Utah High School basketball crowds

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Utah High School basketball crowds

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 21st, 2021, 3:25 pm

I heard on the radio broadcast of a Logan High game that they allowed 120 Logan students, after other games they didn't allow any, and gave each player 2 tickets to give to their parents, unless their parents wanted to let someone else use them and go to the game. They also mentioned that they have the pep band social distanced in the crowd. Aren't they also making the home cheerleaders cheer in the stands like almost all colleges are doing? Are they shutting out the visiting team's fans including their cheerleaders from attending, other than the 2 tickets a player? I would assume that as is the case with other events, they are making students get out of there when the game is over and not hang out on the court like most years.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Utah High School basketball crowds

Post by ProvoAggie » January 21st, 2021, 3:28 pm

I don't know if it's uniform throughout the state but I went to Provo High's basketball game a few weeks ago. Each player on each team got an allotment of tickets (not sure how many but I'm guessing 4-6). There was no band and no student section. The cheerleaders were on the floor about 10 feet back from the baseline wearing masks. There was a decent sized crowd but not so large that you couldn't distance from other people.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » January 21st, 2021, 3:32 pm

My sons both play High School basketball out here and we weren't allowed to attend any games until 2 weeks ago. We watched games on the NFHS Network. Now we can attend but they only let two parents in to home games. When they play road games we are not allowed to attend. Cheerleaders are allowed to attend the home games. The players are not bussed to the away games instead they have to find their own ride.

"The media is not your friend.” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo

"We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » January 21st, 2021, 3:42 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:My sons both play High School basketball out here and we weren't allowed to attend any games until 2 weeks ago. We watched games on the NFHS Network. Now we can attend but they only let two parents in to home games. When they play road games we are not allowed to attend. Cheerleaders are allowed to attend the home games. The players are not bussed to the away games instead they have to find their own ride.
I have a close friend from HS who both her and her husband played college ball, have been HS coaches, have kids playing ball in ID, and now she is a school administrator.

She has been extremely vocal about her displeasure with the Governor and high school sports administration for how they have handled crowds and parents. Her social media posts seem to indicate it has been a bit better lately, albeit still unsatisfactory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work expands to fill the time allotted.

jwaggie

Post by jwaggie » January 21st, 2021, 3:55 pm

Region 11 (thee cache valley region) is allowing 4 tickets per athlete and 200 students at home games. The student sections are spaced out and in the upper stand

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » January 21st, 2021, 4:07 pm

jpswensen wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 3:42 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:My sons both play High School basketball out here and we weren't allowed to attend any games until 2 weeks ago. We watched games on the NFHS Network. Now we can attend but they only let two parents in to home games. When they play road games we are not allowed to attend. Cheerleaders are allowed to attend the home games. The players are not bussed to the away games instead they have to find their own ride.
I have a close friend from HS who both her and her husband played college ball, have been HS coaches, have kids playing ball in ID, and now she is a school administrator.

She has been extremely vocal about her displeasure with the Governor and high school sports administration for how they have handled crowds and parents. Her social media posts seem to indicate it has been a bit better lately, albeit still unsatisfactory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's definitely frustrating. My sons attend the largest High School in Idaho and they're really strict in following the COVID protocol. Club basketball was crazy over the summer too. Hopefully things improve soon.

"The media is not your friend.” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo

"We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » January 21st, 2021, 5:05 pm

Stupid covid

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 21st, 2021, 6:21 pm

jwaggie wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 3:55 pm
Region 11 (thee cache valley region) is allowing 4 tickets per athlete and 200 students at home games. The student sections are spaced out and in the upper stand
That is at least somewhat reasonable. I am thankful to USU for allowing fans. The 2 games i have attended have been wonderful. I honestly think there is a way to be both responsible but also allow fans. I am thankful the bear river health department is acting in a responsible way (in my opinion).
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Aggie-Man

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 21st, 2021, 7:32 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 6:21 pm
jwaggie wrote:
That is at least somewhat reasonable. I am thankful to USU for allowing fans. The 2 games i have attended have been wonderful. I honestly think there is a way to be both responsible but also allow fans. I am thankful the bear river health department is acting in a responsible way (in my opinion).
But wouldn’t that require adults being allowed to make their own decisions?

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » January 21st, 2021, 8:46 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 7:32 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
jwaggie wrote:
It would. It's also too bad some adults are dumbasses.

Go Aggies!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 22nd, 2021, 2:40 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 8:46 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 7:32 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
jwaggie wrote:
It would. It's also too bad some adults are dumbasses.
I'd say many are. And the UHSAA is full of prime examples.

boyblue
Has thanked: 0

Post by boyblue » January 22nd, 2021, 5:50 pm

Idaho just announced they are relaxing their rules. We are now allowed up to 40% of the capacity. Each district can be more strict. This pretty much means that in my small town, anyone that wants to go can.
These users thanked the author boyblue for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic