Players we have "interest" in

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
NewUSUfan
Posts: 106
Joined: November 27th, 2019, 8:42 am
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Players we have "interest" in

Post by NewUSUfan » March 25th, 2021, 5:42 pm

With potentially 5+ scholarships opening up. We need a few more of these!!





These users thanked the author NewUSUfan for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggiecdaAg



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 4484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 1770 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by ineptimusprime » March 26th, 2021, 12:08 am



No excuse for failing to reel in some dudes this year!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 5):
aggies22USU78BLUERUFiOAggiePTReal Life Aggie



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5723
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 1258 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 26th, 2021, 12:17 am

Here we go! Let's get some shooters!



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12035
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8228 times
Been thanked: 5684 times
Contact:

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by aggies22 » March 26th, 2021, 5:38 am

NewUSUfan wrote:
March 25th, 2021, 5:42 pm
With potentially 5+ scholarships opening up. We need a few more of these!!





I do NOT believe we've spoken with Jack Wetzel. YET.

I DO believe we have contacted Mike Saunders Jr.

I have CONFIRMED that we have contacted Justin King.



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1631 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2021, 6:00 am

Justin king is a 2022 guy right?



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 4484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 1770 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by ineptimusprime » March 26th, 2021, 9:28 am

https://247sports.com/player/brendan-hausen-46096638/

Sounds like this dude is in Logan this weekend. Seems like one of the shooters we need.

These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
ViAggie



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12035
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8228 times
Been thanked: 5684 times
Contact:

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by aggies22 » March 26th, 2021, 9:31 am

slcagg wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 6:00 am
Justin king is a 2022 guy right?
Yes. So is Brendan Hausen.



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 2051
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » March 26th, 2021, 10:30 am

ineptimusprime wrote:https://247sports.com/player/brendan-hausen-46096638/

Sounds like this dude is in Logan this weekend. Seems like one of the shooters we need.

Well range certainly doesn’t seem to be an issue! My goodness.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12035
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8228 times
Been thanked: 5684 times
Contact:

Re: Players we have

Post by aggies22 » March 26th, 2021, 11:14 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 10:30 am
ineptimusprime wrote:https://247sports.com/player/brendan-hausen-46096638/

Sounds like this dude is in Logan this weekend. Seems like one of the shooters we need.

Well range certainly doesn’t seem to be an issue! My goodness.
I can CONFIRM that Brendan is in fact here on an unofficial visit.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
BLUERUFiO



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1631 times

Re: Players we have

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2021, 11:21 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 11:14 am
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 10:30 am
ineptimusprime wrote:https://247sports.com/player/brendan-hausen-46096638/

Sounds like this dude is in Logan this weekend. Seems like one of the shooters we need.

Well range certainly doesn’t seem to be an issue! My goodness.
I can CONFIRM that Brendan is in fact here on an unofficial visit.
Can he reclassify to 2021?



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 8616
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 1498 times
Been thanked: 622 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 26th, 2021, 11:22 am

It looks like Hausen would be a really good pick up.


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1631 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2021, 11:23 am

3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 11:22 am
It looks like Hausen would be a really good pick up.
Yeah high interest from other solid programs as well.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 4484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 1770 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by ineptimusprime » March 26th, 2021, 12:09 pm



Did Smith recruit this guy to South Dakota? Would be a dream, but I assume he goes high major with his stat line.



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1631 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2021, 12:13 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:09 pm


Did Smith recruit this guy to South Dakota? Would be a dream, but I assume he goes high major with his stat line.
Yes he did.

Wow that would be a nice guy to plug in on the wing. How good can be shoot it?



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 8616
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 1498 times
Been thanked: 622 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 26th, 2021, 12:16 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:13 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:09 pm


Did Smith recruit this guy to South Dakota? Would be a dream, but I assume he goes high major with his stat line.
Yes he did.

Wow that would be a nice guy to plug in on the wing. How good can be shoot it?
35.5% last season on 4.4 attempts per game, a hair lower than that for his career on lower volume.

A three is a good shot for him from an analytics standpoint.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
slcagg


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

aggietime
Posts: 169
Joined: January 15th, 2011, 9:46 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by aggietime » March 26th, 2021, 12:20 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:16 pm
slcagg wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:13 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:09 pm


Did Smith recruit this guy to South Dakota? Would be a dream, but I assume he goes high major with his stat line.
Yes he did.

Wow that would be a nice guy to plug in on the wing. How good can be shoot it?
35.5% last season on 4.4 attempts per game, a hair lower than that for his career on lower volume.

A three is a good shot for him from an analytics standpoint.
I think he would have played his freshman season at South Dakota under Smith. Haven't watched him play, but I'd take a 3 time all league guy. Any word on if we're interested and vice versa?



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1631 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2021, 12:23 pm

aggietime wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:20 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:16 pm
slcagg wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:13 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:09 pm


Did Smith recruit this guy to South Dakota? Would be a dream, but I assume he goes high major with his stat line.
Yes he did.

Wow that would be a nice guy to plug in on the wing. How good can be shoot it?
35.5% last season on 4.4 attempts per game, a hair lower than that for his career on lower volume.

A three is a good shot for him from an analytics standpoint.
I think he would have played his freshman season at South Dakota under Smith. Haven't watched him play, but I'd take a 3 time all league guy. Any word on if we're interested and vice versa?
I’m sure we’d be interested. The question is what is he looking for? Gonna have high level interest. He is from Texas. Probably have at least a few Texas p5 schools interested. But maybe smith can pull one out here. Mooney may have ended up here if he didn’t believe it would be such a rebuild.



aggies95
Posts: 57
Joined: January 8th, 2020, 11:07 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by aggies95 » March 26th, 2021, 12:27 pm

A quick look at some highlights of his...he's a bucket. Would help us tremendously. Versatile wing/forward. The exact kind of positionless scorer we should be going after.
These users thanked the author aggies95 for the post (total 2):
aggies22Real Life Aggie



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1631 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2021, 12:28 pm

aggies95 wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:27 pm
A quick look at some highlights of his...he's a bucket. Would help us tremendously. Versatile wing/forward. The exact kind of positionless scorer we should be going after.
Here is a good example.

These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies95



Bank Shot
Posts: 859
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 201 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by Bank Shot » March 26th, 2021, 12:37 pm

So it says that he entered the portal last year but decided to stay. Did we reach out last year?



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 6149
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 639 times
Been thanked: 1386 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 26th, 2021, 12:40 pm

Sorry, but Umude just screams P5 transfer to me. I'm pretty confident this kid ends up at a big school.



Pacobag
Posts: 674
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 7:34 pm
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by Pacobag » March 26th, 2021, 12:43 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Sorry, but Umude just screams P5 transfer to me. I'm pretty confident this kid ends up at a big school.
Does he want to be a role player at a P5 or the offensive star at a high mid major, that had 2 NBA draft picks the previous 2 seasons? ;)
These users thanked the author Pacobag for the post (total 4):
hipsterdoofus21Roy McAvoyaggies22Real Life Aggie



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1631 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Pacobag wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:43 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Sorry, but Umude just screams P5 transfer to me. I'm pretty confident this kid ends up at a big school.
Does he want to be a role player at a P5 or the offensive star at a high mid major, that had 2 NBA draft picks the previous 2 seasons? ;)
And this is exactly why Craig should aggressively pursue him
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
hipsterdoofus21



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16514
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1094 times
Been thanked: 1592 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 26th, 2021, 1:01 pm

Dang that guy is good. That’s the type of player we need to take the next step.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
slcaggaggies22



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16514
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1094 times
Been thanked: 1592 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 26th, 2021, 1:13 pm

I just pictured a lineup of Queta, Bean, and Umede

Image



User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2730
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 438 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by newhouse9 » March 26th, 2021, 1:27 pm

He reminds me a LITTLE of Alphonso.
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 2051
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » March 26th, 2021, 1:33 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:I just pictured a lineup of Queta, Bean, and Umede

Image
Throw in defensive stopper Marco, an improved Rollie at the point, bring in bomber Brock off the bench, and I think we have the pieces to make a run in the tourney next year. Can someone share this plan with Queta and Umede please.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post (total 3):
hipsterdoofus21Aggie formerly in Hawaiiaggies22



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2989
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 309 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by GUS » March 26th, 2021, 2:19 pm

It's funny at around the 2:20 mark, they run the double pick inbounds play for Umede that we've run for Bean that was so successful.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
aggies22



ChicagoAggie
Posts: 1208
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by ChicagoAggie » March 26th, 2021, 3:10 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Sorry, but Umude just screams P5 transfer to me. I'm pretty confident this kid ends up at a big school.
Utah State IS A BIG TIME BASKETBALL SCHOOL!!

Stop selling us short...
These users thanked the author ChicagoAggie for the post (total 3):
hipsterdoofus21aggies22flying_scotsman2.0



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16514
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1094 times
Been thanked: 1592 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 26th, 2021, 4:31 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 3:10 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Sorry, but Umude just screams P5 transfer to me. I'm pretty confident this kid ends up at a big school.
Utah State IS A BIG TIME BASKETBALL SCHOOL!!

Stop selling us short...
We were big enough to recruit away their coach.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
OrangeCountyAggie



nvspuds
Posts: 1218
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 639 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by nvspuds » March 26th, 2021, 4:55 pm




User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16514
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1094 times
Been thanked: 1592 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 26th, 2021, 5:01 pm

We need a thumbs down option
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
nvspuds3rdGenAggieReal Life Aggie



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5723
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 1258 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 26th, 2021, 9:14 pm

Any interest or chance at Timmy Allen? He is leaving Utah.
https://www.collegebasketballtransfers. ... fer-portal
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
slcagg



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 4484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 1770 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by ineptimusprime » March 26th, 2021, 9:28 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 9:14 pm
Any interest or chance at Timmy Allen? He is leaving Utah.
https://www.collegebasketballtransfers. ... fer-portal
He may be the most sought after grad transfer in the whole country, so..... no chance I’d guess.



coolag
Posts: 1553
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Players we have "interest" in

Post by coolag » March 26th, 2021, 9:40 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 1:01 pm
Dang that guy is good. That’s the type of player we need to take the next step.
How the crap did he end up at South Dakota is what I want to know. Captain Craig Smith charm?



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic