I am dead inside

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ineptimusprime

I am dead inside

Post by ineptimusprime » March 19th, 2020, 9:45 am

We should be watching first round tourney action today, and I am still in mourning.

But I guess me being dead inside is worth a lot of other people not being dead on the outside.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 10):
BLUERUFiOaggies22Real Life AggieFL350AggieSweepDanceJSHarveycdaAgaggieguy13MetsJetsAggiesAggieFBObsession

Real Life Aggie

Re: I am dead inside

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 19th, 2020, 10:32 am

I had set aside PTO and was planning on flying out to the first weekend. Now I'm working from my house on a collapsible Lifetime table.

Definitely not the change in plans I would have expected.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 3):
aggieguy13sstrasserBLUERUFiO

GUS

Post by GUS » March 19th, 2020, 10:32 am

I'm with you. Watching D Brito do the winning team/losing team chant in the empty Spectrum almost brought tears to my eyes.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post (total 5):
FL350AggiesstrasserIdaAg93AggieFBObsessionbluegrouse

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 19th, 2020, 11:02 am

City league, alumni tournament, church ball, and March Madness. This month is a perfect storm every year for a basketball junkie like myself, and it just so happens to be my birthday month too. My favorite time of year and every one of them has been ripped from me within a week's time. Now I'm told the church's key card is getting turned off so there goes pick up ball.
Like the OP said, I am officially dead inside.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
FL350AggieReal Life Aggieaggies22

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » March 19th, 2020, 11:29 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 11:02 am
City league, alumni tournament, church ball, and March Madness. This month is a perfect storm every year for a basketball junkie like myself, and it just so happens to be my birthday month too. My favorite time of year and every one of them has been ripped from me within a week's time. Now I'm told the church's key card is getting turned off so there goes pick up ball.
Other than the birthday, I’m right there with ya hipster. I should be smoking wings right now for the best weekend of the year. I had worked out to have the whole weekend free...canceled.
My rec was team was in the semifinals....canceled. I’ve lived in my stake for 5 years and they finally were going to start church-ball for the first time last Saturday....canceled. So far pick up ball is surviving, it’s all we got.
I guess I’ll smoke some wings and re watch the mountain west tournament to fend off depression. At least I know the ending!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 19th, 2020, 11:51 am

FL350Aggie wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 11:29 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Other than the birthday, I’m right there with ya hipster. I should be smoking wings right now for the best weekend of the year. I had worked out to have the whole weekend free...canceled.
My rec was team was in the semifinals....canceled. I’ve lived in my stake for 5 years and they finally were going to start church-ball for the first time last Saturday....canceled. So far pick up ball is surviving, it’s all we got.
I guess I’ll smoke some wings and re watch the mountain west tournament to fend off depression. At least I know the ending!
Well I’ve cancelled my birthday so we’re practically twins!

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 19th, 2020, 12:57 pm

Sucks so bad. I woke up to my calendar alert first thing this morning...it read "March Madness Begins!" (forgot to erase it).

Funny story: my second calendar event alert of the day was for a video conference meeting that I was hosting with 9 other companies (all engineers and architects). We closed our office at noon yesterday for the next 30 days per the NV governor's request so I'm working from home the best I can.

Anyway, I decide the only places at home to escape the kids on a video conference are either the back yard or the garage. I choose the garage and set up at one of my workbenches. The kids were still asleep and they aren't likely to go to the garage anyway since they are used to the house alarm being on.

Ten minutes into my video call my 4 year old comes strolling into the garage right in the frame of my camera wearing a the tube top from a swim suit, no bottoms, her Elsa wig, and teal colored earmuff headphones over the top of the wig with the headphones plugged into some fake phone that she has tucked into her underwear. She can't hear me whisper for her to go back in the house because of the headphones and she's belting out some song from Frozen II at the top of her lungs.

Working from home is going to be awesome.....
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 14):
Real Life AggieSweepDanceBustaMcNuttUSUaggieThunderAggieFloridaAggie13aggieguy13BLUERUFiOaggies22StanfordAggie and 4 more users

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 19th, 2020, 2:05 pm

Aglicious wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 12:57 pm
Sucks so bad. I woke up to my calendar alert first thing this morning...it read "March Madness Begins!" (forgot to erase it).

Funny story: my second calendar event alert of the day was for a video conference meeting that I was hosting with 9 other companies (all engineers and architects). We closed our office at noon yesterday for the next 30 days per the NV governor's request so I'm working from home the best I can.

Anyway, I decide the only places at home to escape the kids on a video conference are either the back yard or the garage. I choose the garage and set up at one of my workbenches. The kids were still asleep and they aren't likely to go to the garage anyway since they are used to the house alarm being on.

Ten minutes into my video call my 4 year old comes strolling into the garage right in the frame of my camera wearing a the tube top from a swim suit, no bottoms, her Elsa wig, and teal colored earmuff headphones over the top of the wig with the headphones plugged into some fake phone that she has tucked into her underwear. She can't hear me whisper for her to go back in the house because of the headphones and she's belting out some song from Frozen II at the top of her lungs.

Awesome. I've had to do the same thing.

You're going to have some people with badges and guns knocking on your door.

This reminded me of a funny story of mine.

I was having some problems with the family computer (the blue screen type of problem about 12 years ago). So I took it in to get looked at and there were several people behind me. They fire up the computer and get it past the blue screen and to my home screen. They have a large monitor behind the counter with the screen facing out for all to see.

I had forgotten that I had recently gone on a backpacking trip with my son in the Sierras. We camped by a small lake. He had waded out into the water and was bathing himself in his underpants. I snapped a photo because I wanted to embarrass him by using that picture as the background on the home screen when he turned on the computer.

Well, the tech guy fires up the computer and there on the screen for all to see is the picture of a wet 12 year-old boy knee deep in a lake in his underpants. The tech guys shoots me a glance. I wish I had a picture of the faces of horror on the two women in line behind me looking at that screen and then looking at me. I didn't even try to defend myself. I just sat there acted like it wasn't there.

As the tech guy finished, I apologized with a laugh for the background picture and he said that was mild compared to some he had seen.

My wife got a good laugh at the story and the women behind me got to go home and tell their friends and family about the pedophile they ran into at the computer store.

Anyway - yeah, it sucks there is no tournament to watch.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 3):
ThunderAggieAgliciousaggies22

Eutaw St. Aggie

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » March 19th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Best time of the year. Bracket challenges and office pools, games from 10AM - 10PM, and to make it even sweeter we would get to see the Aggies play at least one more time.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22sstrasser

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 19th, 2020, 2:26 pm

Yeah. I'm just sad. The NCAA tournament is by far my favorite sporting event.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post (total 2):
aggies22sstrasser

Formerly TulsAGGIE

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » March 19th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 2:05 pm
Aglicious wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 12:57 pm

Awesome. I've had to do the same thing.

You're going to have some people with badges and guns knocking on your door.

This reminded me of a funny story of mine.

I was having some problems with the family computer (the blue screen type of problem about 12 years ago). So I took it in to get looked at and there were several people behind me. They fire up the computer and get it past the blue screen and to my home screen. They have a large monitor behind the counter with the screen facing out for all to see.

I had forgotten that I had recently gone on a backpacking trip with my son in the Sierras. We camped by a small lake. He had waded out into the water and was bathing himself in his underpants. I snapped a photo because I wanted to embarrass him by using that picture as the background on the home screen when he turned on the computer.

Well, the tech guy fires up the computer and there on the screen for all to see is the picture of a wet 12 year-old boy knee deep in a lake in his underpants. The tech guys shoots me a glance. I wish I had a picture of the faces of horror on the two women in line behind me looking at that screen and then looking at me. I didn't even try to defend myself. I just sat there acted like it wasn't there.

As the tech guy finished, I apologized with a laugh for the background picture and he said that was mild compared to some he had seen.

My wife got a good laugh at the story and the women behind me got to go home and tell their friends and family about the pedophile they ran into at the computer store.

Anyway - yeah, it sucks there is no tournament to watch.
LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol:

Those are some funny stories.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 19th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 2:26 pm
More than the nba Finals? Stockton and Malone vs Jordan and pippen didn't do it for you huh?

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » March 19th, 2020, 5:08 pm

I'm dead inside reading this :lol: :lol: :golfclap:

Did anyone comment on Elsa?

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 19th, 2020, 5:13 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
They deactivated your key card to keep you from emptying all the toilet paper in the place. Haha!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 19th, 2020, 6:48 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 5:08 pm
I'm dead inside reading this :lol: :lol: :golfclap:

Did anyone comment on Elsa?
No, I heard a couple of snickers though. I think their laughs were more a result of seeing the terror in my eyes when I saw the door open and watching me scramble around trying find the mute button and having serious thoughts of throwing my thumb over the camera or maybe even hitting "end meeting"...LOL. I'm sure my face told the whole story...
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 2):
aggies22BLUERUFiO

sneed

Post by sneed » March 19th, 2020, 7:11 pm

I rewatched Florida and LSU but it’s not the same. I’ll probably work from home for a month or so. How awesome would it be to just watch all the NCAAT games right now for everyone at home?
These users thanked the author sneed for the post:
BLUERUFiO

Aggiealum13

Post by Aggiealum13 » March 19th, 2020, 11:06 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
The best sporting event of the year has come to this. However, we did have one of the brightest moments before it all ended by beating the #5 team in the country to win our tournament in dramatic fashion. A lot of teams out there never even had the chance to finish their conference tournament before it was all over. At least we are one of few that could hang a banner. Doesn't make the pain go away any less, but I got to imagine others are feeling worse having zero closure. At we have some of that with "the shot."

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 20th, 2020, 9:15 am

Aggiealum13 wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 11:06 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
The best sporting event of the year has come to this. However, we did have one of the brightest moments before it all ended by beating the #5 team in the country to win our tournament in dramatic fashion. A lot of teams out there never even had the chance to finish their conference tournament before it was all over. At least we are one of few that could hang a banner. Doesn't make the pain go away any less, but I got to imagine others are feeling worse having zero closure. At we have some of that with "the shot."
Very true.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 20th, 2020, 7:43 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 3:10 pm
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
More than the nba Finals? Stockton and Malone vs Jordan and pippen didn't do it for you huh?
If the Jazz were in the finals, it would supersede the tournament for me for that one year only. The finals with two other teams? Meh.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
SwaggieAggie

Formerly TulsAGGIE

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 20th, 2020, 7:50 pm

Reading about Sam being in tears kinda killed me today...

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/3/2 ... -20-season
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
USU78

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 20th, 2020, 8:02 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 7:50 pm
Reading about Sam being in tears kinda killed me today...

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/3/2 ... -20-season
A great article.

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » March 20th, 2020, 10:57 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 7:43 pm
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
If the Jazz were in the finals, it would supersede the tournament for me for that one year only. The finals with two other teams? Meh.
NBA playoffs is only really fun when your team is in it. March Madness is still great even as a neutral fan.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post (total 3):
aggies22hipsterdoofus21AggieFBObsession

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 21st, 2020, 7:33 am

SwaggieAggie wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 10:57 pm
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
NBA playoffs is only really fun when your team is in it. March Madness is still great even as a neutral fan.
If I had to choose the jazz making the nba finals and the Aggies making the final 4, it wouldn’t even be close. I like both but easily the final 4.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
aggies22USU78

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 21st, 2020, 12:19 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 7:33 am
SwaggieAggie wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 10:57 pm
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
If I had to choose the jazz making the nba finals and the Aggies making the final 4, it wouldn’t even be close. I like both but easily the final 4.
Well said.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 21st, 2020, 12:25 pm

I would also trade still having March Madness over sacrificing all other sports until September.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 4):
Aggie19slcaggLambchopsProvoAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 21st, 2020, 2:28 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 12:25 pm
I would also trade still having March Madness over sacrificing all other sports until September.
So d
Mitchell and gobert beating the rockets, lakers and clippers back to back to back wouldnt do it for you?

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 24th, 2020, 4:34 pm

March 21st, 2020, 2:28 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 12:25 pm
So d
Mitchell and gobert beating the rockets, lakers and clippers back to back to back wouldnt do it for you?
It's better than baseball season, but no, nothing is better than March Madness.

Locked Previous topicNext topic