Recruiting/Development

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Recruiting/Development

Post by aggies1 » January 21st, 2021, 6:17 pm

As I have read posts about recruiting and how some of the freshman recruits are not going to make it or we need to recruit over them and counsel them out. I keep thinking about how there is some really good talent here even if some of them are raw, I'm not worried a bit. One of the things I have loved about Craig Smith (besides his coaching ability) is the fact that he develops players and there is noticeable difference from year to year. Take Dorius for example. He has improved so much since he got back from his mission. Not only is he a serviceable backup, I see potential for him to start when Queta is gone. Bean was a walk on when Craig Smith came and now look at him. Abel Porter was a walk on and developed into a great PG. Brock Miller struggled some last year, but his game is evolving and I think has become more than anything a defensive stopper. Queta has improved so much over the 2 1/2 years he has been here. Now, I know players have a big role in their own development. It takes work, but I think Craigs ability to develop and make players better is often overlooked and under appreciated. I can't wait to see what Zapala and Shulga become. I have been a big Bairstow fan, because you can see his talent. He is right on the edge of becoming a major contributor in my opinion. Craig is so good at developing to make each player successful in his system! If he keeps it going he will earn COY honors again this year.
These users thanked the author aggies1 for the post (total 5):
Bank Shotaggies22Real Life Aggiebrossp24LoveMyAggies