Nemi officially BACK!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ineptimusprime

Nemi officially BACK!

Post by ineptimusprime » April 26th, 2020, 6:11 pm

ineptimusprime

Re: Nemi officially BACK!

Post by ineptimusprime » April 26th, 2020, 6:13 pm

These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » April 26th, 2020, 6:17 pm

Smart decision and great news, hopefully there is a season.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 26th, 2020, 6:32 pm

This is very big news for Aggie basketball. He will have a complete off season to work out and get better playing with Bean/Anderson. If we can get a decent impact scoring guard to come in the Aggies have the potential to be a very good team next year.

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » April 26th, 2020, 6:37 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 6:32 pm
This is very big news for Aggie basketball. He will have a complete off season to work out and get better playing with Bean/Anderson. If we can get a decent impact scoring guard to come in the Aggies have the potential to be a very good team next year.
I agree 100%. Hopefully he stays healthy and is a complete beast the whole season. Can’t wait for next season! The Queta vs Haarms matchup will be one to look forward too, we already know Queta is so much better!! :cheers:

Turtle

Post by Turtle » April 26th, 2020, 6:43 pm

NEMI is a CHAMP. So happy to have him back for another year!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 26th, 2020, 6:48 pm

Lets hope we have a season, even Disneyland has said they are likely closed until 2021, I don't think we'll see a fall BB season, hopefully league play and tourney! Stay safe Aggie brethren.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » April 26th, 2020, 8:40 pm

ViAggie wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 6:48 pm
Lets hope we have a season, even Disneyland has said they are likely closed until 2021, I don't think we'll see a fall BB season, hopefully league play and tourney! Stay safe Aggie brethren.
What will be different in 2021!? I’m hoping major sports will soon realize like most the world, the Wuhan is here to stay and we will have to live with it. Our only hope is a vaccine obviously, but that is likely a ways out.
I guess we will know soon enough if students will be allowed back on campus for Fall class. If they come back I think it’s game on!

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 26th, 2020, 11:33 pm

ViAggie wrote:
If we hit phase 2, they can probably play without fans.

But in general I agree.

For example people thinking you can just lockdown baseball players away from their family are forgetting how many people would need to be locked down to accomplish that goal- hotel staff, bus drivers, media, grounds crew, 25 players per team, training staff/medical, coaching staff, umpires, people to disinfect locker rooms- that’s easily hitting 75-100 minimum per game all packed into Arizona.

“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 27th, 2020, 7:20 am

Cannot wait. Welcome back Nemi!

tysteve20

Nemi officially BACK!

Post by tysteve20 » April 27th, 2020, 10:45 am

FL350Aggie wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
What will be different in 2021!? I’m hoping major sports will soon realize like most the world, the Wuhan is here to stay and we will have to live with it. Our only hope is a vaccine obviously, but that is likely a ways out.
I guess we will know soon enough if students will be allowed back on campus for Fall class. If they come back I think it’s game on!
As of now us students, and a couple teachers I’ve spoken with have been told to prepare for fall semester to be totally online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 27th, 2020, 10:50 am

Awesome, but hope there is a season to come back to. I could see there being a shortened season that starts Spring semester. I doubt football happens as scheduled in the Fall, but I would love to be wrong.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » April 27th, 2020, 11:18 am

Well, Taiwan has begun playing baseball, just with cardboard cutouts of fans instead of actual fans. So, hopefully they'll get a good idea of how to proceed and we can continue games as normal, minus the fans.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/290 ... y-stadiums

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 27th, 2020, 11:39 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 11:18 am
Well, Taiwan has begun playing baseball, just with cardboard cutouts of fans instead of actual fans. So, hopefully they'll get a good idea of how to proceed and we can continue games as normal, minus the fans.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/290 ... y-stadiums
That's not normal - except at San Jose State.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieBustaMcNutt

SectionBAggie

Post by SectionBAggie » April 27th, 2020, 12:14 pm

tysteve20 wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 10:45 am
As of now us students, and a couple teachers I’ve spoken with have been told to prepare for fall semester to be totally online.
In the recent town hall online meeting, President Cockett stated that class size would determine which courses would be online. The expectation is that small classes would be held on campus as in the past (with some new health restrictions in place). Don't remember the number that was the tipping point, but the auditorium and stadium classes would be online due to class size.

What that means for a crowd of 10,000 people is TBD.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » April 27th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Nemi is an AGGIE LEGEND! He could be one of the most successful Aggies we have ever had if we have another good season and perhaps a 3-peat in the MW. Won a MW title in both his freshman and sophomore years, was 2x second team All MW west, was MW freshman of year, and was the MW defensive player of the year. And who knows about this year. I bet he could be 1st team all MW and be in contention for POY if he stays injury free!

We are lucky to have him! Glad Coach Smith saw something in him and took a chance on him!!!

usu99

Post by usu99 » April 27th, 2020, 12:47 pm

If this doesn't help us sign a guard nothing will!

For all of your IT needs visit http://www.sidelogic.com

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 27th, 2020, 1:31 pm

SectionBAggie wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 12:14 pm
tysteve20 wrote:
In the recent town hall online meeting, President Cockett stated that class size would determine which courses would be online. The expectation is that small classes would be held on campus as in the past (with some new health restrictions in place). Don't remember the number that was the tipping point, but the auditorium and stadium classes would be online due to class size.

What that means for a crowd of 10,000 people is TBD.
Yeah we might get a season, but without fans. That would be better than nothing I guess. I think we are a ways away from packing thousands of people tightly together.

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » April 27th, 2020, 2:01 pm

tysteve20 wrote:
FL350Aggie wrote:
ViAggie wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If students aren’t allowed on campus, we can kiss goodbye football and at least the start of basketball. I really hope that’s not the case.

Aggiewest

Post by Aggiewest » April 27th, 2020, 2:20 pm

Finding a vaccine is not a sure thing so at some point we just need to proceed as normal. Those with underlining conditions should be extra cautious and stay away from large events, but let the rest of society make the decision whether they want to risk going to sporting events. Nobody has been even close to modeling this virus. I agreed with the shut down based on the early projections, but they have been no where close to being accurate. It is time to start to get back to normalcy at least for those that don't have pre-conditions that make them more susceptible to the more severe symptoms. If the case rate of hospitalizations start rise they can again start to enact stricter social distancing controls.
These users thanked the author Aggiewest for the post (total 4):
Bank Shotslcaggaggies22sneed

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 27th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Aggiewest wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Finding a vaccine is not a sure thing so at some point we just need to proceed as normal. Those with underlining conditions should be extra cautious and stay away from large events, but let the rest of society make the decision whether they want to risk going to sporting events. Nobody has been even close to modeling this virus. I agreed with the shut down based on the early projections, but they have been no where close to being accurate. It is time to start to get back to normalcy at least for those that don't have pre-conditions that make them more susceptible to the more severe symptoms. If the case rate of hospitalizations start rise they can again start to enact stricter social distancing controls.
Unfortunately what we should do and what the ncaa will do are two completely different things. I'd be surprised if the NCAA goes ahead with football in the Fall. If they aren't going to go with classes as normal meaning online classes only or even limited size classes that means they aren't going to fill stadiums with people.

bpd

Post by bpd » April 27th, 2020, 3:40 pm

Depending on the transfer we get, this could be a very exciting Utah State team.

As far as the season, they should move the start of the season to January and have May Madness, which they should have done several years ago. I would imagine this is being discussed.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 27th, 2020, 3:45 pm

bpd wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 3:40 pm
Depending on the transfer we get, this could be a very exciting Utah State team.

As far as the season, they should move the start of the season to January and have May Madness, which they should have done several years ago. I would imagine this is being discussed.
Isn't the height of the flu/bat virus season typically in Jan-Feb time?

Maybe they can have conference tournaments 3-on-3 style outside on an elementary school blacktop playground in one day in April or May. Similar for the NCAA tournament.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 27th, 2020, 5:50 pm

20 and 10 this year?
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
aggies22

tinplater

Post by tinplater » April 27th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Aggiewest wrote:
One of the possibilities is that our actions changed the outcome. When "the rest of society" makes a decision to go to an event they are potentially impacting the lives of countless others who stayed away. (take spring break Florida as an example). I predict, that for a long time, we will be wearing masks in public, distancing ourselves, and seeing venues changing to distancing their patrons at public venues.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 27th, 2020, 10:09 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 5:50 pm
20 and 10 this year?
I can get onboard with that.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
sstrasserOrangeCountyAggie

Stucki

Post by Stucki » April 27th, 2020, 10:43 pm

Aggiewest wrote:
The problem with that thought is how quickly it could spread with just one or two in the crowd with the virus. Champion's League and Serie A matches with a few infected people as part of the massive crowds is why it ripped through Italy so fast.

I want the games to be back too, but......
These users thanked the author Stucki for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Hail the Utah Aggies!

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 29th, 2020, 4:02 pm

Scotty G's interview with Neemi....a good watch and great questions by Scott.

These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 4):
SLBslcaggReal Life Aggieaggies22

Behind the Bull

Post by Behind the Bull » May 5th, 2020, 12:53 am

The fact that Neemias is coming back is awesome!

Locked Previous topicNext topic