New commit from Russia

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15742
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 564 times

New commit from Russia

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 21st, 2020, 3:52 pm

This was posted in the recruiting thread as well




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 3):
slcaggSLBReal Life Aggie



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15742
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 21st, 2020, 3:57 pm

Vedishchev was playing his first international tournament for a Russia team that finished fourth at the FIBA U18 European Championship 2018. The small forward had spent the last couple of years in the United States at the famed prep school Montverde Academy, practicing with the likes of RJ Barrett. Vedishchev, the son of Lokomotiv Kuban president Andrey Vedischev, went to the United States to learn English and get used to the athleticism of American basketball. He showed in Heraklion that the exposure had paid off, leading the Russian team in scoring with 16.5 points per game to go with 2.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists while shooting 40 percent from three-point range. Vedishchev stepped up his game in the final three games, scoring at least 22 points in all of them including a 24-point showing against the United States in the Quarter-Finals and then 22 points and 9 assists against Serbia in Classification 5-8 as the Russians ended up fifth in the tournament.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



slcagg
Posts: 4496
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 552 times
Been thanked: 573 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by slcagg » June 21st, 2020, 3:59 pm

16=15?



slcagg
Posts: 4496
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 552 times
Been thanked: 573 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by slcagg » June 21st, 2020, 4:02 pm




SlumJum
Posts: 9
Joined: March 15th, 2019, 10:34 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by SlumJum » June 21st, 2020, 4:06 pm

slcagg wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 3:59 pm
16=15?
That was my question too. What don't we know yet? Who is not coming back next year?



slcagg
Posts: 4496
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 552 times
Been thanked: 573 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by slcagg » June 21st, 2020, 4:08 pm

SlumJum wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 4:06 pm
slcagg wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 3:59 pm
16=15?
That was my question too. What don't we know yet? Who is not coming back next year?
Yeah not coming back or maybe just not coming? I guess we will find out if this is legit and how it all shakes out soon enough.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by aggies22 » June 21st, 2020, 4:10 pm

slcagg wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 4:08 pm
SlumJum wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 4:06 pm
slcagg wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 3:59 pm
16=15?
That was my question too. What don't we know yet? Who is not coming back next year?
Yeah not coming back or maybe just not coming? I guess we will find out if this is legit and how it all shakes out soon enough.
I'm working on it but to be honest I'm completely baffled by this one.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
slcaggReal Life Aggie



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by aggies22 » June 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm

I have confirmed that Zahkar has committed.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieSLB



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7611
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1391 times
Been thanked: 402 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by USU78 » June 21st, 2020, 6:44 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm
I have confirmed that Zahkar has committed.
PWO?


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

FeartheFro
Posts: 449
Joined: March 11th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by FeartheFro » June 21st, 2020, 6:47 pm

Don’t love the kids shot, but the end result is all that matters. The lower release point does increase his range if he is able to create space. In Smith I Trust.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by aggies22 » June 21st, 2020, 6:57 pm

USU78 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm
I have confirmed that Zahkar has committed.
PWO?
Nope. Scholarship guy.



slcagg
Posts: 4496
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 552 times
Been thanked: 573 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by slcagg » June 21st, 2020, 7:06 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:57 pm
USU78 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm
I have confirmed that Zahkar has committed.
PWO?
Nope. Scholarship guy.
Good work 22. Are we not taking one of the pwo then?



User avatar
t_creer54
Posts: 29
Joined: May 15th, 2019, 9:36 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Contact:

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by t_creer54 » June 21st, 2020, 7:22 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:57 pm
USU78 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm
I have confirmed that Zahkar has committed.
PWO?
Nope. Scholarship guy.
So, unless someone someone is leaving the team, we only have 1 scholarship to give for next years class, correct?


Imma keep it simple, Go Aggies.

dogie
Posts: 3067
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by dogie » June 21st, 2020, 8:17 pm

t_creer54 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 7:22 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:57 pm
USU78 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm
I have confirmed that Zahkar has committed.
PWO?
Nope. Scholarship guy.
So, unless someone someone is leaving the team, we only have 1 scholarship to give for next years class, correct?
For better or worse, there are always at least two players who leave early. I don’t know if there has been a season in the past 20 when that hasn’t happened.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2789
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 591 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by ineptimusprime » June 21st, 2020, 8:49 pm

Huh. Guess we’ll see how things go this season. We are going to have a really young backcourt. Really hope Bairstow can make a huge leap and that Marco Anthony is as advertised.



ususports
Posts: 1418
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 368 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by ususports » June 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm

I am more confused than all of you. So, we had one scholarship left that was said would go unused, and now we offer a kid a scholarship, and the numbers don't add up? What am I missing?



nswaggie
Posts: 426
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 5:36 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by nswaggie » June 21st, 2020, 9:02 pm

ususports wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
I am more confused than all of you. So, we had one scholarship left that was said would go unused, and now we offer a kid a scholarship, and the numbers don't add up? What am I missing?
I was confused too but I think the problem is the NCAA only allows 15 players on the roster. This signing means 16, so even though we are ok with 13 scholarship players we have one too many players total. Either we found a loophole or one of our players is not coming back or coming to begin with.



bpd
Posts: 1075
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by bpd » June 21st, 2020, 9:02 pm

This staff has been great, but the big failure the last two years has been no be able to land a grad transfer. We have a lot of euro freshmen next year.



ususports
Posts: 1418
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 368 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by ususports » June 21st, 2020, 9:08 pm

nswaggie wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:02 pm
ususports wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
I am more confused than all of you. So, we had one scholarship left that was said would go unused, and now we offer a kid a scholarship, and the numbers don't add up? What am I missing?
I was confused too but I think the problem is the NCAA only allows 15 players on the roster. This signing means 16, so even though we are ok with 13 scholarship players we have one too many players total. Either we found a loophole or one of our players is not coming back or coming to begin with.
Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.



dogie
Posts: 3067
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by dogie » June 21st, 2020, 9:15 pm

ususports wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
I am more confused than all of you. So, we had one scholarship left that was said would go unused, and now we offer a kid a scholarship, and the numbers don't add up? What am I missing?
With this signing, most of the Aggies’ scholarship players are foreign, from Canada, Australia, Poland (2), Ukraine, Portugal and now Russia.

I wonder how many other D-1 schools have that many international players.



slcagg
Posts: 4496
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 552 times
Been thanked: 573 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by slcagg » June 21st, 2020, 9:23 pm

dogie wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:15 pm
ususports wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
I am more confused than all of you. So, we had one scholarship left that was said would go unused, and now we offer a kid a scholarship, and the numbers don't add up? What am I missing?
With this signing, most of the Aggies’ scholarship players are foreign, from Canada, Australia, Poland (2), Ukraine, Portugal and now Russia.

I wonder how many other D-1 schools have that many international players.
Excellent point. Gonzaga has done very well the last few years recruiting Europe (probably decrease now as they are established as a elite program and will be able to pull top US players). St Mary’s and Australia. It seems more European players want to come over as it is a way to be noticed.

I quite like it as I think if you are successful it is a way to better compete with top programs.



dogie
Posts: 3067
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by dogie » June 21st, 2020, 9:27 pm

nswaggie wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:02 pm
ususports wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
I am more confused than all of you. So, we had one scholarship left that was said would go unused, and now we offer a kid a scholarship, and the numbers don't add up? What am I missing?
I was confused too but I think the problem is the NCAA only allows 15 players on the roster. This signing means 16, so even though we are ok with 13 scholarship players we have one too many players total. Either we found a loophole or one of our players is not coming back or coming to begin with.
Who are the three non-scholarship players?



SLB
Posts: 2786
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by SLB » June 21st, 2020, 9:31 pm

slcagg wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 3:59 pm
16=15?
My guess that it is Kuba



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by aggies22 » June 21st, 2020, 9:36 pm

slcagg wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 7:06 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:57 pm
USU78 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm
I have confirmed that Zahkar has committed.
PWO?
Nope. Scholarship guy.
Good work 22. Are we not taking one of the pwo then?
From what I understand, all three walk-ons are still able to participate next season.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by aggies22 » June 21st, 2020, 9:37 pm

dogie wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:27 pm
nswaggie wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:02 pm
ususports wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
I am more confused than all of you. So, we had one scholarship left that was said would go unused, and now we offer a kid a scholarship, and the numbers don't add up? What am I missing?
I was confused too but I think the problem is the NCAA only allows 15 players on the roster. This signing means 16, so even though we are ok with 13 scholarship players we have one too many players total. Either we found a loophole or one of our players is not coming back or coming to begin with.
Who are the three non-scholarship players?
Trevin Dorius, Matt Wickizer, and Karson Stastny.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by aggies22 » June 21st, 2020, 9:39 pm

t_creer54 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 7:22 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:57 pm
USU78 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm
I have confirmed that Zahkar has committed.
PWO?
Nope. Scholarship guy.
So, unless someone someone is leaving the team, we only have 1 scholarship to give for next years class, correct?
Correct.



edaw33
Posts: 16
Joined: December 31st, 2010, 9:08 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by edaw33 » June 21st, 2020, 9:43 pm

Where do I have this wrong?

1 - Karwowski
2 - Anderson
3 - Stall
4 - Anthony
5 - Queta
6 - Bean
7 - Miller
8 - Bairstow
9 - McChesney
10 - Ashworth
11 - Worster
12 - Vedishev
13 - Zapala
14 - Shulga
Walk-on - Dorius
Walk-on - Wickizer
Walk-on - Stastny

#toomanyplayers

You all say 16 but I have 17. Where am I off?



SLB
Posts: 2786
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by SLB » June 21st, 2020, 9:44 pm

edaw33 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:43 pm
Where do I have this wrong?

1 - Karwowski
2 - Anderson
4 - Anthony
5 - Queta
6 - Bean
7 - Miller
8 - Bairstow
9 - McChesney
10 - Ashworth
11 - Worster
12 - Vedishev
13 - Zapala
14 - Shulga
Walk-on - Dorius
Walk-on - Wickizer
Walk-on - Stastny

#toomanyplayers

You all say 16 but I have 17. Where am I off?



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2738
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by GUS » June 21st, 2020, 9:44 pm

Stall's scholarship doesn't count toward the total because he is unable to play anymore.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by aggies22 » June 21st, 2020, 9:57 pm

GUS wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:44 pm
Stall's scholarship doesn't count toward the total because he is unable to play anymore.
That is correct.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
hvaggie



slcagg
Posts: 4496
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 552 times
Been thanked: 573 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by slcagg » June 21st, 2020, 9:58 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:36 pm
slcagg wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 7:06 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:57 pm
USU78 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm
I have confirmed that Zahkar has committed.
PWO?
Nope. Scholarship guy.
Good work 22. Are we not taking one of the pwo then?
From what I understand, all three walk-ons are still able to participate next season.
Interesting. Thanks.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22



Nash
Posts: 2
Joined: December 31st, 2011, 12:20 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by Nash » June 21st, 2020, 10:11 pm

Made the front page of realgm. That's likely a first for USU.

https://basketball.realgm.com/



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by aggies22 » June 21st, 2020, 10:27 pm

nswaggie wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:02 pm
ususports wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
I am more confused than all of you. So, we had one scholarship left that was said would go unused, and now we offer a kid a scholarship, and the numbers don't add up? What am I missing?
I was confused too but I think the problem is the NCAA only allows 15 players on the roster. This signing means 16, so even though we are ok with 13 scholarship players we have one too many players total. Either we found a loophole or one of our players is not coming back or coming to begin with.
I too was under the impression that only 15 players could be carried on the roster. However, in taking a look at rosters from around the area, I've found that byu AND utah carried 17 dudes in 2019-20.
Last edited by aggies22 on June 21st, 2020, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5443
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by GameFAQSAggie » June 21st, 2020, 10:40 pm

There are a couple things I know about him.

His parents were very dejected in 1980! He would have a goal to give some other sets of basketball fans around the country the same feeling of dejection his parents felt in 1980!

Also, While Jaycee Carroll would know ALOT of people that were PISSED over a no-call in 2018, he would stand his ground trying to tell all those people that it was a good no-call! He will love playing with the Spectrum crowd, in front of the students who cheer, and particularly those that boo terrible calls or no-calls by the refs, even if some of those students, cause of their missions, were pissed off fans in 2018 that just as loudly booed the no-call in the penalty box.



nvspuds
Posts: 802
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: New commit from Russia

Post by nvspuds » June 21st, 2020, 10:56 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 10:27 pm
nswaggie wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 9:02 pm
ususports wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm
I am more confused than all of you. So, we had one scholarship left that was said would go unused, and now we offer a kid a scholarship, and the numbers don't add up? What am I missing?
I was confused too but I think the problem is the NCAA only allows 15 players on the roster. This signing means 16, so even though we are ok with 13 scholarship players we have one too many players total. Either we found a loophole or one of our players is not coming back or coming to begin with.
I too was under the impression that only 15 players could be carried on the roster. However, in taking a look at rosters from around the area, I've found that byu AND utah carried 17 dudes in 2019-20. Nevada currently has 16 on its 2020-21 roster.
Nevada has 15 on the roster. Harris is gone.

The Pack will have 11 scholarship guys on the active roster and one sit out transfer. 3 Walk Ons.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic