New Spectrum Court?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
VegasBornAggie
Posts: 49
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 11 times

New Spectrum Court?

Post by VegasBornAggie » June 23rd, 2020, 9:27 pm

I saw Aggies Unlimited is auction doing some type of Golf Tournament thing and one of the prizes is a piece of the Spectrum court signed by some of the players. I'm guessing this means we're getting a new court for next season any ideas on what it will look like if they were to change it up a bit.



dogie
Posts: 3067
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by dogie » June 23rd, 2020, 11:53 pm

VegasBornAggie wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 9:27 pm
I saw Aggies Unlimited is auction doing some type of Golf Tournament thing and one of the prizes is a piece of the Spectrum court signed by some of the players. I'm guessing this means we're getting a new court for next season any ideas on what it will look like if they were to change it up a bit.
I hope that they bought the SJSU court when the Spartans replaced it recently. With that, and a little navy blue paint, we could have something really special.
These users thanked the author dogie for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



Yossarian
Posts: 3292
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 366 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by Yossarian » June 23rd, 2020, 11:56 pm

I hear they are converting the Spectrum into a makeshift field hospital for the COVID-19 patients.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
aggies22



dogie
Posts: 3067
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by dogie » June 24th, 2020, 12:00 am

dogie wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 11:53 pm
VegasBornAggie wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 9:27 pm
I saw Aggies Unlimited is auction doing some type of Golf Tournament thing and one of the prizes is a piece of the Spectrum court signed by some of the players. I'm guessing this means we're getting a new court for next season any ideas on what it will look like if they were to change it up a bit.
I hope that they bought the SJSU court when the Spartans replaced it recently. With that, and a little navy blue paint, we could have something really special.
I agree with the foregoing comment, that just adopting the SJSU look could put the Aggies on the map, but the five guys might be confused with stripling warriors. Maybe they should stick with something more traditional, like Pumbaa jumping through a large outline of the state of Utah.

I can’t believe it has been eight years since the floor was last replaced.




User avatar
tysteve20
Posts: 234
Joined: August 28th, 2014, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by tysteve20 » June 24th, 2020, 12:49 am

New court is basically the same.

Oversized U State in the middle
Blue lines
Utahstateaggies.com running on teams sideline
#aggiesalltheway on the court, replacing the bulls
Utah State wordmark on the baselines
These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post:
Intermeddler



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 1057
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1141 times
Been thanked: 470 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by Real Life Aggie » June 24th, 2020, 1:05 am

No Back-to-Back Champs emblazoned across the whole court?

I think the mods in charge of changing our banners and redesigning stuff on this site need to reach out and inspire them a bit, because they're clearly slacking. Just hand the reigns over to Provo, lol.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 5):
flying_scotsman2.0aggies22sstrasserslcaggFull



SasquatchAggie
Posts: 153
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by SasquatchAggie » June 24th, 2020, 8:52 am

Seems like the football stadium needs new turf before the basketball court gets replaced.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12687
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 676 times
Contact:

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by ProvoAggie » June 24th, 2020, 9:50 am

The court was repainted this summer but not replaced. The piece of Spectrum court being given away is an older piece that they still have that is signed by several coaches but seems to be missing Kohn Smith and Tim Duryea. Here is the Facebook post:


The AD has sold a few of these and given them away in the past as well. I have one that my wife bought me for Christmas several years ago.

Image



User avatar
Aggiefan33
Posts: 2018
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by Aggiefan33 » June 24th, 2020, 9:50 am

Anyone confirm that the court is in fact going to be replaced? The floor they are giving away look very much like the old pieces they sold off years ago. I know that I have a section of the old court. When we hired Smith, I got him to sign it.

I'll look for an image of mine to post if anyone is interested.


The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8954
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 451 times
Been thanked: 298 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by ViAggie » June 24th, 2020, 9:54 am

Yossarian wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 11:56 pm
I hear they are converting the Spectrum into a makeshift field hospital for the COVID-19 patients.
You joke now


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 1057
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1141 times
Been thanked: 470 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by Real Life Aggie » June 24th, 2020, 10:17 am

SasquatchAggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 8:52 am
Seems like the football stadium needs new turf before the basketball court gets replaced.
Why replace the turf when we aren't even going to play on it this season? :devil:



VegasBornAggie
Posts: 49
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by VegasBornAggie » June 24th, 2020, 11:21 am

SasquatchAggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 8:52 am
Seems like the football stadium needs new turf before the basketball court gets replaced.
I will definitely agree with that. The turf in the Maverick Stadium was last replaced in 2012 if I’m correct and the life expectancy for Feild Turf which is what they use is right around 10-12 years. So it is up there in age.



VegasBornAggie
Posts: 49
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by VegasBornAggie » June 24th, 2020, 11:25 am

Honestly I wish we’d do something with our court like UNLV did or the MW Tournament Court. To make it unique.
Images having something like the outline of old main or the block A. Or a even a mountain range would look awesome.



Yossarian
Posts: 3292
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 366 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by Yossarian » June 24th, 2020, 11:33 am

I liked the court we had. I thought it was clean and sharp-looking. The light wood contrasted with the Aggie blue lettering and and bull logos and the minimal paint/busy stuff looked very nice.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
sstrasser



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12687
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 676 times
Contact:

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by ProvoAggie » June 24th, 2020, 11:52 am

Yossarian wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:33 am
I liked the court we had. I thought it was clean and sharp-looking. The light wood contrasted with the Aggie blue lettering and and bull logos and the minimal paint/busy stuff looked very nice.
When they moved the 3 point line back it overlapped the A on AGGIES. The new design makes the U-State logo slightly smaller, removes the Bull logos and AGGIES and adds the web address and a hashtag to the bench areas.

Image
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 3):
AggiesForeverVegasBornAggiesstrasser



pilotaggie
Posts: 595
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by pilotaggie » June 24th, 2020, 11:54 am

VegasBornAggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:25 am
Honestly I wish we’d do something with our court like UNLV did or the MW Tournament Court. To make it unique.
Images having something like the outline of old main or the block A. Or a even a mountain range would look awesome.
The MW court is way too busy. I wouldn't mind an update but don't go crazy.
These users thanked the author pilotaggie for the post:
sstrasser


This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

User avatar
dhilk3785
Posts: 1100
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 5:14 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by dhilk3785 » June 24th, 2020, 5:01 pm

VegasBornAggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:25 am
Honestly I wish we’d do something with our court like UNLV did or the MW Tournament Court. To make it unique.
Images having something like the outline of old main or the block A. Or a even a mountain range would look awesome.
I like that our court is clean and kinda fits in with big time programs. Not trying to grab attention for the court, but for the game we play.

That said, I like the MWC Tourney, Oregon's, and Long Beach State's courts a lot. I too think we could do something simple with Old Main and/or the mountains in the background.


"I'd rather be wrong and cringe than right and regret not speaking up." - Jon Lovett

oleblu111
Posts: 1560
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 628 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by oleblu111 » June 24th, 2020, 6:40 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:54 am
VegasBornAggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:25 am
Honestly I wish we’d do something with our court like UNLV did or the MW Tournament Court. To make it unique.
Images having something like the outline of old main or the block A. Or a even a mountain range would look awesome.
The MW court is way too busy. I wouldn't mind an update but don't go crazy.
How about a update on the ugly seats which have been there since the early seventies. That arena is butt ugly .



stewusu98
Posts: 1412
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:42 am
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by stewusu98 » June 24th, 2020, 7:02 pm

How about name it after stew.
These users thanked the author stewusu98 for the post (total 2):
VegasBornAggieProvoAggie



User avatar
sstrasser
Posts: 102
Joined: January 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm
Location: West Jordan, UT
Has thanked: 437 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by sstrasser » June 25th, 2020, 8:11 am

stewusu98 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 7:02 pm
How about name it after stew.
the stew morrill court had a great sound to it.



AgMan21
Posts: 1385
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by AgMan21 » June 26th, 2020, 9:27 am

oleblu111 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 6:40 pm
pilotaggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:54 am
VegasBornAggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:25 am
Honestly I wish we’d do something with our court like UNLV did or the MW Tournament Court. To make it unique.
Images having something like the outline of old main or the block A. Or a even a mountain range would look awesome.
The MW court is way too busy. I wouldn't mind an update but don't go crazy.
How about a update on the ugly seats which have been there since the early seventies. That arena is butt ugly .
Image
These users thanked the author AgMan21 for the post (total 5):
Real Life Aggiecrazywookieaggieguy13VegasBornAggieAggiesForever



VegasBornAggie
Posts: 49
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by VegasBornAggie » June 26th, 2020, 1:54 pm

sstrasser wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 8:11 am
stewusu98 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 7:02 pm
How about name it after stew.
the stew morrill court had a great sound to it.
Only a matter of time before they do that in my opinion.



bpd
Posts: 1075
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by bpd » June 26th, 2020, 2:13 pm

1. If you are going to redo the court, do something different. Don't do the same thing. I also don't like taking the bulls off.
2. Scott Barnes should have renamed it after Stew the night Stew retired.



oleblu111
Posts: 1560
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 628 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by oleblu111 » June 26th, 2020, 2:26 pm

AgMan21 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 9:27 am
oleblu111 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 6:40 pm
pilotaggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:54 am
VegasBornAggie wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:25 am
Honestly I wish we’d do something with our court like UNLV did or the MW Tournament Court. To make it unique.
Images having something like the outline of old main or the block A. Or a even a mountain range would look awesome.
The MW court is way too busy. I wouldn't mind an update but don't go crazy.
How about a update on the ugly seats which have been there since the early seventies. That arena is butt ugly .
Image
So sorry some get tired of my opinion of the autumn vomit arena, but I also get tired of the what color of lipstick should we put on the pig.



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 1057
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1141 times
Been thanked: 470 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by Real Life Aggie » June 26th, 2020, 2:56 pm

They're probably waiting to rename the next stadium they build after Stew, so they aren't looking to rush it. Then there will be more fanfare because it will have been the first time they renamed something after Stew. Big ceremony, pomp and whatnot, commemoration of his success... It'll happen eventually.



User avatar
SweepDance
Posts: 400
Joined: February 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by SweepDance » July 2nd, 2020, 9:23 pm

I still thing the U-State logo is too big. Come fight me.



VegasBornAggie
Posts: 49
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by VegasBornAggie » July 3rd, 2020, 10:34 am

SweepDance wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 9:23 pm
I still thing the U-State logo is too big. Come fight me.
I completely agree with you on that one.
Also hot take I think the bull logo should be our center court logo.



AggieUprising50
Posts: 677
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: New Spectrum Court?

Post by AggieUprising50 » July 3rd, 2020, 11:14 am

VegasBornAggie wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 10:34 am
SweepDance wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 9:23 pm
I still thing the U-State logo is too big. Come fight me.
I completely agree with you on that one.
Also hot take I think the bull logo should be our center court logo.
I think we should use the U-State logo at the center but have a faded bull design in the wood
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post:
sstrasser



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic