Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1747
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 397 times

Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » November 25th, 2020, 12:57 pm

Well, the tourney kicked off, which is an accomplishment in itself. I'm really excited to watch this tournament, and not just our games. Wanted a place where we can post about what we are seeing from the other teams, teams that we could very well play at some point this week.

It's only half time of game 1 but so far Memphis looks formidable. Their length, athleticism, and extended defense is causing the Gaels major fits. Saint Mary's looks very out of sorts. Maybe they settle down and get it together but after watching the first half, the Gaels seem to be down from the last couple seasons. Third in the WCC at best. A matchup with Memphis would be a challenge for our inexperienced Aggie back court.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1360
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by scotlandog » November 25th, 2020, 1:56 pm

I noticed they showed the bracket and West Virginia is on our side of the bracket now. It was probably mentioned somewhere in the other thread but I missed it if it was. So if we win, likely we are playing them. Tough matchup but great opportunity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



bigblue32
Posts: 197
Joined: December 16th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by bigblue32 » November 25th, 2020, 1:57 pm

Cant believe the last Aggie win in either football or basketball was Sam's game winner. Feels unbelievably good for basketball to be back.
These users thanked the author bigblue32 for the post (total 2):
NewUSUfanBLUERUFiO



aggies95
Posts: 39
Joined: January 8th, 2020, 11:07 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by aggies95 » November 25th, 2020, 2:34 pm

For anyone interested, former Aggie Carson Bischoff is getting some run for UTA against Oklahoma State on ESPN.



slcagg
Posts: 7000
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 1260 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by slcagg » November 25th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Northern Iowa and western Kentucky are the best first round match up imo.



User avatar
usu99
Posts: 699
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:40 am
Location: Davis County
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by usu99 » November 25th, 2020, 3:48 pm

Bishoff doing great, 0-5 with an assist


For all of your IT needs visit http://www.sidelogic.com

SpectrumMagic
Posts: 689
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by SpectrumMagic » November 25th, 2020, 4:37 pm

Northern Iowa has made 20-38 3pt shots and look like they will lose



User avatar
BioAggie
Posts: 355
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by BioAggie » November 25th, 2020, 4:40 pm

Is it possible to get a video going too? For those who are too cheap to buy a “cable” subscription. Asking for a friend....



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1360
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by scotlandog » November 25th, 2020, 6:07 pm

Post players for SDSU are giving West Virginia trouble down low on both ends. If we play them, Queta should be very effective. At the same time, I don’t think SDSUs bigs will slow Queta down. They are undersized at 6’8”. Matchups looking ok right now. We’ll see what we can put on the floor. Memphis and W. Kentucky both are probably worse matchups for us. Should be interesting tournament.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG
Posts: 6428
Joined: January 10th, 2003, 12:00 am
Location: northeast Iowa
Has thanked: 414 times
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by AGinNEIowa » November 25th, 2020, 8:14 pm

did I hear the announcers say that they are not allowing fans at the games?
It doesn't look like anyone in the stands -
I was hoping to get over there on Friday


2020 PICK'EM GOOGLE Docs -
BOWLS (pick entry)

WEEK 15 (results)

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13255
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 837 times
Been thanked: 1105 times
Contact:

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by ProvoAggie » November 25th, 2020, 8:23 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 8:14 pm
did I hear the announcers say that they are not allowing fans at the games?
It doesn't look like anyone in the stands -
I was hoping to get over there on Friday
They announced last week that there would be no fans this week.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
AGinNEIowa



slcagg
Posts: 7000
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 1260 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by slcagg » November 26th, 2020, 12:02 pm

Memphis loses to western Kentucky. We really miss out helping our computer numbers by losing last night.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3752
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 1217 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by ineptimusprime » November 26th, 2020, 12:07 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 12:02 pm
Memphis loses to western Kentucky. We really miss out helping our computer numbers by losing last night.
Yup. Sucks. Still a chance to pick up decent wins against SDSU and the winner/loser of UNI and St. Mary’s, but we would have helped ourselves a ton winning last night.



slcagg
Posts: 7000
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 1260 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by slcagg » November 26th, 2020, 12:11 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 12:07 pm
slcagg wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 12:02 pm
Memphis loses to western Kentucky. We really miss out helping our computer numbers by losing last night.
Yup. Sucks. Still a chance to pick up decent wins against SDSU and the winner/loser of UNI and St. Mary’s, but we would have helped ourselves a ton winning last night.
Yup. We don’t have a ton of opportunities to build your resume as a g5 and we lost a golden opportunity by losing last night. Oh well. Like you say the consolation side still has good teams just not as good.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3752
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 1217 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by ineptimusprime » November 26th, 2020, 1:21 pm

VCU looking every bit the Ninth place A-10 team against WVU.

Damnit.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Real Life Aggie



Usu0505
Posts: 675
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by Usu0505 » November 26th, 2020, 2:36 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:VCU looking every bit the Ninth place A-10 team against WVU.

Damnit.
They are shooting 17 percent from 3. 3 for 17. Shot 41 percent against us and had 4 3s within the first 5 minutes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



slcagg
Posts: 7000
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 1260 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by slcagg » November 27th, 2020, 9:32 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 2:36 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:VCU looking every bit the Ninth place A-10 team against WVU.

Damnit.
They are shooting 17 percent from 3. 3 for 17. Shot 41 percent against us and had 4 3s within the first 5 minutes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 9th place a10 team is going to beat Memphis by about 10+. Really wish we had that game back.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3752
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 1217 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by ineptimusprime » November 27th, 2020, 10:00 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:32 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 2:36 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:VCU looking every bit the Ninth place A-10 team against WVU.

Damnit.
They are shooting 17 percent from 3. 3 for 17. Shot 41 percent against us and had 4 3s within the first 5 minutes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 9th place a10 team is going to beat Memphis by about 10+. Really wish we had that game back.
Yeah, good for them. I hope they end up being good!



slcagg
Posts: 7000
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 1260 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by slcagg » December 4th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Since the tournament South Dakota state has won at Bradley and Iowa state. Bradley’s only loss is a 1 pt loss at Xavier.



Yossarian
Posts: 4940
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 920 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by Yossarian » December 4th, 2020, 11:23 pm

slcagg wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Since the tournament South Dakota state has won at Bradley and Iowa state. Bradley’s only loss is a 1 pt loss at Xavier.
They've probably spent time practicing basketball and not cute choreographed dance routines



slcagg
Posts: 7000
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 1260 times

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by slcagg » December 5th, 2020, 5:09 am

Yossarian wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 11:23 pm
slcagg wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Since the tournament South Dakota state has won at Bradley and Iowa state. Bradley’s only loss is a 1 pt loss at Xavier.
They've probably spent time practicing basketball and not cute choreographed dance routines
Haha. Being in South Dakota they probably have been practicing the square dance on wednesdays.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 6099
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 452 times
Contact:

Re: Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Games Thread

Post by TheAKAggie » December 5th, 2020, 6:42 am

Yossarian wrote:
slcagg wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Since the tournament South Dakota state has won at Bradley and Iowa state. Bradley’s only loss is a 1 pt loss at Xavier.
They've probably spent time practicing basketball and not cute choreographed dance routines
Exactly. Why did coach Pete insist they so this IN THE MIDDLE OF PRACTICE when there are already constraints on face to face time. Coach Smith would never have allowed this!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic