Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BobWilson
Posts: 884
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by BobWilson » November 23rd, 2020, 1:49 pm

First-hand knowledge, speculation, wild guess? All are welcome!



brossp24
Posts: 8
Joined: August 8th, 2019, 11:27 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by brossp24 » November 23rd, 2020, 1:55 pm

I’d speculate Queta, Bean, Anderson, Miller, and Anthony, based on Smith’s tendency to favor experience and familiarity to start out with. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that change as the season progresses as it has his first couple years.
These users thanked the author brossp24 for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
Aggie in Boise
Posts: 1014
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 23rd, 2020, 2:52 pm

brossp24 wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 1:55 pm
I’d speculate Queta, Bean, Anderson, Miller, and Anthony, based on Smith’s tendency to favor experience and familiarity to start out with. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that change as the season progresses as it has his first couple years.
I agree 100%


"The media is not your friend.” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo

"We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10710
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6642 times
Been thanked: 4092 times
Contact:

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by aggies22 » November 23rd, 2020, 2:53 pm

Queta, Bean, Miller, Bairstow, and Anthony.

Anderson and Worster are the first two off the bench.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 6):
slcaggbrossp24Real Life AggieAggie in BoiseAggieFBObsessionsockpuppet



usufan1
Posts: 579
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 295 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by usufan1 » November 23rd, 2020, 3:08 pm

aggies22 wrote:Queta, Bean, Miller, Bairstow, and Anthony.

Anderson and Worster are the first two off the bench.
@aggies22 - do you think this is the year that we see Brock's shooting ability during practice occur during the games?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk




aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10710
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6642 times
Been thanked: 4092 times
Contact:

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by aggies22 » November 23rd, 2020, 3:19 pm

usufan1 wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:08 pm
aggies22 wrote:Queta, Bean, Miller, Bairstow, and Anthony.

Anderson and Worster are the first two off the bench.
@aggies22 - do you think this is the year that we see Brock's shooting ability during practice occur during the games?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I'm always hopeful that what happens in practice translates to the court. That better happen now more than ever because we have some SERIOUS talent behind him waiting to take minutes.



usufan1
Posts: 579
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 295 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by usufan1 » November 23rd, 2020, 3:40 pm

aggies22 wrote:
usufan1 wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:08 pm
aggies22 wrote:Queta, Bean, Miller, Bairstow, and Anthony.

Anderson and Worster are the first two off the bench.
@aggies22 - do you think this is the year that we see Brock's shooting ability during practice occur during the games?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I'm always hopeful that what happens in practice translates to the court. That better happen now more than ever because we have some SERIOUS talent behind him waiting to take minutes.
This is great to hear! Being a life-long Aggie fan I feel conditioned to take everything with a grain of salt when people say how talented we are. However it's getting difficult to not be excited about this season!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post:
aggies22



slcagg
Posts: 6395
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1373 times
Been thanked: 1090 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by slcagg » November 23rd, 2020, 3:42 pm

In Craig’s Presser today he only mentioned bean and queta right now. Did not commit to anyone else.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
BLUERUFiO



AgSpaceCase
Posts: 625
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:45 am
Location: West Point, Utah
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by AgSpaceCase » November 23rd, 2020, 3:48 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:19 pm
usufan1 wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:08 pm
aggies22 wrote:Queta, Bean, Miller, Bairstow, and Anthony.

Anderson and Worster are the first two off the bench.
@aggies22 - do you think this is the year that we see Brock's shooting ability during practice occur during the games?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I'm always hopeful that what happens in practice translates to the court. That better happen now more than ever because we have some SERIOUS talent behind him waiting to take minutes.
I would think that Brock is the only main reason we brought in Riley Jensen as quasi sports psychologist/mental guru. To me it seems like Brock lets the pressure get to him. He plays better when not starting or in non-consequential games, and apparently in practice. I'm thinking the lack of fans might be really helpful to him to cut the pressure at the beginning of the season.
These users thanked the author AgSpaceCase for the post:
BustaMcNutt


"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1617
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 346 times

Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » November 23rd, 2020, 4:00 pm

I predict Coach Smith will start his experienced players early in the season but get the whole bench some minutes until he knows what he’s got, then will adjust and prioritize minutes from there. I also think Coach Smith thinks having a solid 6th man is more important than a solid 5th man. Thus he’ll start like this for the first few games at least.

Anthony
Bairstow
Miller
Bean
Queta

Then: Fonz, Liam (or is he out?), Rollie, Dorius, Ashworth, Zapala, Shulga, Zahar, Kuba

I could easily see either of the freshman wing imports shoot (literally) their way up the depth chart as the season progresses.



IBleedAggieBlue
Posts: 155
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 8:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by IBleedAggieBlue » November 23rd, 2020, 5:37 pm

Posted this in the "Impact Player" topic thread. Here are my starters/rotation guys.

G Worster
G Anthony
F Bean
F McChesney
C Queta

Rotation
G Bairstow
G Vedischev
G Miller
F Anderson
C Dorius

Can't wait for the starting roster to come out......GO AGGIES!!



User avatar
Aggie in Boise
Posts: 1014
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm

IBleedAggieBlue wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:37 pm
Posted this in the "Impact Player" topic thread. Here are my starters/rotation guys.

G Worster
G Anthony
F Bean
F McChesney
C Queta

Rotation
G Bairstow
G Vedischev
G Miller
F Anderson
C Dorius

Can't wait for the starting roster to come out......GO AGGIES!!
What about Kuba?


"The media is not your friend.” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo

"We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden

User avatar
Aggie in Boise
Posts: 1014
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 23rd, 2020, 6:11 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 2:53 pm
Queta, Bean, Miller, Bairstow, and Anthony.

Anderson and Worster are the first two off the bench.
Miller and Bairstow over Anderson? Does this mean Bairstow and Miller have significantly improved?


"The media is not your friend.” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo

"We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden

stang
Posts: 737
Joined: January 25th, 2018, 5:08 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by stang » November 23rd, 2020, 6:27 pm

AgSpaceCase wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:48 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:19 pm
usufan1 wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:08 pm
aggies22 wrote:Queta, Bean, Miller, Bairstow, and Anthony.

Anderson and Worster are the first two off the bench.
@aggies22 - do you think this is the year that we see Brock's shooting ability during practice occur during the games?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I'm always hopeful that what happens in practice translates to the court. That better happen now more than ever because we have some SERIOUS talent behind him waiting to take minutes.
I would think that Brock is the only main reason we brought in Riley Jensen as quasi sports psychologist/mental guru. To me it seems like Brock lets the pressure get to him. He plays better when not starting or in non-consequential games, and apparently in practice. I'm thinking the lack of fans might be really helpful to him to cut the pressure at the beginning of the season.
We've had sports psychologists on staff for many years. Riley was simply replacing another sports psychologist who left. Don't read too much into it.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
Real Life Aggie



Yossarian
Posts: 4559
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 797 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by Yossarian » November 23rd, 2020, 6:31 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm
IBleedAggieBlue wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:37 pm
Posted this in the "Impact Player" topic thread. Here are my starters/rotation guys.

G Worster
G Anthony
F Bean
F McChesney
C Queta

Rotation
G Bairstow
G Vedischev
G Miller
F Anderson
C Dorius

Can't wait for the starting roster to come out......GO AGGIES!!
What about Kuba?
And Shulga?



Pacobag
Posts: 559
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 7:34 pm
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by Pacobag » November 23rd, 2020, 6:44 pm

Yossarian wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 6:31 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm
IBleedAggieBlue wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:37 pm
Posted this in the "Impact Player" topic thread. Here are my starters/rotation guys.

G Worster
G Anthony
F Bean
F McChesney
C Queta

Rotation
G Bairstow
G Vedischev
G Miller
F Anderson
C Dorius

Can't wait for the starting roster to come out......GO AGGIES!!
What about Kuba?
And Shulga?
And Ashworth?



Yossarian
Posts: 4559
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 797 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by Yossarian » November 23rd, 2020, 6:52 pm

Pacobag wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 6:44 pm
Yossarian wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 6:31 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm
IBleedAggieBlue wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:37 pm
Posted this in the "Impact Player" topic thread. Here are my starters/rotation guys.

G Worster
G Anthony
F Bean
F McChesney
C Queta

Rotation
G Bairstow
G Vedischev
G Miller
F Anderson
C Dorius

Can't wait for the starting roster to come out......GO AGGIES!!
What about Kuba?
And Shulga?
And Ashworth?
And Zapala?

Dang, this team is deep.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
Real Life Aggie



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17757
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 914 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by NVAggie » November 24th, 2020, 7:52 am

OH no, whenever we talk about having a very deep team we end up not being very good.



Aggie19
Posts: 916
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 636 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by Aggie19 » November 24th, 2020, 8:18 am

Deep on paper. Not trying to bring anyone's excitement down, I'm bouncing of the walls, but realistically, we really don't know what this team will be. There is a huge hole to fill with Sam gone. The role players from last year, we'll be replaced, but Sam's production and leadership, might be tougher. I have confidence in Coach Smith that he'll have them going in the right direction, just might take awhile for us to gel. A lot of unknown commodities at this point. Stoked to find out.


Go Aggies!

User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 1987
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 230 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by AggiesForever » November 25th, 2020, 6:29 am

Miller and Anderson will never be on the floor together, unless Bean is out, or some other thing. Miller is a wing/SF/3. Thats it. He is not a 2/SG, never will be.



OrangeCountyAggie
Posts: 516
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » November 25th, 2020, 11:51 am

AggiesForever wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 6:29 am
Miller and Anderson will never be on the floor together, unless Bean is out, or some other thing. Miller is a wing/SF/3. Thats it. He is not a 2/SG, never will be.
He doesn't play guard because he can't shoot, dribble, pass or defend all that well. Wait, why is he playing again? :headscratch:



NewUSUfan
Posts: 54
Joined: November 27th, 2019, 8:42 am
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by NewUSUfan » November 25th, 2020, 11:54 am

Game Day!! Here is my take on the 9 man rotation. I think with 3 games in a short amount of time to start the season plus with a bunch of unproven players, we will see lots of different guys throughout the week. I'm sure there will be ups and downs but man I'm excited!

C Neemias Queta
F Justin Bean
F Brock Miller
G Marco Anthony
G Rollie Worster
Alphonso Anderson
Sean Bairstow
Steven Ashworth/Trevin Dorius
These users thanked the author NewUSUfan for the post:
slcagg



aggiesdotcom
Posts: 1797
Joined: January 21st, 2011, 8:56 am
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by aggiesdotcom » November 25th, 2020, 5:34 pm

NVAggie wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 7:52 am
OH no, whenever we talk about having a very deep team we end up not being very good.
Does anyone know if these guys enjoy pancakes and waffles together on Saturday mornings?



Winning Team
Posts: 170
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Getting close to tip-off, who starts?

Post by Winning Team » November 25th, 2020, 7:38 pm

OFFICIAL STARTING LINEUP

Brock
Marco
Rollie
Justin
Quetta
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post:
aggies22



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic