Back to back games.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Bank Shot

Back to back games.

Post by Bank Shot » December 20th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Nevada blowing out AFA by 17 to turn around 2 days later on the same court and lose by 2 is going to be a common occurrence this year, I believe. Due to a habit of mine (for recreational purposes only ;) , I've noticed this trend. The low mid-majors have already started league play with back to back games, and it's so common to have one team blow out their opponent, to turn around and get blown out the next day. Literally, 15to 20 point margins both days. Granted, no day in between like the MWC, but I think we're going to see a lot of weird stuff this year.

nvspuds

Re: Back to back games.

Post by nvspuds » December 20th, 2020, 8:49 pm

It was weird playing two in a row like that..I wonder if they will do it again next year.

usu99

Post by usu99 » December 20th, 2020, 8:50 pm

2-24 from 3... WOw seems like our type of game ;)

For all of your IT needs visit http://www.sidelogic.com

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » December 20th, 2020, 8:58 pm

NV had been at close to 36 percent from 3 before tonight..It was a horrible night of missing wide open 3's, clanking free throws and turnovers..I had to wash my eyes out with Clorox after watching it.
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post (total 4):
Real Life AggieJjoey52AggieFBObsessiontreesap32

SectionBAggie

Post by SectionBAggie » December 20th, 2020, 9:55 pm

Back-to-back can be extremely unpredictable. But perhaps never more than in 1981-2 season when USU suffered their worst basketball record in school history. Finished 4-23 with only 2 conference wins. (interestingly they scored a win each over UoU and BYU, but got swept by WSU going 2-4 in-state.)
Due to a scheduling quirk, USU played UoP on Thursday night in California with a follow-up game two nights later in Logan. Thursday's game was a blowout for the Tigers - 100-78. And the truly concerning part of the quick turnaround was that the Aggies lost their starting center (and only real big man) to an injury that was going to keep him out of the Saturday night game.
I don't remember the details and wasn't successful in looking them up, but somehow short-handed USU turned the tables and won the game on Saturday night. And it wasn't even close - 88-60. That makes for a 50-point turnaround.

I will go out on a limb and predict that we won't see that kind of a turnaround over any of our back-to-back series this year.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 21st, 2020, 7:30 am

I've just accepted that 2020-2021 sports are pretty much ruined. We are just going to have to be happy that we can watch anything.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » December 21st, 2020, 12:04 pm

I think the back to back is also a mental toughness thing. If you win by twenty the first night you cannot assume you just have to show up to win the next night. Young kids typically have to learn that the hard way, and Air Force is probably the perfect program to go teaching that lesson to others.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic