Neemias Queta - Mock Drafts

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ThunderAggie

Neemias Queta - Mock Drafts

Post by ThunderAggie » April 4th, 2021, 2:55 pm

Just saw this mock draft that has him going 27th to the Brooklyn Nets. That would be pretty sweet if he joined the likes of KD, Kyrie, Harden, and Griffin.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

Has anybody seen him on any other mock drafts? I haven't looked around too much.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
AggieArmy

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Re: Neemias Queta - Mock Drafts

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 4th, 2021, 3:50 pm

I would prefer he not be influenced by 4 of the biggest turds in the NBA but he’d be used on defense for sure.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 5):
mcaggie1aggies22IdaAg93ereksonaggieNVAggie

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 4th, 2021, 3:50 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 4th, 2021, 3:50 pm
I would prefer he not be influenced by 4 of the biggest turds in the NBA but he’d be used on defense for sure.
Haha I thought the same thing.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 4th, 2021, 3:54 pm

Seriously Harden, KD, and Kyrie are everything that is wrong with the NBA: milking injuries, bouncing from team to team, ball hogs, and entitled.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 6):
BustaMcNuttaggies22IdaAg93ereksonaggie3rdGenAggieAggieFBObsession

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » April 4th, 2021, 4:02 pm

I don't have much respect for Kyrie, but KD I have no problem with. There are things I don't like about Harden's game, but it is tough to say the NBA assist leader training a a ball hog.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 4th, 2021, 4:10 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 4th, 2021, 3:54 pm
Seriously Harden, KD, and Kyrie are everything that is wrong with the NBA: milking injuries, bouncing from team to team, ball hogs, and entitled.
You left out kings of flopping.
Last edited by mcaggie1 on April 4th, 2021, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 4th, 2021, 4:13 pm

GeoAg wrote:
April 4th, 2021, 4:02 pm
I don't have much respect for Kyrie, but KD I have no problem with. There are things I don't like about Harden's game, but it is tough to say the NBA assist leader training a a ball hog.
I think hipster is referring to the type of people they are rather than their games. Here is durants latest tweet fiasco.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yah ... 15550.html
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 4th, 2021, 4:18 pm

slcagg wrote:
April 4th, 2021, 4:13 pm
GeoAg wrote:
I think hipster is referring to the type of people they are rather than their games. Here is durants latest tweet fiasco.

A has been loser attacked him privately and then when was attacked back decided to release it to the world. It is Rapaport's character that was sleazy and in the wrong here.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
AggieArmy

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » April 4th, 2021, 4:19 pm

slcagg wrote:
GeoAg wrote:

Thanks, was unaware
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
slcagg

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 4th, 2021, 4:21 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
I hate the flopping and it needs to be cleaned up both collegiately and professionally. However, I wouldn't put Harden on that list. He frequently plays through injuries and plays close to every game.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 4th, 2021, 4:25 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 4th, 2021, 4:18 pm
slcagg wrote:
GeoAg wrote:

A has been loser attacked him privately and then when was attacked back decided to release it to the world. It is Rapaport's character that was sleazy and in the wrong here.
Probably both. I’m not super close to it. Just saw the nba took an issue with it enough to fine Durant $50k. Seems to me that Durant has a history of doing stuff like this online. But maybe I’m wrong.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 4th, 2021, 5:23 pm

April 4th, 2021, 4:21 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
I hate the flopping and it needs to be cleaned up both collegiately and professionally. However, I wouldn't put Harden on that list. He frequently plays through injuries and plays close to every game.
Harden was the architect of two of my biggest pet peeves of modern basketball: “the gather/step back” and head throw back while driving to the hoop to get a foul called.

The first one has essentially added a third step and the latter form of flopping is like a bad JFK reenactment all the while using his off arm (shoulder, elbow, forearm) to create space. Free throws aren’t fun to watch but especially when they’re earned through deception.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttgomretat

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 4th, 2021, 11:32 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 4th, 2021, 5:23 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Harden was the architect of two of my biggest pet peeves of modern basketball: “the gather/step back” and head throw back while driving to the hoop to get a foul called.

The first one has essentially added a third step and the latter form of flopping is like a bad JFK reenactment all the while using his off arm (shoulder, elbow, forearm) to create space. Free throws aren’t fun to watch but especially when they’re earned through deception.
Oh no doubt he is a flopper and flopping is a serious problem in basketball that needs to get cleaned up. They need to start suspending guys who do it.

My point is Harden plays hard and has played through injuries his whole career. He did jump to the Nets, but was with Houston for most of his career despite them being a lottery team when he got there. He wanted out after they fired his GM and coach who he played his best ball and won MVP for. Also, yes he bandwagoned with the Nets, but he also wanted to join Dantoni who is now an assistant with Brooklyn. Had Houston not fired Dantoni, Harden would still be in Houston. NBA players (fairly) get labeled as coach killers for being forcing coaches out and being primadonnas, but in this case, Harden was the opposite.
Last edited by Aggie formerly in Hawaii on April 5th, 2021, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 5th, 2021, 6:19 am

April 4th, 2021, 11:32 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 4th, 2021, 5:23 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

Oh no doubt he was a flopper and flopping is a serious problem in basketball that needs to get cleaned up. They need to start suspending guys who do it.

My point is Harden plays hard and has played through injuries his whole career. He did jump to the Nets, but was with Houston for most of his career despite them being a lottery team when he got there. He wanted out after they fired his GM and coach who he played his best ball and won MVP for.
I’ll give you that. He doesn’t milk injuries like Durant and certainly not Kyrie. He also doesn’t bother me off the court with his social media game like they do.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » April 5th, 2021, 7:01 am

I was having a discussion with someone that is close to me about Queta. Which centers (legitimate centers that are 6-10+) would you draft over Queta?

Drew Timme? Evan Mobley? Kai Jones? ...?

Lastly, I can understand that Cunningham can score, but he can't play D or pass. I'll take Suggs or Mobley any day over him.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 5th, 2021, 9:26 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 7:01 am
I was having a discussion with someone that is close to me about Queta. Which centers (legitimate centers that are 6-10+) would you draft over Queta?

Lastly, I can understand that Cunningham can score, but he can't play D or pass. I'll take Suggs or Mobley any day over him.
Evan Mobley will be a top 5 pick and taken before Queta. Cade Cunningham has the athleticism and the body type the NBA oozes over so I still think he'll go number 1.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » April 5th, 2021, 10:28 am

Re: flopping - it is definitely annoying. It is a problem in all levels of basketball, but worst in the NBA. The only way it will stop is if there is some meaningful consequence.

One way to fix it overnight is to start ejecting players for flopping (exactly like the targeting rules in football) awarding the opposing team free throws and possession, and (in the NBA) fining repeat offenders progressively throughout the season.

The NBA players union would never go for that, of course, but it would stop it in a hurry.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

Formerly TulsAGGIE

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » April 5th, 2021, 10:29 am

Flopping should be a T for unsportsmanlike conduct.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus213rdGenAggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 5th, 2021, 10:36 am

brownjeans wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 10:29 am
Flopping should be a T for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Instead they just get a warning.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 5th, 2021, 10:39 am

slcagg wrote:
GeoAg wrote:

I’m not saying that rappaport isn’t a guttersnipe. He’s been a has been since portnoy canned him harder than retired relief society sister at the bishops store house.

He’s a face that everyone only knows from trying to remember where they saw him before. (Prison break)

But I view it like the Shaw scenario. He was bated by a douchenozzle so I’m forgiving- but still did a bad act.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 5th, 2021, 11:21 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 10:39 am
slcagg wrote:
GeoAg wrote:

I’m not saying that rappaport isn’t a guttersnipe. He’s been a has been since portnoy canned him harder than retired relief society sister at the bishops store house.

He’s a face that everyone only knows from trying to remember where they saw him before. (Prison break)

But I view it like the Shaw scenario. He was bated by a douchenozzle so I’m forgiving- but still did a bad act.
That isn't how I communicate with people and it is not how I would prefer others do so. Durant should have just not responded to him. His antics on twitter with his burner accounts are juvenile and beneath someone who is such a public figure. However this was a private conversation with as you rightly say was a douchenozzle who vulgarly attacked him and then released it to the world when Durant pushed back in a vulgar way. Unless it is criminal, it is pretty low class and pure sleaze to do release a private conversation like this, especially when you were the instigator. Rapaport comes off worse in this situation.
Imakeitrain

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 5th, 2021, 11:23 am

April 5th, 2021, 11:21 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 10:39 am
slcagg wrote:
GeoAg wrote:

That isn't how I communicate with people and it is not how I would prefer others do so. Durant should have just not responded to him. His antics on twitter with his burner accounts are juvenile and beneath someone who is such a public figure. However this was a private conversation with as you rightly say was a douchenozzle who vulgarly attacked him and then released it to the world when Durant pushed back in a vulgar way. Unless it is criminal, it is pretty low class and pure sleaze to do release a private conversation like this, especially when you were the instigator. Rapaport comes off worse in this situation.
Yeah I agree with you on rapaport. I still don’t like Durant though. But maybe my opinion is clouded because of his cheap shot on Rudy in the playoffs a few years ago.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 5th, 2021, 11:24 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 10:28 am
Re: flopping - it is definitely annoying. It is a problem in all levels of basketball, but worst in the NBA. The only way it will stop is if there is some meaningful consequence.

One way to fix it overnight is to start ejecting players for flopping (exactly like the targeting rules in football) awarding the opposing team free throws and possession, and (in the NBA) fining repeat offenders progressively throughout the season.

The NBA players union would never go for that, of course, but it would stop it in a hurry.
I am actually sympathetic to refs who don't catch it in the moment. Basketball is a tough game to referee and the NBA might be the toughest with how fast the game is moving. So issuing T's or ejecting guys is hard because the refs are often tricked by the flopping, thus why the problem continues and has gotten worse.

What I would do is review the flops after the game and suspend players who flop. If you flop you lose a game. If you flop again, you lose two games. Make it a serious punishment and players will quit doing it.
MrBiggle

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 7th, 2021, 12:08 pm

I know I'm looking at this from a fan's perspective but Queta (depending on where he gets picked) will really surprise some people on the next level. Look at his advanced stats:

Besides his size, shot-blocking / defensive ability (which alone would garner him consideration), he also has good offensive instincts, is a great passer, great rebounder, has a feathery jump shot, is smart, loves the game, and has that dawg mentality on the court.

Can't wait to see him play in the pros! I'd love to see my Sacramento Kings somehow get him.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » April 7th, 2021, 12:23 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 12:08 pm
I know I'm looking at this from a fan's perspective but Queta (depending on where he gets picked) will really surprise some people on the next level. Look at his advanced stats:

Besides his size, shot-blocking / defensive ability (which alone would garner him consideration), he also has good offensive instincts, is a great passer, great rebounder, has a feathery jump shot, is smart, loves the game, and has that dawg mentality on the court.

Can't wait to see him play in the pros! I'd love to see my Sacramento Kings somehow get him.
What you are saying is you want him to go to a team where he can waste away and be out of the league in 2 years? Wow... :nono:

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 7th, 2021, 12:57 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 12:23 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:

What you are saying is you want him to go to a team where he can waste away and be out of the league in 2 years? Wow... :nono:
Yeah the last place I want to see Queta is at one of the worst franchises in the league who hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 7th, 2021, 1:21 pm

April 7th, 2021, 12:57 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:

Yeah the last place I want to see Queta is at one of the worst franchises in the league who hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years.
Brutal! :lol: He'll be a part of the turnaround next season when we can Luke Walton and hire someone who actually knows what they're doing (maybe Alex Jensen?). Besides, for a late 1st round/early second guy like Queta, it's all about getting early playing time and development. The Kings need a defensive-minded center.

Rawbirds

Post by Rawbirds » April 15th, 2021, 2:36 pm

Chad Ford released his second round picks today below are his comments. He currently has him at 37.

“Queta was an NBA prospect as a freshman, fell off the radar screen as sophomore and moved back onto the first-round bubble as a junior. He got a chance to shine in the NCAA Tournament and did his part, scoring 11 points, grabbing 13 rebounds, dishing six assists and blocking seven shots against Texas Tech. He can fill out a box score that way. His rebounding, shot-blocking and assist numbers are all really intriguing. He doesn’t have the quickest feet, which may limit his defensive versatility, but there are so many positives that he deserves a look in the late first round.

Draft range: 25-45”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Rawbirds for the post (total 4):
BLUERUFiOslcaggAggieArmyaggies22

cbingham

Post by cbingham » April 15th, 2021, 3:50 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 7:01 am

Kai Jones isn't a C... He's a stretch 4 or a SF. There's also the C from Illinois. I also really like the tape on the kid from Senegal. Think there is also a small ball C from Turkey that can also shoot from the outside. I have a hard time not seeing Queta slip into the 2nd half of the 2nd round. On the right team with the right expectations I think he'll be an interesting piece that will play in the NBA for 5-8 years.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 15th, 2021, 4:23 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:21 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:

Brutal! :lol: He'll be a part of the turnaround next season when we can Luke Walton and hire someone who actually knows what they're doing (maybe Alex Jensen?). Besides, for a late 1st round/early second guy like Queta, it's all about getting early playing time and development. The Kings need a defensive-minded center.
The Kings really shouldn't have canned Dave Joeger. Vlade Divac was horrible at running a team.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 15th, 2021, 5:56 pm

April 15th, 2021, 4:23 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:21 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:

The Kings really shouldn't have canned Dave Joeger. Vlade Divac was horrible at running a team.
Agreed, I would have canned him the day he passed on Luka.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 15th, 2021, 6:13 pm

I can see Queta being the type of player Toronto, San Antonio or OKC wants. I’d love to see Queta in Dallas.

Imagine the entertainment quality of Queta and Boban!

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » April 15th, 2021, 6:26 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 6:13 pm
I can see Queta being the type of player Toronto, San Antonio or OKC wants. I’d love to see Queta in Dallas.

Imagine the entertainment quality of Queta and Boban!
As a Toronto fan, I would be ecstatic if Queta was drafted by the Raptors :rock:

Locked Previous topicNext topic