Idaho falls freshman.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
cval

Re: Idaho falls freshman.

Post by cval » May 7th, 2021, 11:10 am

3rdGenAggie wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 10:23 am
Given that this kid lives in BYU-Idaho's shadow and has a dad that works there, I can see why there might be an unfortunate connection with BYU-Provo. There may or may not actually be pictures of me during high school wearing a BYU hat....I was young, naive and have repented of those silly and short lived ideas. Hopefully this young man will come to his senses as well.
I have actually heard that the smaller BYU's (I, H) really don't consider themselves part of BYU-Provo. They actually feel about them similarly to the way we do.

I doubt his dad working for BYU-I would be a deciding factor. Now, that does not mean he is not a BYU fan or that he will not go there, just that they don't like being considered a subsidiary. There is some mild resentment to that characterization.
These users thanked the author cval for the post:
3rdGenAggie

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » May 7th, 2021, 12:05 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:Given that this kid lives in BYU-Idaho's shadow and has a dad that works there, I can see why there might be an unfortunate connection with BYU-Provo. There may or may not actually be pictures of me during high school wearing a BYU hat....I was young, naive and have repented of those silly and short lived ideas. Hopefully this young man will come to his senses as well.
Even as a third generation Aggie? You have brought great shame to the two previous generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » May 7th, 2021, 12:44 pm

2004AG wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 12:05 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:Given that this kid lives in BYU-Idaho's shadow and has a dad that works there, I can see why there might be an unfortunate connection with BYU-Provo. There may or may not actually be pictures of me during high school wearing a BYU hat....I was young, naive and have repented of those silly and short lived ideas. Hopefully this young man will come to his senses as well.
Even as a third generation Aggie? You have brought great shame to the two previous generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed I did. I'm not sure why it happened, but thankfully it didn't last for long. Probably teenage rebellion.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Locked Previous topicNext topic