Is Queta Kent Myers?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
YouEssYou
Posts: 906
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 7:54 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by YouEssYou » December 5th, 2020, 9:28 pm

I thought Queta was going to be awesome for us after watching his freshman season but he seems to have digressed since then. I know the injury was the explanation for last season, but he has been underwhelming this season so far. I remember when people were hoping he would stick around but now I feel fairly confident we have him through his senior season. Unless he greatly improves I don't think he'll sniff the NBA. But I've been wrong before, I mean, I thought the reffing for the byu game was sensational. :puke: (the puking is for the reffing, not Queta)
These users thanked the author YouEssYou for the post:
ryguy417



User avatar
ryguy417
Posts: 35
Joined: September 24th, 2011, 9:30 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by ryguy417 » December 5th, 2020, 9:31 pm

Just posted something similar. Very underwhelmed by his progress as a big man. Will reverse physiology work? Maybe he’s afraid of the rim. Would love to see him throw it down about 5x a game. Certainly has the looks, but no effort to finish.



FL350Aggie
Posts: 186
Joined: January 19th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by FL350Aggie » December 5th, 2020, 9:34 pm

I just don’t think he is in quite good enough shape to play 36 minutes a game. I’m hoping as the season progresses he gets used to the workload.



slcagg
Posts: 6395
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1373 times
Been thanked: 1090 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by slcagg » December 5th, 2020, 9:34 pm

FL350Aggie wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:34 pm
I just don’t think he is in quite good enough shape to play 36 minutes a game. I’m hoping as the season progresses he gets used to the workload.
That’s probably a really good reason for his shots being off tonight. He played almost the entire game.



User avatar
ryguy417
Posts: 35
Joined: September 24th, 2011, 9:30 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by ryguy417 » December 5th, 2020, 9:36 pm

He barely needs to jump though...? He gets to the rim and wants to go Tim Duncan off the backboard too strong.



oleblu111
Posts: 1824
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 337 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by oleblu111 » December 5th, 2020, 9:37 pm

My question would be is Justin Bean as bad a offensive player as he was in this game, and we made 2 3 point shots all game I see much more wrong with this group than Queta, perhaps they need to shoot outside a bit to take pressure off the inside.



bpd
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by bpd » December 5th, 2020, 9:38 pm

This a dumb topic. He had 18 and 8 against a 7'3 dude ( and didn't have a break the 2nd half) and you are criticizing him. There are much bigger problems....like Bean getting 6 points and averaging single digit points.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 6):
Winning Teamoleblu111Real Life AggiebluegrouseGUSMrBiggle



Winning Team
Posts: 170
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by Winning Team » December 5th, 2020, 9:41 pm

bpd wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:38 pm
This a dumb topic. He had 18 and 8 against a 7'3 dude ( and didn't have a break the 2nd half) and you are criticizing him. There are much bigger problems....like Bean getting 6 points and averaging single digit points.
I totally agree. We are really criticizing our leading scorer? :headscratch: Yes he missed shots but he freaking got us back into that game. 18 points from a big man? I'm not complaining but comparing him to Kent Myers is rediculous.
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post (total 3):
Real Life AggieJjoey52cdaAg



FL350Aggie
Posts: 186
Joined: January 19th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by FL350Aggie » December 5th, 2020, 9:42 pm

Thank you Winning Team my thoughts exactly.
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post:
Winning Team



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2316
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by bigblue » December 5th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Stupid to even suggest this. Not more needs to said.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post (total 2):
Winning TeamCrazyAg


Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

YouEssYou
Posts: 906
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 7:54 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by YouEssYou » December 5th, 2020, 9:47 pm

Winning Team wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:41 pm
bpd wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:38 pm
This a dumb topic. He had 18 and 8 against a 7'3 dude ( and didn't have a break the 2nd half) and you are criticizing him. There are much bigger problems....like Bean getting 6 points and averaging single digit points.
I totally agree. We are really criticizing our leading scorer? :headscratch: Yes he missed shots but he freaking got us back into that game. 18 points from a big man? I'm not complaining but comparing him to Kent Myers is rediculous.
Hey if you're good with 7-18 shooting from the floor and 4-9 from the line more power to you. I guess I just drank the kool-aid that Queta was going to be dominant this year and had higher expectations.



User avatar
BioAggie
Posts: 350
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by BioAggie » December 5th, 2020, 9:50 pm

He is averaging almost 15 points a game, better than both his last two years and you think he is getting worse? You are off your rocker, go get your depress meds refilled.
These users thanked the author BioAggie for the post:
CrazyAg



Winning Team
Posts: 170
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Q

Post by Winning Team » December 5th, 2020, 9:50 pm

YouEssYou wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:47 pm
Winning Team wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:41 pm
bpd wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:38 pm
This a dumb topic. He had 18 and 8 against a 7'3 dude ( and didn't have a break the 2nd half) and you are criticizing him. There are much bigger problems....like Bean getting 6 points and averaging single digit points.
I totally agree. We are really criticizing our leading scorer? :headscratch: Yes he missed shots but he freaking got us back into that game. 18 points from a big man? I'm not complaining but comparing him to Kent Myers is rediculous.
Hey if your good with 7-18 shooting from the floor and 4-9 from the line more power to you. I guess I just drank the kool-aid that Queta was going to be dominant this year and had higher expectations.
18 points in college are pretty dominant. Sam average 19.7 last year. Sam is obviously more efficient and so I understand the complaint about efficiency but Queta wasn't going against some scrub. He did it against a Purdue 7 foot, big man. I'm more frustrated with our offensive scheme that seemed to just force the ball to Queta the last 4 or 5 possesions. It obviously wasnt working and instead of letting Marco or Rollie take shots we beat a dead horse.



Dkdavis
Posts: 246
Joined: January 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by Dkdavis » December 5th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Queta definitely got tired. They were rotating fresh guys on him all night. I'm happy to see him putting in minutes like this. It means hopefully he will get more used to it down the stretch.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 9304
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 2425 times
Been thanked: 763 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by USU78 » December 5th, 2020, 9:53 pm

Hack a Shaq remains a good strategy and will be employed by everybody we play until our Shaq learns to make free throws.

Difference in the game
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
Real Life Aggie


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
BioAggie
Posts: 350
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by BioAggie » December 5th, 2020, 9:54 pm

In every stat, he is playing better this year than either of the previous. Queta is going to be a beast, and when the rest of the team starts taking pressure off of him by making a few more shots, he will only get better.
These users thanked the author BioAggie for the post:
Real Life Aggie



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 614
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by SpectrumMagic » December 5th, 2020, 9:55 pm

bpd wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:38 pm
This a dumb topic. He had 18 and 8 against a 7'3 dude ( and didn't have a break the 2nd half) and you are criticizing him. There are much bigger problems....like Bean getting 6 points and averaging single digit points.
Yep ridiculous. Love tearing down good aggies. Harms is tall and long. Didn’t make as many shots as he or we would have liked. I am glad Neemi is on our side.

Tough loss. Get it together for conference season and tournament. We will get these guys hopefully next year and start our own little run. Rollie already doesn’t like them and he will get us over the top with his fire and not being intimidated
These users thanked the author SpectrumMagic for the post:
Real Life Aggie



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2461
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 268 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by JonnyCienPesos » December 5th, 2020, 9:58 pm

This is the worst post I’ve seen on this board in a loooong time. And that’s really saying something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieAggieiester


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

USUstudent13
Posts: 178
Joined: November 23rd, 2016, 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by USUstudent13 » December 5th, 2020, 10:05 pm

Is an apple an orange?



brian5562
Posts: 1450
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by brian5562 » December 5th, 2020, 10:08 pm

Fans are funny. Killing Queta for going 7 of 18 yet loving on Rollie who was 4 of 14. The ball should have gone through Anthony a bit more tonight



Aggie84025
Posts: 3114
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1056 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by Aggie84025 » December 5th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Queta is the least of our problems.

Bigger problems we have:
long scoring droughts.
awful 3 pt shooting
hero ball, we need to run more offensive sets
free throw shooting
lack of 1pure shooter who can be relied on to make a big basket.



hickaggie
Posts: 3289
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 268 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by hickaggie » December 5th, 2020, 10:14 pm

brian5562 wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 10:08 pm
Fans are funny. Killing Queta for going 7 of 18 yet loving on Rollie who was 4 of 14. The ball should have gone through Anthony a bit more tonight
It was the missed free throws by Queta, Anthony, and everyone else that doomed the Aggies as much as anything. It happens. Its not easy to score a high percentage in the post against a 7'3 guy. Queta played hard and smart on both ends. So did the whole team most of the 2nd half.

This might be the story of the season to some extent if we can't extend teams past the top of the key.



spud
Posts: 11
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by spud » December 5th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Did you guys forget this poster's name is usually pink?



ususports
Posts: 1653
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 493 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by ususports » December 5th, 2020, 10:21 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 10:12 pm
Queta is the least of our problems.

Bigger problems we have:
long scoring droughts.
awful 3 pt shooting
hero ball, we need to run more offensive sets
free throw shooting
lack of 1pure shooter who can be relied on to make a big basket.
As long as we are making a list, I would add that we have a coaching staff that doesn’t believe in calling a time out when we are going through a scoring drought and the other team is making a run.



Elkaggie
Posts: 4152
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by Elkaggie » December 5th, 2020, 10:26 pm

ususports wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 10:21 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 10:12 pm
Queta is the least of our problems.

Bigger problems we have:
long scoring droughts.
awful 3 pt shooting
hero ball, we need to run more offensive sets
free throw shooting
lack of 1pure shooter who can be relied on to make a big basket.
As long as we are making a list, I would add that we have a coaching staff that doesn’t believe in calling a time out when we are going through a scoring drought and the other team is making a run.
Or one that can draw up a good play out of a time out.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 15548
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 422 times
Been thanked: 834 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by brownjeans » December 5th, 2020, 11:05 pm

I think this is a terrible comparison - I'm also pretty tired of Kent Myers being kicked around negatively. He was the best we had for a while and it wasn't Kent's fault Matt kept him as the starter for longer than he should have. Kent served our team as well as he could, we shouldn't be beating him up for not being more than he was every chance we get. It's a disrespectful and unkind way to treat an Aggie who gave his all.



Aggie84025
Posts: 3114
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1056 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by Aggie84025 » December 5th, 2020, 11:07 pm

ususports wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 10:21 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 10:12 pm
Queta is the least of our problems.

Bigger problems we have:
long scoring droughts.
awful 3 pt shooting
hero ball, we need to run more offensive sets
free throw shooting
lack of 1pure shooter who can be relied on to make a big basket.
As long as we are making a list, I would add that we have a coaching staff that doesn’t believe in calling a time out when we are going through a scoring drought and the other team is making a run.
this drives me bonkers as well, call a timeout and stop the bleeding.



YouEssYou
Posts: 906
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 7:54 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by YouEssYou » December 6th, 2020, 8:18 am

BioAggie wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 9:54 pm
In every stat, he is playing better this year than either of the previous. Queta is going to be a beast, and when the rest of the team starts taking pressure off of him by making a few more shots, he will only get better.
Sorry, but he isn't playing better in every single stat. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... mias-queta The season is young still so hopefully he can average it out. His field goal % for the first 3 seasons is 61.4, 62.4 and 47.7 (this year). His FT% is also slightly down from last year. Look, I hope he gets it together and plays like a first round draft pick, I really do. Perhaps the bigger issue is that he has no supporting cast, ie Sam Merrill.



WannabeAgAlum
Posts: 120
Joined: November 15th, 2012, 6:48 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by WannabeAgAlum » December 6th, 2020, 8:34 am

Queta will be fine. Off night around the rim. Missed many shots he normally makes. You could tell he was also frustrated. Love his passion.



Aggie702
Posts: 28
Joined: November 5th, 2020, 5:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by Aggie702 » December 7th, 2020, 5:04 pm

He's a defensive/rebounding specialist with a limited offensive game, especially when he has to create for himself off the block. His game was a perfect compliment to Sam his freshman year, and while limited last year due to injury he was finishing strong and slowly building back to that role. Now Sam is gone and they are trying to run the offense through Queta and he's just not that guy.

The bulk of his shots/points should come off a drive and dish from a guard that sets him up, or an offensive rebound. Running the offense through him because he's our "main big" is predictable and easy to defend. He doesn't quite have the lateral quickness to be an offensive star so he gets a lot of balls knocked out of his hands easily, allows the defender to get reset in front of him and/or rushes shots and misses them. Maybe he can improve as the season goes on.



User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2400
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by WAAggie » December 7th, 2020, 6:21 pm

2 things I notice:

He does not seem nearly as fired up. Maybe just maturity, but no finger wagging, grandmother high fiving or having as much “FUN”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 2124
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1909 times
Been thanked: 756 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by Real Life Aggie » December 7th, 2020, 10:18 pm

WAAggie wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 6:21 pm
2 things I notice:

He does not seem nearly as fired up. Maybe just maturity, but no finger wagging, grandmother high fiving or having as much “FUN”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No crowds to feed off of. Queta loves the crowds and the attention, esp. in big moments. It's one of the reasons he's so fun.



User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2400
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by WAAggie » December 8th, 2020, 12:05 am

Good point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



slcagg
Posts: 6395
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1373 times
Been thanked: 1090 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by slcagg » December 8th, 2020, 8:26 am

Aggie702 wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 5:04 pm
He's a defensive/rebounding specialist with a limited offensive game, especially when he has to create for himself off the block. His game was a perfect compliment to Sam his freshman year, and while limited last year due to injury he was finishing strong and slowly building back to that role. Now Sam is gone and they are trying to run the offense through Queta and he's just not that guy.

The bulk of his shots/points should come off a drive and dish from a guard that sets him up, or an offensive rebound. Running the offense through him because he's our "main big" is predictable and easy to defend. He doesn't quite have the lateral quickness to be an offensive star so he gets a lot of balls knocked out of his hands easily, allows the defender to get reset in front of him and/or rushes shots and misses them. Maybe he can improve as the season goes on.
In my uneducated opinion we need a guard to step up and be the man offensively. We can def run set plays for queta but not have him be the focus offensively. Can Rollie be that guard?



Pacobag
Posts: 559
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 7:34 pm
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Is Queta Kent Myers?

Post by Pacobag » December 9th, 2020, 8:50 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed, but are we double teaming Queta's man in the post to help keep Queta out of foul trouble and on the court more? Unfortunately the tradeoff can be more open looks for our opponents.

Someone mentioned that Queta isn't wagging his finger after a block or showing as much emotion so maybe he's lost some swagger. I view it as maturing a bit and avoiding potential technical fouls. Swagger, a little smack talk, and emotion are great, but not when it leads to technicals and he did pick up some of those in the past 2 seasons.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic