Chris Murray’s take on new MW coaches...

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bluegrouse

Chris Murray’s take on new MW coaches...

Post by bluegrouse » April 6th, 2021, 4:54 am

I always enjoy reading Murray’s stuff even if I don’t always agree with him...

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporte ... hing-hires

There are some good coaches in our league. I think it’s going to continue to improve.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 2):
AggieArmysstrasser

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Re: Chris Murray’s take on new MW coaches...

Post by AGinNEIowa » April 6th, 2021, 11:54 am

is @nvspuds Chris Murray??

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » April 6th, 2021, 11:58 am

AGinNEIowa wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 11:54 am
is @nvspuds Chris Murray??
no. nvspuds was on the shortlist of coaching candidates for us. He told us himself. i didn't see Chris Murray's name there. :)
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post (total 3):
AGinNEIowaBLUERUFiOReal Life Aggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 6th, 2021, 12:04 pm

It was a good article. In my biased opinion i think we got the best candidate, but I think Pitino will do fine at NM and Miles will hopefully do fine at SJSU. the one I am perplexed by is Kruger at UNLV. I really thought they could have found a better candidate. Maybe he will do well, but it was for sure a very underwhelming hire especially for a city that prides itself on luster and pizazz.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOslcagg

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » April 6th, 2021, 12:20 pm

nvspuds is nvspuds...There can be no other..

I like Chris Murray. He does his homework and generally takes an even keel approach. He is not the least bit a Nevada homer which is a nice trait. His is a ridiculous Dodger fan, though, and that is not only perplexing but distressing as well..The Dodgers are , in fact, evil and you don't want to be messing around with that sort of thing.
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post (total 5):
sam tingeyReal Life AggiebluegrouseBank ShotAGinNEIowa

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » April 6th, 2021, 12:31 pm

nvspuds wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 12:20 pm

I like Chris Murray. He does his homework and generally takes an even keel approach. He is not the least bit a Nevada homer which is a nice trait. His is a ridiculous Dodger fan, though, and that is not only perplexing but distressing as well..The Dodgers are , in fact, evil and you don't want to be messing around with that sort of thing.
Giants fan?

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » April 6th, 2021, 12:37 pm

UStateTim wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 12:31 pm
nvspuds wrote:

Giants fan?
Yes and it is a challenge these days..

I endured my entire 55 years on Earth waiting for them to win a WS and they gave me 3. But alas, back to the wilderness..I am unconvinced i will live 55 more years..
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
Bank Shot

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » April 6th, 2021, 12:39 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:It was a good article. In my biased opinion i think we got the best candidate, but I think Pitino will do fine at NM and Miles will hopefully do fine at SJSU. the one I am perplexed by is Kruger at UNLV. I really thought they could have found a better candidate. Maybe he will do well, but it was for sure a very underwhelming hire especially for a city that prides itself on luster and pizazz.
Yeah some of the UNLV hires by the administration in recent years have been head scratchers. UNLV hoops is widely considered one of the best hoops jobs in the conference.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » April 6th, 2021, 12:56 pm

UNLV certainly has a nice basketball facility.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » April 6th, 2021, 1:37 pm

Of all the writers in the MWC, Chris Murray is the best in my book!
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21Yossarian

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 6th, 2021, 1:46 pm

I have no idea what New Mexico or UNLV were thinking. Their programs have so much potential and yet made just clueless hires yet again.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » April 6th, 2021, 1:55 pm

nvspuds wrote:

I knew there was a reason I really like you. Go Giants!

Lived in the Bay Area during the Will Clark, Matt Williams, Barry Bonds era and spent a lot of cold summer days/nights at Candlestick Park!
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
sam tingey

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 6th, 2021, 1:58 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 12:04 pm
It was a good article. In my biased opinion i think we got the best candidate, but I think Pitino will do fine at NM and Miles will hopefully do fine at SJSU. the one I am perplexed by is Kruger at UNLV. I really thought they could have found a better candidate. Maybe he will do well, but it was for sure a very underwhelming hire especially for a city that prides itself on luster and pizazz.
I just don't see it with Pitino jr. The guy won 36% of his games at Minnesota. He wasn't at FIU long enough to really show what he could do there. The one argument you can make is he is still very young and still learning and growing as a coach, but it seems like a giant risk.

You can say I'm biased, but looking at New Mexico and UNLV; two programs that many would argue have more advantages than USU, we made by far the best hire. Very happy Hartwell is our AD.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
slcagg

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 6th, 2021, 2:12 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 1:58 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
I just don't see it with Pitino jr. The guy won 36% of his games at Minnesota. He wasn't at FIU long enough to really show what he could do there. The one argument you can make is he is still very young and still learning and growing as a coach, but it seems like a giant risk.

You can say I'm biased, but looking at New Mexico and UNLV; two programs that many would argue have more advantages than USU, we made by far the best hire. Very happy Hartwell is our AD.
Those are some valid points about Pitino. I do agree that out of all the coaches hired in the conference this off season the aggies seem to have nailed it. We will see what the results bring, but I am optimistic.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 6th, 2021, 2:29 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 2:12 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 1:58 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:

Those are some valid points about Pitino. I do agree that out of all the coaches hired in the conference this off season the aggies seem to have nailed it. We will see what the results bring, but I am optimistic.
Sure, no guarantee until the games are played, but looks good on paper. The guy has proven he can win and win big games. I'm optimistic too.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » April 6th, 2021, 3:13 pm

nvspuds wrote:nvspuds is nvspuds...There can be no other..

Definitely same dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
nvspuds

Hail Aggies!

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 6th, 2021, 3:31 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 1:55 pm
nvspuds wrote:

I knew there was a reason I really like you. Go Giants!

Lived in the Bay Area during the Will Clark, Matt Williams, Barry Bonds era and spent a lot of cold summer days/nights at Candlestick Park!
And Willie Mays is the GOAT. Go Giants!
These users thanked the author Agezzz for the post (total 2):
Bank Shotnvspuds

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » April 6th, 2021, 4:17 pm

nvspuds wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 12:37 pm
UStateTim wrote:
nvspuds wrote:

Giants fan?

I endured my entire 55 years on Earth waiting for them to win a WS and they gave me 3. But alas, back to the wilderness..I am unconvinced i will live 55 more years..
Blast... this comment debunks the Nvspuds = Chris Murray. Christ Murray was born in the 80s...

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 6th, 2021, 4:30 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 4:17 pm
nvspuds wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 12:37 pm
UStateTim wrote:
nvspuds wrote:

Giants fan?

Blast... this comment debunks the Nvspuds = Chris Murray. Christ Murray was born in the 80s...
Let's not exalt him just yet. He's just a sportswriter.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Eutaw St. Aggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic