Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 22nd, 2020, 10:28 pm

6'7" versatile forward, but is listed as a guard on ESPN. Shot 39% from three last year. In 27 min per game averaged 10 pts and 5 rbs. Legacy player from an awesome family. Paging TFBruin?



SLB
Posts: 3536
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by SLB » March 22nd, 2020, 10:34 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:28 pm
6'7" versatile forward, but is listed as a guard on ESPN. Shot 39% from three last year. In 27 min per game averaged 10 pts and 5 rbs. Legacy player from an awesome family. Paging TFBruin?
I honestly feel that we should go get two grad transfers. I feel this would be a decent add to the wing spot.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 22nd, 2020, 10:37 pm

SLB wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:34 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:28 pm
6'7" versatile forward, but is listed as a guard on ESPN. Shot 39% from three last year. In 27 min per game averaged 10 pts and 5 rbs. Legacy player from an awesome family. Paging TFBruin?
I honestly feel that we should go get two grad transfers. I feel this would be a decent add to the wing spot.
I'd prefer him over Miller.



SLB
Posts: 3536
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by SLB » March 22nd, 2020, 10:39 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:37 pm
SLB wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:34 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:28 pm
6'7" versatile forward, but is listed as a guard on ESPN. Shot 39% from three last year. In 27 min per game averaged 10 pts and 5 rbs. Legacy player from an awesome family. Paging TFBruin?
I honestly feel that we should go get two grad transfers. I feel this would be a decent add to the wing spot.
I'd prefer him over Miller.
I second this in the basketball sense, and I think we have a really good chance of getting Jardine.
Speaking of transfers, look at the pictures
https://gouvu.com/sports/mens-basketbal ... rdine/6722
Flavors Jr. is in one of them.



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 1261
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1221 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 22nd, 2020, 10:45 pm

You had me at "Jardine".
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21BLUERUFiO



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 1261
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1221 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 22nd, 2020, 10:45 pm

Could Brock give him #22? I'd love to see another Jardine in 22 running down the court, demolishing any in his path.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9703
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4990 times
Been thanked: 2978 times
Contact:

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by aggies22 » March 22nd, 2020, 10:52 pm

Respectfully speaking of course, I think some of you are being blinded by the last name. We should be aiming for better pieces to the puzzle.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Jjoey52



SLB
Posts: 3536
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by SLB » March 22nd, 2020, 11:02 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:52 pm
Respectfully speaking of course, I think some of you are being blinded by the last name. We should be aiming for better pieces to the puzzle.
He has earned a spot of folks to consider, and Jardine could improve under Smith.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 609 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by ineptimusprime » March 22nd, 2020, 11:04 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:52 pm
Respectfully speaking of course, I think some of you are being blinded by the last name. We should be aiming for better pieces to the puzzle.
A proven D1 player that shoots nearly 40% from three? I think we could use a few of those.



SLB
Posts: 3536
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by SLB » March 22nd, 2020, 11:06 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 11:04 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:52 pm
Respectfully speaking of course, I think some of you are being blinded by the last name. We should be aiming for better pieces to the puzzle.
A proven D1 player that shoots nearly 40% from three? I think we could use a few of those.
Jardine's stats are basically a better vision of Miller.



slcagg
Posts: 4984
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 762 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by slcagg » March 23rd, 2020, 5:48 am

SLB wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 11:06 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 11:04 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:52 pm
Respectfully speaking of course, I think some of you are being blinded by the last name. We should be aiming for better pieces to the puzzle.
A proven D1 player that shoots nearly 40% from three? I think we could use a few of those.
Jardine's stats are basically a better vision of Miller.
True. But it’s not like we can make a trade. To 22’s point I feel there are probably other players we are targeting that may be a higher priority. I think we are really looking for a bucket getter, maybe Jardine with Marco could help be that (I’ve not seen him play). But maybe you could play him, bairstow, and Marco as the starting 3? With miller, and the two freshman guards as the backups?

Why didn’t he receive much time at Boise? Btw I wonder if pope will also make room for him. BYU needs wing help for next year. I think he would be a better aggie.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Roy McAvoy



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 1261
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1221 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 23rd, 2020, 7:54 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:52 pm
Respectfully speaking of course, I think some of you are being blinded by the last name. We should be aiming for better pieces to the puzzle.
Don't dash my dreams like that.

Though, I can always hope for Brady's son to make it up here. I'll only need to wait just under two decades for that.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5412
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 386 times
Been thanked: 669 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am

While I agree that Casdon would be a nice addition to the team, I agree with the point that for the limited 1-2 spots we have left we are aiming higher. And we also definitely need some ball handling/speed.

With regards to Miller vs. Jardine, they're totally different players. I think Miller is quicker laterally and faster than Jardine.

Lastly, I hope Jardine has some regret he didn't pick USU the 1st time around.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 8738
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 505 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 23rd, 2020, 8:45 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am
While I agree that Casdon would be a nice addition to the team, I agree with the point that for the limited 1-2 spots we have left we are aiming higher. And we also definitely need some ball handling/speed.

With regards to Miller vs. Jardine, they're totally different players. I think Miller is quicker laterally and faster than Jardine.

Lastly, I hope Jardine has some regret he didn't pick USU the 1st time around.
Remember who the USU coach was at the time, I'm sure that factored in his choice.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by dyedblue » March 23rd, 2020, 8:55 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:While I agree that Casdon would be a nice addition to the team, I agree with the point that for the limited 1-2 spots we have left we are aiming higher. And we also definitely need some ball handling/speed.

With regards to Miller vs. Jardine, they're totally different players. I think Miller is quicker laterally and faster than Jardine.

Lastly, I hope Jardine has some regret he didn't pick USU the 1st time around.
I haven’t ever watched Jardine play, but if he is slower laterally than Miller he’s the slowest guy in D1 ball. Miller constantly got beat side to side by anyone he was supposed to cover.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
2004AG


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6406
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by 2004AG » March 23rd, 2020, 9:02 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:45 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am
While I agree that Casdon would be a nice addition to the team, I agree with the point that for the limited 1-2 spots we have left we are aiming higher. And we also definitely need some ball handling/speed.

With regards to Miller vs. Jardine, they're totally different players. I think Miller is quicker laterally and faster than Jardine.

Lastly, I hope Jardine has some regret he didn't pick USU the 1st time around.
Remember who the USU coach was at the time, I'm sure that factored in his choice.
Duryea didn't really recruit him. Boise did. He went where he was wanted.
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
aggies22FloridaAggie13



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9703
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4990 times
Been thanked: 2978 times
Contact:

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by aggies22 » March 23rd, 2020, 9:40 am

2004AG wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 9:02 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:45 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am
While I agree that Casdon would be a nice addition to the team, I agree with the point that for the limited 1-2 spots we have left we are aiming higher. And we also definitely need some ball handling/speed.

With regards to Miller vs. Jardine, they're totally different players. I think Miller is quicker laterally and faster than Jardine.

Lastly, I hope Jardine has some regret he didn't pick USU the 1st time around.
Remember who the USU coach was at the time, I'm sure that factored in his choice.
Duryea didn't really recruit him. Boise did. He went where he was wanted.
That's how I remember it going down as well.



SLB
Posts: 3536
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by SLB » March 23rd, 2020, 10:19 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 9:40 am
2004AG wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 9:02 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:45 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am
While I agree that Casdon would be a nice addition to the team, I agree with the point that for the limited 1-2 spots we have left we are aiming higher. And we also definitely need some ball handling/speed.

With regards to Miller vs. Jardine, they're totally different players. I think Miller is quicker laterally and faster than Jardine.

Lastly, I hope Jardine has some regret he didn't pick USU the 1st time around.
Remember who the USU coach was at the time, I'm sure that factored in his choice.
Duryea didn't really recruit him. Boise did. He went where he was wanted.
That's how I remember it going down as well.
Something else is that he left Boise about the time Duryea joined Boise.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post (total 2):
aggies22hipsterdoofus21



gomretat
Posts: 611
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by gomretat » March 23rd, 2020, 12:48 pm

A lot of the UVU players were not happy this year and some of them going in the portal that want to play for Pope at BYU. I have no idea how Jardine feels about Duryea but I do know that TD going to Boise was not why Jardine left. He wanted out of Boise because it wasn't working.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12720
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 589 times
Been thanked: 702 times
Contact:

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by ProvoAggie » March 23rd, 2020, 4:53 pm

I sat with Brady at a UVU game and I know that he wasn't a fan of Madsen as a coach. Everything he talked about was just from watching games but I'm sure his opinion was probably somewhat influenced by things his brother was saying. Madsen's team seemed to play below their talent level this year.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
aggies22



OrangeCountyAggie
Posts: 200
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 23rd, 2020, 7:18 pm

In retrospect, Brady had next-level talent/athleticism - its sad what happened to him injury wise. If his little bro has 75% of that, sign me up!



OrangeCountyAggie
Posts: 200
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 23rd, 2020, 7:23 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am
While I agree that Casdon would be a nice addition to the team, I agree with the point that for the limited 1-2 spots we have left we are aiming higher. And we also definitely need some ball handling/speed.

With regards to Miller vs. Jardine, they're totally different players. I think Miller is quicker laterally and faster than Jardine.

Lastly, I hope Jardine has some regret he didn't pick USU the 1st time around.
That's not possible, Miller (for lack of a better analogy) runs like a girl.



Jjoey52
Posts: 3475
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by Jjoey52 » March 24th, 2020, 11:10 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:52 pm
Respectfully speaking of course, I think some of you are being blinded by the last name. We should be aiming for better pieces to the puzzle.
Not overly impressed with him, UVU was already his 3rd school which indicates he is not content with much. Also, He did not turn UVU into even a mediocre team. USU can do better, he is not Brady.


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12720
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 589 times
Been thanked: 702 times
Contact:

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by ProvoAggie » March 24th, 2020, 11:29 am

Jjoey52 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 11:10 am
aggies22 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:52 pm
Respectfully speaking of course, I think some of you are being blinded by the last name. We should be aiming for better pieces to the puzzle.
Not overly impressed with him, UVU was already his 3rd school which indicates he is not content with much. Also, He did not turn UVU into even a mediocre team. USU can do better, he is not Brady.
I wouldn't count going to a JC against him. UVU was his 2nd D1 team. I also wouldn't hold it against him that he couldn't elevate the team to another level. Duryea had some great players including Merrill and we were still a sub par team. Coaching has a lot to do with that. I'm not saying that Jardine is a player that we need right now but I also wouldn't hold those things against him.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 6):
slcaggAggie19hipsterdoofus21Real Life AggiecdaAgNVAggie



slcagg
Posts: 4984
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 762 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by slcagg » March 24th, 2020, 1:12 pm

Another guy in the portal from uvu that would be worth a look. Probably had pope recruiting him before he announced he was transferring.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... aiah-white



gomretat
Posts: 611
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by gomretat » March 24th, 2020, 1:17 pm

Some think that White will be a starter at BYU next year. I would definitely rate him above Jardine.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9703
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4990 times
Been thanked: 2978 times
Contact:

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by aggies22 » March 24th, 2020, 4:16 pm

Jalen Harris from Arkansas.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 24th, 2020, 4:27 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 4:16 pm
Jalen Harris from Arkansas.
No thanks, this will be his 3rd team.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9703
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4990 times
Been thanked: 2978 times
Contact:

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by aggies22 » March 24th, 2020, 5:56 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 4:27 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 4:16 pm
Jalen Harris from Arkansas.
No thanks, this will be his 3rd team.
Touche' my Aggie brother. We have contacted him though.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 24th, 2020, 10:00 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 5:56 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 4:27 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 4:16 pm
Jalen Harris from Arkansas.
No thanks, this will be his 3rd team.
Touche' my Aggie brother. We have contacted him though.
:lol: :stirpot:
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
aggies22



slcagg
Posts: 4984
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 762 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by slcagg » March 28th, 2020, 9:12 am

gomretat wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 1:17 pm
Some think that White will be a starter at BYU next year. I would definitely rate him above Jardine.
Looks like white is going to usc. Provo thought the uvu to BYU link was automatic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tucson.com ... d.amp.html



SLB
Posts: 3536
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Casdon Jardine in transfer portal

Post by SLB » March 28th, 2020, 11:47 am

slcagg wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 9:12 am
gomretat wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 1:17 pm
Some think that White will be a starter at BYU next year. I would definitely rate him above Jardine.
Looks like white is going to usc. Provo thought the uvu to BYU link was automatic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tucson.com ... d.amp.html
BYU looks they will have struggles next season.
Do they even have a returning starter?



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic