higher percentage, he will not likely make the top 25 in career 3-pt FG%.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
OrangeCountyAggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic