Bean & Queta Scoring #'s

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieSox

Re: Bean & Queta Scoring #'s

Post by AggieSox » January 30th, 2021, 12:03 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
January 29th, 2021, 10:39 am
Bean hit 28% last season from 3, he's only taken 25 of them this year in 18 games... Don't think you need to even bother telling a guy taking 1.5 3s a game to stop shooting is my point

Yes he's not there to rebound his 1-2 3s a game, but with Queta, Anthony, etc. We still have guys capable of grabbing a board or Bean following his shot anyway
My point of the thread wasnt Bean's 3 point shooting, but that the dude isnt a freshman anymore just running around, he knows the offense and should be having a little offensive output 1/4 games and getting 15-20 points at some point.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » February 5th, 2021, 3:02 pm

AggieSox wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 12:03 am
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
January 29th, 2021, 10:39 am
Bean hit 28% last season from 3, he's only taken 25 of them this year in 18 games... Don't think you need to even bother telling a guy taking 1.5 3s a game to stop shooting is my point

Yes he's not there to rebound his 1-2 3s a game, but with Queta, Anthony, etc. We still have guys capable of grabbing a board or Bean following his shot anyway
My point of the thread wasnt Bean's 3 point shooting, but that the dude isnt a freshman anymore just running around, he knows the offense and should be having a little offensive output 1/4 games and getting 15-20 points at some point.
I agree for the most part, both his scoring and rebounding have taken a small step back.

I actually think him continuing to shoot the 3 will open up the floor for him/us a bit though, we need to run some back cuts with him and maybe some more back pick lob oops to utilize his offensive abilities better

He's still a very valuable player, just hasn't developed into a go to scorer after his breakout but continues to be more of an elite role player
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post:
AggieSox

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » February 5th, 2021, 9:58 pm

@MetsJetsAggies

Totally agree. It seems like coach is saying, get yours if you can. As much as Quetta gets doubled a alley to bean or something designed should be easy & simple.

But like last night bean plays a bunch of minutes & gets 5 points again. He has taken a Ste back in rebounds & points. Hope this changes as some point soon, we need him at a high level to make a run

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » February 6th, 2021, 1:00 am

If I remember didn’t Bean get married. There is your answer right there. Marriage takes your jump out of you! If you had a 46 vertical then got married, the vertical goes to 42. 4 inches is lost because of marriage. It true my friends, it’s in the book! Look under jumping after marriage!
These users thanked the author troutputz for the post:
AggieSox

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » February 6th, 2021, 2:49 am

How much of this is due to last season teams focusing on Sam and Queta. Essentially saying we'll let Bean do his thing to slow down the other two. After a year of averaging a double double and Sam gone I think he has moved up the priority list for other teams.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » February 6th, 2021, 8:48 am

pilotaggie wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:49 am
How much of this is due to last season teams focusing on Sam and Queta. Essentially saying we'll let Bean do his thing to slow down the other two. After a year of averaging a double double and Sam gone I think he has moved up the priority list for other teams.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
That’s a great point. We don’t have 1 dominant guy, Quetta is almost great on offense but still just good.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » February 6th, 2021, 9:18 am

AggieSox wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 9:58 pm
@MetsJetsAggies

Totally agree. It seems like coach is saying, get yours if you can. As much as Quetta gets doubled a alley to bean or something designed should be easy & simple.

But like last night bean plays a bunch of minutes & gets 5 points again. He has taken a Ste back in rebounds & points. Hope this changes as some point soon, we need him at a high level to make a run
If the Aggies stop to be a top 10 offensive rebounding team or their rebound differential drops then I would explore the premise that Bean isn't playing to his potential. I missed the Fresno game live and watched it with the download. I kind of watched Bean and and Rollie because people had complained they didn't play well. Both were excellent on both ends in their roles. Worster missed a couple of looks but was stellar doing what he does. Bean played tremendous defense and rebounded great on both ends. He hit the 2 open looks I saw him take. Its just Anderson and Ashworth came in hot and Smith rewarded them.

I think Bean could be a 16/10 guy with decent efficiency. However, with the composition and talents of this team he would be doing so at the expense of the team. Its that simple.

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » March 13th, 2021, 4:12 pm

3/13/2021 Update to original post.

When Bean and Queta both score in double digits we almost always win. They have both played amazing the past 5 or so games and we are hard to beat when they both show up on offense in same game.

Hoping they both kill it today in MWCCG.

Locked Previous topicNext topic