Stadium Journey Rankings

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
cdaAg

Stadium Journey Rankings

Post by cdaAg » May 2nd, 2020, 12:10 am

I haven't seen this posted yet, but it's nice to see us still high in the rankings. I believe their last one had us at #5 nationwide.

https://stadiumjourney.com/news/2020-st ... ym-ranking

rAggie

Re: Stadium Journey Rankings

Post by rAggie » May 2nd, 2020, 8:47 am

Unfortunately when the list has the Huntsman Center in the Top 10 you have to seriously question its credibility.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post:
thegreendalegelf

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » May 2nd, 2020, 11:44 am

rAggie wrote:Unfortunately when the list has the Huntsman Center in the Top 10 you have to seriously question its credibility.
LOL. Those were my thoughts exactly. That arena shouldn’t be ranked in the top 100 of any such list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post:
GUS

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » May 2nd, 2020, 2:20 pm

The funny thing is that the picture of the Huntsman Center shows an empty arena. I assume the writer has never been to a Ute basketball game because they really do not have a MUSS for basketball games unless they are playing BY.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » May 2nd, 2020, 2:43 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 11:44 am
rAggie wrote:Unfortunately when the list has the Huntsman Center in the Top 10 you have to seriously question its credibility.
LOL. Those were my thoughts exactly. That arena shouldn’t be ranked in the top 100 of any such list.

Maybe they were confusing Utah with their football stadium. Utah has a fantastic home field advantage for football, but their basketball is nothing to get excited or intimidated about.

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » May 2nd, 2020, 3:22 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 2:43 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 11:44 am

Maybe they were confusing Utah with their football stadium. Utah has a fantastic home field advantage for football, but their basketball is nothing to get excited or intimidated about.
Hasn't basketball attendance been so poor that they're now closing off like half of the seats? And that's what they call the 7th best in the country?

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » May 2nd, 2020, 3:26 pm

Hunstman Center before Allen Fieldhouse?! :lol: :lol:

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » May 2nd, 2020, 3:29 pm

These rankings are useless, if you are talking about atmosphere, then the Spectrum would rank quite high if one likes a loud student section, if you are ranking arena quality then the Spectrum is way down the list.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
SwaggieAggie

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » May 2nd, 2020, 8:39 pm

My apologies to everybody for starting this thread. What a disappointment this information has turned out to be for everyone. I forgot to check how many rct's the rankings had run through before posting it to the sports message board. I'd bet these jokers haven't even done a meta-analysis of previous rankings before they gave us any positive publicity. I despise it when random people give us props that aren't empirically validated. I'll try to remember this lesson before I tarnish the hallowed academic grounds of our beloved Aggie sports message board.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » May 2nd, 2020, 9:20 pm

cdaAg wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 8:39 pm
My apologies to everybody for starting this thread. What a disappointment this information has turned out to be for everyone. I forgot to check how many rct's the rankings had run through before posting it to the sports message board. I'd bet these jokers haven't even done a meta-analysis of previous rankings before they gave us any positive publicity. I despise it when random people give us props that aren't empirically validated. I'll try to remember this lesson before I tarnish the hallowed academic grounds of our beloved Aggie sports message board.
I’m glad the Aggies got some love here, and thanks for posting.

Any list that doesn’t have Allen Fieldhouse in the top 3 is suspect. Allen Fieldhouse is incredible.

I may be one of the few people qualified on the planet to say from significant experience with both venues that the Spectrum, on the good days, is right up there with Allen. But I gotta give the nod to Allen.

dogie

Post by dogie » May 2nd, 2020, 11:25 pm

Somehow this site actually claims to have a patent on their ranking methodology. Knowing something about patents myself, I would say there is no way that their methodology is patented. They probably don’t even know what that means.
These users thanked the author dogie for the post:
USU78

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 3rd, 2020, 8:22 am

cdaAg wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 8:39 pm
I appreciate you posting this and I think everybody likes seeing the Aggies on any list, but did you not post this on a message board for people to discuss it? You seem a little touchy about the well-deserved criticism for this article.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Behind the Bull

Post by Behind the Bull » May 5th, 2020, 12:51 am

There's no reason in my mind why USU shouldn't win this

Texasaggie1
Has thanked: 0

Post by Texasaggie1 » May 5th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Cameron Indoor stadium at #19?????? and I did notice Sam Diego State at #29 Ha Ha

Locked Previous topicNext topic