A critical stretch

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SectionBAggie

A critical stretch

Post by SectionBAggie » November 27th, 2020, 9:31 pm

With 14:12 left, Green hit a shot to put UNI up by 8 - 55-47. This ended a 12-4 run that at this point in game 1 the wheels came off. Game two was similar although it never felt like USU was in that game in the second half.

The Aggie response shows some play-making details to watch for as the season progresses (in answer to the regular question - who will step up when we need a basket?)

Next possession - Bean assists to Worster for an and-1. Within 5.

After a series of messy basketball, Anthony hits a 3 assisted by Worster.

Worster steals the ball and makes a layup to tie the game.

The starting five all played well in their areas (love seeing a double double-double of 15 points and 10 boards.)

But in this critical stretch, Worster was in on all 8 points. The kid appears to be a gamer.
These users thanked the author SectionBAggie for the post (total 4):
slcaggNewUSUfancdaAgaggies22

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Re: A critical stretch

Post by AGinNEIowa » November 28th, 2020, 6:35 am

I swear there were a few times over the three games where I thought Worster looked like Merrill.
maybe I'm nuts

2020 PICK'EM GOOGLE Docs -
BOWLS (pick entry)

WEEK 15 (results)

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » November 28th, 2020, 3:38 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:I swear there were a few times over the three games where I thought Worster looked like Merrill.
maybe I'm nuts
I’ve had similar thoughts. Worster will be great. His game is different than Sams and isn’t the pure shooter Sam was but he has his own strengths. I think he will be able to create more of his own shots off the dribble and can break a guy down better than Sam could as I think his overall athleticism will be greater than Sams. He is shorter than Sam was and Sam did use that size very well both offensively and defensively. Worster is a freshmen though and he is already looking to be a critical piece to this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
AGinNEIowa

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 29th, 2020, 12:14 am

AGinNEIowa wrote:I swear there were a few times over the three games where I thought Worster looked like Merrill.
maybe I'm nuts
Your not the only one. Game one I was getting a Sam vibe. I'm sure he will have his own style of play and hopefully greatness but there are some similarities.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
AGinNEIowa

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » November 29th, 2020, 8:06 am

Some of my thoughts exactly. Attitude is the big one for me. Sam never seemed rattled, but was always calm, and always was making the tough shot or the right pass. No panic in him. I sense the same in Worster. When he has the ball he seems so in control. I don’t worry what he is going to do. It’s usually right. Those traits are the glue that keeps the team together. I am excited to see him grow and get even better.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 2):
AGinNEIowahipsterdoofus21

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 29th, 2020, 4:34 pm

bigblue wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 12:14 am
maybe I'm nuts
Your not the only one. Game one I was getting a Sam vibe. I'm sure he will have his own style of play and hopefully greatness but there are some similarities.

Does anyone feel like going back and finding the thread where I compared the high school career and output of Rollie's to Sam's?

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » November 29th, 2020, 4:48 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 4:34 pm
bigblue wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 12:14 am
maybe I'm nuts

Does anyone feel like going back and finding the thread where I compared the high school career and output of Rollie's to Sam's?
Somehow, I missed it.

GUS

Post by GUS » November 29th, 2020, 5:26 pm

Who posted the stats from Rollies first three games compared to Sam's and Jaycee's? Can't find it now, but thought it was very interesting.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » November 29th, 2020, 8:28 pm

GUS wrote:Who posted the stats from Rollies first three games compared to Sam's and Jaycee's? Can't find it now, but thought it was very interesting.
I didn’t see that. I did go back and look at Sams first year games. He didn’t really get going until at least halfway through the year when he started taking more shots per game and being more involved with the offense. Worster has already started to become part of the offense in a big way, which is good because conference play isn’t far away this pandemic season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic