Tickets for the tourney

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usufan1
Posts: 587
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 295 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Tickets for the tourney

Post by usufan1 » March 10th, 2020, 10:41 am

Got this email about the upcoming games.

You can purchase tickets at the locations you will be able to attend and then charged if that is where the Aggies play.

Tickets are $100, then after we win, you will be charged for the second round.

(apologize if the screenshot is hard to view)

Image

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk




User avatar
freakboy
Posts: 1219
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by freakboy » March 10th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Will we be reimbursed when the tournament is inevitably cancelled due to the coronavirus?
These users thanked the author freakboy for the post:
bluegrouse



User avatar
TrueBlueFan
Posts: 584
Joined: August 2nd, 2011, 10:56 pm
Location: Logan
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by TrueBlueFan » March 10th, 2020, 10:48 pm

freakboy wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 9:54 pm
Will we be reimbursed when the tournament is inevitably cancelled due to the coronavirus?
This is the real question. It’s looking worse and worse. In reality, we are quite lucky we had our conference tournament early. The IVY league just canceled theirs all together. A few others have moved to players only. No spectators.

Honest question: Is there any reason to believe that the tournament could be postponed instead of playing with only TV coverage?


Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

rAggie
Posts: 571
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:52 am
Location: Logan, UT
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 213 times
Contact:

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by rAggie » March 10th, 2020, 11:02 pm

TrueBlueFan wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 10:48 pm
freakboy wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 9:54 pm
Will we be reimbursed when the tournament is inevitably cancelled due to the coronavirus?
This is the real question. It’s looking worse and worse. In reality, we are quite lucky we had our conference tournament early. The IVY league just canceled theirs all together. A few others have moved to players only. No spectators.

Honest question: Is there any reason to believe that the tournament could be postponed instead of playing with only TV coverage?
If you postpone it, you're going to be postponing it for a long time...the Coronavirus stuff isn't going to suddenly get better any time soon, or at least, not before graduation and NBA draft and all that stuff fires up.

If I were to lay percentages on it right now I'd say there's a 50 percent chance of it proceeding as normal, 35 percent chance of going forward without fans, 10 percent chance of it proceeding with fans but with something done to change travel (first round home sites) and 5 percent other.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3678
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 1159 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by ineptimusprime » March 11th, 2020, 7:36 am

I’m guessing it’s going to be played without fans, which will be a huge advantage for Big West and WCC schools who are used to playing all of their games without fans.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Real Life Aggie



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 2298
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 2440 times
Been thanked: 851 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 11th, 2020, 9:29 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 7:36 am
I’m guessing it’s going to be played without fans, which will be a huge advantage for Big West and WCC schools who are used to playing all of their games without fans.
If they follow Coach Smith's advice and triple the cheerleading squad and media, there should be approximately the same number of individuals as typically found in the stadium formerly known as McKeon Pavilion.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13254
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 835 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Contact:

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by ProvoAggie » March 11th, 2020, 10:28 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 9:29 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 7:36 am
I’m guessing it’s going to be played without fans, which will be a huge advantage for Big West and WCC schools who are used to playing all of their games without fans.
If they follow Coach Smith's advice and triple the cheerleading squad and media, there should be approximately the same number of individuals as typically found in the stadium formerly known as McKeon Pavilion.
And if that happens, how do I try out to be a cheerleader?
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
usufan1Real Life Aggie



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 12003
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 560 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by ViAggie » March 11th, 2020, 10:36 am

TrueBlueFan wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 10:48 pm
freakboy wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 9:54 pm
Will we be reimbursed when the tournament is inevitably cancelled due to the coronavirus?
This is the real question. It’s looking worse and worse. In reality, we are quite lucky we had our conference tournament early. The IVY league just canceled theirs all together. A few others have moved to players only. No spectators.

Honest question: Is there any reason to believe that the tournament could be postponed instead of playing with only TV coverage?
LIKE I SAID TWO DAYS AGO :)


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 12003
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 560 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by ViAggie » March 11th, 2020, 10:37 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 10:28 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 9:29 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 7:36 am
I’m guessing it’s going to be played without fans, which will be a huge advantage for Big West and WCC schools who are used to playing all of their games without fans.
If they follow Coach Smith's advice and triple the cheerleading squad and media, there should be approximately the same number of individuals as typically found in the stadium formerly known as McKeon Pavilion.
And if that happens, how do I try out to be a cheerleader?
1st is the Swimsuit competition! Oh who am I kidding, it's 2020 :nono:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
Real Life Aggie


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 2298
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 2440 times
Been thanked: 851 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 11th, 2020, 12:01 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 10:28 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 9:29 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 7:36 am
I’m guessing it’s going to be played without fans, which will be a huge advantage for Big West and WCC schools who are used to playing all of their games without fans.
If they follow Coach Smith's advice and triple the cheerleading squad and media, there should be approximately the same number of individuals as typically found in the stadium formerly known as McKeon Pavilion.
And if that happens, how do I try out to be a cheerleader?
I am slight and delicate of frame. I think I'm a prime candidate for being held above someone's head.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17908
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 921 times
Been thanked: 982 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by NVAggie » March 11th, 2020, 12:03 pm

Too sickly to be in a coronavirus environment.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13254
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 835 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Contact:

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by ProvoAggie » March 11th, 2020, 12:59 pm

The governor of Ohio has said that they won't be allowing fans for the First Four games in Dayton or for the first round in Cleveland.




WasatchAggie
Posts: 616
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by WasatchAggie » March 11th, 2020, 3:30 pm

The NCAA just announced no fans. Limited family and staff only.



USUMAE
Posts: 270
Joined: September 3rd, 2015, 2:41 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by USUMAE » March 11th, 2020, 3:34 pm

So... How does one get on the expanded cheerleading squad or the media team? Any chance we suddenly have a lot of unpaid interns?



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13254
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 835 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Contact:

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by ProvoAggie » March 11th, 2020, 4:04 pm

USUMAE wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 3:34 pm
So... How does one get on the expanded cheerleading squad or the media team? Any chance we suddenly have a lot of unpaid interns?
From the sounds of it there won't be any cheer squads and there might not be media. Only family members of the players...people tell me that I kind of look like Justin Bean.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
Real Life Aggieusufan1



slcagg
Posts: 6938
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by slcagg » March 11th, 2020, 4:06 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 4:04 pm
USUMAE wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 3:34 pm
So... How does one get on the expanded cheerleading squad or the media team? Any chance we suddenly have a lot of unpaid interns?
From the sounds of it there won't be any cheer squads and there might not be media. Only family members of the players...people tell me that I kind of look like Justin Bean.
So is radio and tv considered media?



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13254
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 835 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Contact:

Re: Tickets for the tourney

Post by ProvoAggie » March 11th, 2020, 4:09 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 4:06 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 4:04 pm
USUMAE wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 3:34 pm
So... How does one get on the expanded cheerleading squad or the media team? Any chance we suddenly have a lot of unpaid interns?
From the sounds of it there won't be any cheer squads and there might not be media. Only family members of the players...people tell me that I kind of look like Justin Bean.
So is radio and tv considered media?
I'm guessing they'll have announcers there but no written media members. I guess it all comes down to what they consider essential media.



Locked Previous topicNext topic