Is this the year we .....

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AGGIEinIOWA

Is this the year we .....

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » July 31st, 2020, 11:09 pm

snap the 8 game losing streak to BYU? I don’t think I can stomach another loss to the Kitties. We lost some key players from last year (aka Sam the Man), but the Kittens are completely retooling. They have lots of incoming transfer talent but hard to say if they can put it all together. Probably helps that we play them early (Dec 5th) but we’ll have plenty to iron out ourselves. I think we have the size to neutralize Haarms and we get them at the Spectrum. Of course students will be gone by then and may have crowd restrictions. Thoughts on the matchup and our chances to reverse the streak?

slcagg

Re: Is this the year we .....

Post by slcagg » August 1st, 2020, 6:51 am

It’s possible. As much as I hate to say it but BYU did a good job in recruiting this spring. I expect them to be very good, not as good as last year but a very solid team. Top 50-75 would be my guess.

Btw my opinion is if we had a healthy queta in December we would have won that game. Dang injury bug.

It will be important for us and the benefit for our conference to win this and the st Mary’s game in December.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » August 1st, 2020, 7:49 am

I sure hope we do. They brought in a lot of talent, but i think we return more contributors from last year. It might be the difference as both teams are getting new players up to speed

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » August 1st, 2020, 2:41 pm

Hard to know at this point. If we play them last year in the Spectrum we win. They will have talent, but a complete new team. I have high hopes for Marco Anthony. I certainly hope we play with fans, but one good thing with playing with limited fans is Brock Miller's shot might be more on. It might be on more anyway with an offseason of work.

ususports

Post by ususports » August 1st, 2020, 3:58 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 2:41 pm
I certainly hope we play with fans, but one good thing with playing with limited fans is Brock Miller's shot might be more on. It might be on more anyway with an offseason of work.
Does anyone know what Brock’s focus has been on for the previous 20 offseasons if he wasn’t working on his shot?
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiAggieBlues

bullshot

Post by bullshot » August 1st, 2020, 4:12 pm

If his shot has not improved, then he should be 9th or 10th in the rotation. This is because I doubt his defense will improve. Sam M was not quick, but he was able to anticipate players direction and bulky enough to hold his ground. Brock is neither quick or strong. His best attribute is or should be shooting the rock. He could be a key asset to Aggie success this year.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » August 1st, 2020, 4:13 pm

ususports wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 3:58 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 2:41 pm
I certainly hope we play with fans, but one good thing with playing with limited fans is Brock Miller's shot might be more on. It might be on more anyway with an offseason of work.
Does anyone know what Brock’s focus has been on for the previous 20 offseasons if he wasn’t working on his shot?
Lol, I have heard for the last few years he is a great shooter in practice. I was as critical about him as anybody last year. I praised the coaching staff for having him take zero shots in the championship game against San Diego State. With that said, I want to believe, haha.

And I agree with bullshot if his shot has not improved, he needs to be out of the rotation.

Bigd23
Has thanked: 0

Post by Bigd23 » August 1st, 2020, 11:43 pm

I very much dislike watching Miller play and cringe every time he shoots. It does seem like he hits threes and scores against opponents with lower winning percentages and plays poorly against more solid opponents. I haven't had time to see if stats really back that up, but in watching games that certainly seemed to be the case.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » August 2nd, 2020, 12:47 pm

...hope for an uninterrupted season
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
USU78

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » August 2nd, 2020, 5:08 pm

brownjeans wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 12:47 pm
...hope for an uninterrupted season
Hopefully they have a plan in place. If that means limited fans or no fans, so be it, but they can't have another season with no March Madness again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic