Staff

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ineptimusprime

Re: Staff

Post by ineptimusprime » April 15th, 2021, 9:10 am

2004AG wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 9:01 am
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 9:16 pm
I feel bad for Austin Hansen and David Ragland. They both busted their butts here at Utah State and helped CS get a huge raise. They have been rewarded by CS for their hard work by now having to find a new job. If I were them I’d be really pissed at CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a tough situation but I don't know how you blame it on Smith. My bias is that it does not make sense for the head coach to take his entire staff into a new situation. You need one or two new guys when you make those kind of moves and it is part of the profession. I wish them well as I do every coach that gives it all when they coach at USU.
Odom didn’t have a problem bringing his staff along.

Didn’t Craig mostly just bring his assistants from USD when he came to USU?

ShowMeAggie

Post by ShowMeAggie » April 15th, 2021, 9:10 am

If Condie is, indeed, currently coaching Jr High ball, he could probably be had for a "lower" position on the staff (and less pay) than assistant coach? Would he take a basketball ops or director of personnel position :noidea: ??

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 15th, 2021, 9:25 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:
I feel bad for Austin Hansen and David Ragland. They both busted their butts here at Utah State and helped CS get a huge raise. They have been rewarded by CS for their hard work by now having to find a new job. If I were them I’d be really pissed at CS.

It is a tough situation but I don't know how you blame it on Smith. My bias is that it does not make sense for the head coach to take his entire staff into a new situation. You need one or two new guys when you make those kind of moves and it is part of the profession. I wish them well as I do every coach that gives it all when they coach at USU.

Yeah and then dumped them on the side of the road when he went to Utah.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 15th, 2021, 9:40 am

ShowMeAggie wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 9:10 am
If Condie is, indeed, currently coaching Jr High ball, he could probably be had for a "lower" position on the staff (and less pay) than assistant coach? Would he take a basketball ops or director of personnel position :noidea: ??
I could see that. His youngest son is a Sr. at Carbon HS and will graduate in May - so maybe he doesn't feel a need to be tied down so much now and I get the feeling he would like to be involved with USU in any way (Logan campus I mean).

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » April 15th, 2021, 9:50 am

2004AG wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 9:25 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

It's a business and you hire the best possible people. If USU had the same budget for assistants as Utah, then maybe they wouldn't have been here to start with. I feel for the guys, but anyone in the business has to go in with their eyes wide open. If nothing else, their resumes are shinier than they were 3 years ago. I wish them the best and sometimes things happen for the better.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 15th, 2021, 9:55 am

Bank Shot wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 9:50 am
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

It's a business and you hire the best possible people. If USU had the same budget for assistants as Utah, then maybe they wouldn't have been here to start with. I feel for the guys, but anyone in the business has to go in with their eyes wide open. If nothing else, their resumes are shinier than they were 3 years ago. I wish them the best and sometimes things happen for the better.
Yeah he did them a favor. Who wants to live in the SL area right now?

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » April 15th, 2021, 9:57 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 9:55 am
Bank Shot wrote:
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

In case you haven't noticed, the entire country wants to be in the Salt Lake area right now. That's because it's really nice.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 15th, 2021, 10:58 am

Sl7vk wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 9:57 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

In case you haven't noticed, the entire country wants to be in the Salt Lake area right now. That's because it's really nice.
Not me, no thanks. I left it for rural Idaho and couldn't be happier about it. I'm not talking about the whole SL valley, I'm talking about Salt Lake City limits. Traffic blows. Homeless population is ever growing. Crime is worsening. Inversion in the winter. Political unrest. Social justice warriors. Etc.

I also got my graduate degree from the U and can tell you that the difference in campus energy and pulse between Utah State and Utah is like going from a football game to a nursing home.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
aggies22FL350AggieNiccon

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 15th, 2021, 11:02 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 8:52 am

Probably true if Rothstein is reporting it. Maybe the mystery Aggie will be in a different role?
I would like to point out that I tweeted about 2 of these 3 coaches 12 or more hours before Jon. Old news Jon.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21crazywookie

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 15th, 2021, 11:03 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

Donavan Mitchell does. He is only a half mile away from me.

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » April 15th, 2021, 11:04 am

;) I guess he inadvertently left out who his sources were.
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post:
aggies22

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » April 15th, 2021, 11:30 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 11:02 am
ineptimusprime wrote:

Probably true if Rothstein is reporting it. Maybe the mystery Aggie will be in a different role?
I would like to point out that I tweeted about 2 of these 3 coaches 12 or more hours before Jon. Old news Jon.
It's a foregone conclusion that you will always be ahead of those types! Thank you!
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
aggies22

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 15th, 2021, 11:54 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 11:02 am
ineptimusprime wrote:

Pretty sure you're one of his sources man.

Sike

Post by Sike » April 15th, 2021, 3:57 pm

Sike wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 5:03 pm
All the UMBC assistance will be on staff and are actually in town already.

22, please confirm.
I should get a little credit. 😜
These users thanked the author Sike for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttBLUERUFiO

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » April 15th, 2021, 4:16 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

He did them a damn big favor! Salt Lake Sh!tty gets sh!ttier every day.

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » April 15th, 2021, 10:30 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 10:58 am
I also got my graduate degree from the U
Whaaat? I had no idea. You decided to take your talents to the U of all places and contribute money to that school??? I could understand if you had selected anywhere else but the U. You are obviously not a true Aggie. I wish you had failed your classes there. I can’t believe I thought you actually cared about USU when you were a student in Logan. What a farce. You were obviously more concerned with chasing the almighty dollar than being loyal and continuing your education at USU. Even if you thought the U program was a better fit to continue your education, you could have stayed at USU and got a graduate degree in Nursing or something. I wish you nothing but the worst you traitorous money grabber....

Now I understand why the mods labeled you Mr. Buttface.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 15th, 2021, 11:18 pm

Pacobag wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 10:30 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Whaaat? I had no idea. You decided to take your talents to the U of all places and contribute money to that school??? I could understand if you had selected anywhere else but the U. You are obviously not a true Aggie. I wish you had failed your classes there. I can’t believe I thought you actually cared about USU when you were a student in Logan. What a farce. You were obviously more concerned with chasing the almighty dollar than being loyal and continuing your education at USU. Even if you thought the U program was a better fit to continue your education, you could have stayed at USU and got a graduate degree in Nursing or something. I wish you nothing but the worst you traitorous money grabber....

I would’ve loved to stay at USU but they didn’t offer a Physician Assistant program. The U sucked.

If it helps I wore my Aggie gear to class every friday
Last edited by hipsterdoofus21 on April 16th, 2021, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 6):
PacobagBLUERUFiOAggie in Boisemcaggie1FL350Aggiejackattack

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » April 16th, 2021, 7:21 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

Not me, no thanks. I left it for rural Idaho and couldn't be happier about it. I'm not talking about the whole SL valley, I'm talking about Salt Lake City limits. Traffic blows. Homeless population is ever growing. Crime is worsening. Inversion in the winter. Political unrest. Social justice warriors. Etc.

I also got my graduate degree from the U and can tell you that the difference in campus energy and pulse between Utah State and Utah is like going from a football game to a nursing home.
We are getting a bit off topic here, but this needs a response. I’ve lived in SLC since 2010. Half downtown and half in Sugarhouse. You’re right on homelessness but in my day to day I don’t see any of the rest of the things you describe. To each their own but most who live here are quite satisfied with the quality of life in SLC. It almost sounds as though you’d just watched the local news the past few years to form your opinion on SLC

Now the U vs Usu? Campus life is vastly superior in Logan.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 5):
apoReal Life AggieAggieiesterBLUERUFiOIntermeddler

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » April 16th, 2021, 8:51 am

I spent four years in Logan. I spent five years at Puke Central.

Two regrets in life: I passed on Bit at $5, and I spent five years at Puke Central.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
mcaggie1FL350Aggie

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 16th, 2021, 9:25 am

Madmartigan wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 7:21 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

We are getting a bit off topic here, but this needs a response. I’ve lived in SLC since 2010. Half downtown and half in Sugarhouse. You’re right on homelessness but in my day to day I don’t see any of the rest of the things you describe. To each their own but most who live here are quite satisfied with the quality of life in SLC. It almost sounds as though you’d just watched the local news the past few years to form your opinion on SLC

Sugarhouse is a nice area. My wife and I would go there or to Federal Heights for walks to escape our SL experience. We lived in SL from 2007-2015. Maybe I had a different experience than you because I used public transit every day, was forced to attend several social justice events as part of my education, lived in a crummy apartment, did clinical rotations in the community clinics, and had the U of U beating us over the head every day in class with their political views.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
Aggie in BoiseUSU78

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » April 16th, 2021, 9:27 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 9:25 am
Madmartigan wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

Sugarhouse is a nice area. My wife and I would go there or to Federal Heights for walks to escape our SL experience. We lived in SL from 2007-2015. Maybe I had a different experience than you because I used public transit every day, was forced to attend several social justice events as part of my education, lived in a crummy apartment, did clinical rotations in the community clinics, and had the U of U beating us over the head every day in class with their political views.
I get it. It sounds like we had very different experiences as I never attended school at the U. Political speeches in class would get old in a hurry even if they aligned with my own political views.

I understand where you're coming from, as someone born and raised in a small Idaho farm town, most of my friends are aghast I like SLC.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 16th, 2021, 9:43 am

Madmartigan wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 9:27 am

I get it. It sounds like we had very different experiences as I never attended school at the U. Political speeches in class would get old in a hurry even if they aligned with my own political views.

I understand where you're coming from, as someone born and raised in a small Idaho farm town, most of my friends are aghast I like SLC.
I probably need to try harder to mentally separate the University of Utah from my impressions of Salt Lake City. There were a lot of positives when we lived there, I think I just enjoy being around less people now and didn't realize how much I enjoyed it until I moved up here. But really, the Wasatch Front in general from Riverdale to Spanish Fork has just gotten to be too so full of people and I don't feel like Utah has the infrastructure to handle the growth.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 16th, 2021, 10:55 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

I didn’t know you lived down here. I live in Holladay, which is also a very nice area. You should have come over for dinner and watch a game. ;)

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 16th, 2021, 11:25 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 10:55 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
2004AG wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
2004AG wrote:
gomretat wrote:
blueblood wrote:

I didn’t know you lived down here. I live in Holladay, which is also a very nice area. You should have come over for dinner and watch a game. ;)
I'm not sure he would come. I even offered my specialty, homemade churros when we were neighbors and he wouldn't come :). Said those should be saved for Matt Mitchell only.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 16th, 2021, 11:43 am

slcagg wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 11:25 am
mcaggie1 wrote:

I'm not sure he would come. I even offered my specialty, homemade churros when we were neighbors and he wouldn't come :). Said those should be saved for Matt Mitchell only.
Fact check! slcagg was told on multiple occasions that for me to come over and enjoy a churro together he needed to come out to basketball and show me a good time first. This milk ain't free.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
USU78

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 16th, 2021, 1:28 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 11:43 am
slcagg wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 11:25 am
mcaggie1 wrote:

Fact check! slcagg was told on multiple occasions that for me to come over and enjoy a churro together he needed to come out to basketball and show me a good time first. This milk ain't free.
Haha. I'm not looking for that kind of good time after 9 pm at night. Once you are as old as me you will understand :lol:

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 16th, 2021, 1:34 pm

Btw, is anybody else constantly clicking refresh today hoping to see another signing?
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
slcagg

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 16th, 2021, 1:47 pm

I've been refreshing all day to see anything official from Utah State basketball...

crickets..
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 4):
ereksonaggieBLUERUFiOhipsterdoofus21bluegrouse

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 16th, 2021, 11:02 pm

treesap32 wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 1:47 pm
I've been refreshing all day to see anything official from Utah State basketball...

crickets..
I believe one more is on the way.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 17th, 2021, 1:50 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 11:02 pm
treesap32 wrote:

crickets..
I believe one more is on the way.
What was all the big hype about?

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » April 17th, 2021, 5:21 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 11:18 pm
Pacobag wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 10:30 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

I would’ve loved to stay at USU but they didn’t offer a Physician Assistant program. The U sucked.

If it helps I wore my Aggie gear to class every friday
Your sins can be forgiven my child.

Thank you for sharing this dark part of your life with us and welcome back to the light.

On topic I am fine with him bringing his staff. They succeeded in turning a program around and I hope they succeed in earning new opportunities for the assistants while they are here. Past successes would indicate yes. I hope their improvements continue here.
These users thanked the author crazywookie for the post:
Real Life Aggie

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » April 17th, 2021, 5:48 am

treesap32 wrote:

crickets..
Same. Not sure why we’re not announcing staff as they are hired. Matt Henry has already changed his Twitter account to say Utah State Assistant Coach. The silence has been deafening since April 6th (with the exception of the Horvath announcement). Will it hurt us in the long run? Not likely. But it would help instill some confidence/excitement in the short term.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 17th, 2021, 6:48 am

bluegrouse wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 5:48 am
treesap32 wrote:

crickets..
Same. Not sure why we’re not announcing staff as they are hired. Matt Henry has already changed his Twitter account to say Utah State Assistant Coach. The silence has been deafening since April 6th (with the exception of the Horvath announcement). Will it hurt us in the long run? Not likely. But it would help instill some confidence/excitement in the short term.
I agree in todays age teams need to be sharing things as much as possible on social media. It builds excitement and is not hard to do. The football staff is great at this.

coolag

Post by coolag » April 17th, 2021, 8:37 am

Salt Lake City....aka....center of the universe is overrated. And there is absolutely no buzz around our basketball program right now. Do we even have a coach? Just curious.

Regulator of Class

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 17th, 2021, 8:50 am

bluegrouse wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 5:48 am
treesap32 wrote:

crickets..
The entire coaching staff is here and working if that matters at all?

Locked Previous topicNext topic