Ticket prices

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ususports

Ticket prices

Post by ususports » December 7th, 2020, 4:55 pm

I recognize that with limited inventory, that can drive prices up. However, is anybody else surprised that the least expensive price option to see the mighty college of Idaho in all their glory is $30 per ticket? I know Oleblu thinks that’s a steal of a deal and will forever look down at me for this post. However, the ticket office is using the same pricing that they did for the BYU game.

GUS

Re: Ticket prices

Post by GUS » December 7th, 2020, 5:19 pm

I thought of going until I saw that. Wasn't able to go to the last game then they want to gouge the lower Aggies Unlimited folks on this game. Just stupid.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 7th, 2020, 6:24 pm

I think part of the problem is they have a false sense of security that cause of how high the demand was for BYU, the demand will be fairly high for games all season long. But the problem is we are going from the highest demand opponent to the lowest demand opponent. And even aside that, there is all the lower demand for a game on Tuesday verses a game on Saturday.

Their way of thinking is "We still get 6000 for games against Sub D1 schools(Pre-Covid), so we will still be able to quickly sell 1600 tickets at any price we want, with 4400 being sad about not being able to go to that game." But it doesn't work that way.

There are reasons we are normally able to get 6000 to even Sub D1 games that are different this year.

1. People spend the money for tickets, and like to think about getting the tickets to first, the highest demand games, and then some of the moderate to lower demand games, without thinking about the lowest demand games. But then think they might as well go to even the Sub D1 games since they already paid for the tickets. But getting people to spend money prior to EACH game, even the Sub D1 games, is a different story.

2. Some people get season tickets while not being able to make all the games, and give away the tickets to the games they are not able to make it to. But this year, there will be noone getting free tickets from friends or family members that get season tickets but don't make it to all the games.

GUS

Post by GUS » December 7th, 2020, 7:00 pm

They should have charged double this amount for the zoob game.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
Aggieiester

ususports

Post by ususports » December 7th, 2020, 7:57 pm

GUS wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 7:00 pm
They should have charged double this amount for the zoob game.
I disagree. I think they should have just made the limit lower than 6 tickets per account to give more people the opportunity to buy them.

As for the pricing on the College of Idaho game, I did extensive studies of the human body in my 6th grade biology class, and I never would have dreamed it would be physically possible for anyone to get their head stuck so far up their backside to think it would be logical to charge the same price for a game against a hated rival compared to a game against a no name non-D1 team. I learned something knew today though, we have some very flexible and bendy people who work in the ticket office, as they have accomplished something I previously thought would be impossible. :joking:

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 8th, 2020, 11:11 am

And yet there are only 169 tickets left for tonight's game by my count. Maybe they're not so stupid after all.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
oleblu111

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » December 8th, 2020, 11:55 am

It’s over priced but tickets will be tough to come by this year. Should probably take it when you have the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » December 8th, 2020, 12:40 pm

that they are more than you are willing to pay does not make them overpriced - it simply makes them over your pricing threshold. If there were 90% still available, instead of 10, then I could maybe see an argument for being over priced.
These users thanked the author AGinNEIowa for the post:
sstrasser

2020 PICK'EM GOOGLE Docs -
BOWLS (pick entry)

WEEK 15 (results)

ususports

Post by ususports » December 8th, 2020, 1:19 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 11:11 am
And yet there are only 169 tickets left for tonight's game by my count. Maybe they're not so stupid after all.
First, excellent use of your time! Make sure to recount that 3-4 more times today.

Second, if people choose to ignore the joking emoji and can’t tell from the tone of my biology comment that I was being sarcastic, I am sorry that you have to endure this life without being able to laugh a little. Maybe lighten up and have some fun by paying $50 per ticket to watch College of Idaho. ;)

I fully understand both sides, as the athletic department is trying to maximize revenue (probably now more than ever). The opposite viewpoint would be, what is the logic when our fans get pissed off when we “only” have 20,000 fans show up for a football game, but we are jumping up and down for joy because we sell 931 seats out of 1,100 to a men’s basketball game (using your numbers since 500 tickets go to students). Again, I understand the maximizing revenue side of it, but we should sell out when only 1,100 tickets are available.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 8th, 2020, 2:59 pm

ususports wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 1:19 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 11:11 am
First, excellent use of your time! Make sure to recount that 3-4 more times today.

Second, if people choose to ignore the joking emoji and can’t tell from the tone of my biology comment that I was being sarcastic, I am sorry that you have to endure this life without being able to laugh a little. Maybe lighten up and have some fun by paying $50 per ticket to watch College of Idaho. ;)

I fully understand both sides, as the athletic department is trying to maximize revenue (probably now more than ever). The opposite viewpoint would be, what is the logic when our fans get pissed off when we “only” have 20,000 fans show up for a football game, but we are jumping up and down for joy because we sell 931 seats out of 1,100 to a men’s basketball game (using your numbers since 500 tickets go to students). Again, I understand the maximizing revenue side of it, but we should sell out when only 1,100 tickets are available.
Yeah, took me like a whole 2-3 minutes to count while I was already on there buying tickets. What a waste.

Not seeing any sarcasm but okay.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » December 8th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Pods make it really easy to count the total seats left... approximately 130 seats available still.

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » December 8th, 2020, 6:27 pm

USU has millions less in ticket purchased than what most of the MWC schools have. The part that bothers me is ticket revenue has had very little change since USU joined the MWC.The donations are up but that is most likely due because of the suite and club seats, of course I would think that increase goes to the debt.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
bluegrouse

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic