Silly ole me

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
oleblu111
RIP

Silly ole me

Post by oleblu111 » April 2nd, 2021, 4:17 pm

Perhaps there is something wrong with me because I could care less if a coach leaves USU for Utah. He will make 2 or 3 times more money, so bye bye do not let the door hit ya where the good Lord spilt ya. I could care less about what he said or did not say about USU it's fans or his former players, he is gone I could care less if he wins or not at the ewe.

USU will be just fine they are who I care about.. Our future is important, his is not.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post (total 4):
ThunderAggieBLUERUFiOtjensen_25sstrasser

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Re: Silly ole me

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » April 2nd, 2021, 4:17 pm

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » April 2nd, 2021, 4:21 pm

And to be honest, I don't get why so many are wishing Coach Smith bad. He brought USU basketball to relevance again and gave his all while here. College basketball is a business and coaches go to different schools all the time. I hope success for Coach Smith, unless it is against the Aggies...then I hope we whoop them.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOsstrasser

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » April 2nd, 2021, 4:30 pm

I’m happy he got paid and his family is set up for life. Regardless of what happens he’ll have his money. But i don’t wish him success because I will never cheer for the U. I will cheer against the U in every game they play in.
These users thanked the author UStateTim for the post (total 2):
NowhereLandAggieCastIronAggie

Usu0505

Silly ole me

Post by Usu0505 » April 2nd, 2021, 4:53 pm

UStateTim wrote:I’m happy he got paid and his family is set up for life. Regardless of what happens he’ll have his money. But i don’t wish him success because I will never cheer for the U. I will cheer against the U in every game they play in.
Well said. I don’t wish him Ill will personally but I won’t root for him as a Ute. I also agree with poster that time to move on cuz we love the Aggies not coach smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Usu0505 on April 2nd, 2021, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Usu0505 for the post:
ereksonaggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 2nd, 2021, 4:55 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
April 2nd, 2021, 4:17 pm
Perhaps there is something wrong with me because I could care less if a coach leaves USU for Utah. He will make 2 or 3 times more money, so bye bye do not let the door hit ya where the good Lord spilt ya. I could care less about what he said or did not say about USU it's fans or his former players, he is gone I could care less if he wins or not at the ewe.

USU will be just fine they are who I care about.. Our future is important, his is not.
Thanks Oleblue! USU Basketball is bigger than any coach or any one single player on the team. :utah: :state:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 2nd, 2021, 5:00 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
April 2nd, 2021, 4:21 pm
And to be honest, I don't get why so many are wishing Coach Smith bad. He brought USU basketball to relevance again and gave his all while here. College basketball is a business and coaches go to different schools all the time. I hope success for Coach Smith, unless it is against the Aggies...then I hope we whoop them.
I think it’s called human nature.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » April 2nd, 2021, 5:49 pm

UStateTim wrote:
April 2nd, 2021, 4:30 pm
I’m happy he got paid and his family is set up for life. Regardless of what happens he’ll have his money. But i don’t wish him success because I will never cheer for the U. I will cheer against the U in every game they play in.
I guess I don't know many Ute fans personally, so if I did have family, coworkers, or neighbors that were Ute fans like many on this board, it would be harder to cheer for them.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 2nd, 2021, 6:07 pm

It doesn’t make a difference other than I’m not going to be happy for Ute success. If he went to Minnesota and then Minnesota made the tournament I’d root for Minnesota because I’d be rooting for Craig smith. I’m not that petty.

However, I hope Utah loses every game and Craig smith gets fired. I’d feel the same way about byu. I am that petty.

Same thing if he hypothetically suddenly decided to coach hockey and for whatever reason the bruins or leafs hired him. My hatred of those teams outweighs my like for Craig.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 2):
CastIronAggieutaggies

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » April 2nd, 2021, 6:32 pm

Yeah, I hope he fails at Utah. Miserably. Not so much for his sake, but for the Utes.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggieutaggies

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 3rd, 2021, 1:58 pm

Part of what you are saying I agree with. USU is bigger than any coach. Craig Smith can go wherever he wants, that is his right. However since he chose to go to the enemy, he becomes the enemy. There is no wishing him well or hoping for even the slightest success. There is only the perpetual goal of Utah losing every game in every sport.

Tetonkatest

Post by Tetonkatest » April 3rd, 2021, 2:09 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
April 2nd, 2021, 4:21 pm
He annoyed a few people at the Utah press conference, when he essentially said that he would schedule BYU but not anyone else in the State. I'm sure he will schedule them, but not a home and home. So probably not likely to see him agree to come to Logan

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » April 3rd, 2021, 2:11 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 3rd, 2021, 1:58 pm
Part of what you are saying I agree with. USU is bigger than any coach. Craig Smith can go wherever he wants, that is his right. However since he chose to go to the enemy, he becomes the enemy. There is no wishing him well or hoping for even the slightest success. There is only the perpetual goal of Utah losing every game in every sport.
I do not care what he does he is gone. I did not bother to read his exit letter because to me it does not matter.. I doubt he will ever bring a team to Logan for a game so I do not consider the ewe or him as a rival.

I do not spend time being concerned with coach's that have left the school, but that is just my crazy mind.

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » April 3rd, 2021, 2:13 pm

Coach Smith succeeding at Utah does nothing good for USU. Recruiting and attention for USU improves when Utah is terrible. Coach Smith is a good guy but I do not wish him well at Utah.
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post (total 2):
utaggiesAggieFBObsession

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 3rd, 2021, 2:15 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
April 3rd, 2021, 2:11 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 3rd, 2021, 1:58 pm
I do not care what he does he is gone. I did not bother to read his exit letter because to me it does not matter.. I doubt he will ever bring a team to Logan for a game so I do not consider the ewe or him as a rival.

I do not spend time being concerned with coach's that have left the school, but that is just my crazy mind.
Had he gone anywhere else I'd agree, but since he went to the enemy I do cheer for his failure just as I cheer for their failure no matter who is the coach. Sorry, but them refusing to play us doesn't take away the rivalry, it makes my hatred for them grow stronger.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 3rd, 2021, 2:17 pm

I hope the Utes fail spectacularly and this requires that Smith fail. He's getting his $12+ million regardless. He'll be fine.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » April 3rd, 2021, 2:45 pm

oleblu111 wrote:

How much less?

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » April 5th, 2021, 1:08 pm

Dwigt wrote:
April 3rd, 2021, 2:45 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

How much less?
Sorry you did not understand my post. I shall try harder next time to be understood.

Locked Previous topicNext topic