Our guards are better than expected.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Real Life Aggie

Re: Our guards are better than expected.

Post by Real Life Aggie » January 1st, 2021, 5:28 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 10:24 pm
The comments in this thread will be interesting to read after we play SDSU and Boise.
If you want interesting comments, head to chat during those games. You'll see that the sky is falling with every little mistake.

cval

Post by cval » January 2nd, 2021, 12:43 pm

They are not “there” yet, but they have improved noticeably. There will still likely be growing pains this year, but the future looks promising.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 2nd, 2021, 1:12 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 10:17 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 10:24 pm
The comments in this thread will be interesting to read after we play SDSU and Boise.
I see where you're coming from on this. The first year experience and athleticism of Rollie and Ashworth could be exposed, but overall the future is bright for them and the Aggies.
I think most reasonable posters have adjusted expectations and expect us to finish behind SDSU and Boise. It will be a pleasant surprise to me if we win even 1 out of 4 against SDSU and Boise. I think we are a distant third place team in the MW right now, but it also looks to me that there is a bit of distance between us and the fourth place team right now.

Things could change a lot still, but that’s what it looks like to me based on the current sample.

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » January 2nd, 2021, 1:24 pm

I'll reserve judgement on whether there is much distance between 3rd and 4th after I see how CSU does vs. SDSU. I watched their games vs. Fresno and was impressed. The one outlier is getting blown out by St. Mary's.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 2nd, 2021, 1:26 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 1:24 pm
I'll reserve judgement on whether there is much distance between 3rd and 4th after I see how CSU does vs. SDSU. I watched their games vs. Fresno and was impressed. The one outlier is getting blown out by St. Mary's.
I’d agree. Although one caveat is that was about their first game and st Mary’s had been playing about 3 weeks. But that was an egg for sure.

One thing I’m not sold on with csu are their bigs.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » January 2nd, 2021, 1:48 pm

Impressive. That game v/Air Force was a shocker to me. I'd seen us get blown out couple of times early in the season and thought the BB team was going to be worse than our FB team.

What a turnaround. Made me happy.

Guards just need to be solid, not great. We'll go as far as Queta takes us.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » January 2nd, 2021, 3:43 pm

El Sapo wrote:Impressive. That game v/Air Force was a shocker to me. I'd seen us get blown out couple of times early in the season and thought the BB team was going to be worse than our FB team.

What a turnaround. Made me happy.

Guards just need to be solid, not great. We'll go as far as Queta takes us.
Really? Worse than our football team? Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic