ETSU or Wofford

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
nswaggie

ETSU or Wofford

Post by nswaggie » March 9th, 2020, 4:00 pm

Looking forward to watching some march madness this week. Nice and calm knowing we are in. So just curious in games like the SOCON championship who will you be rooting for and why? Or don’t care? I’m rooting for St Mary’s tonight but have not yet decided on some of these others. Help me out Aggie brothers who do I root for? Would a Woffford win give us a better seed? Could it push us to the 8 or 9 line? Other than Kansas is there really a huge difference between the projected 1and 2 seeds?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: ETSU or Wofford

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 9th, 2020, 4:28 pm

I actually saw a wofford game this year. They beat Virginia Military Institute at vmi in a near empty arena. Going to college games in various places makes you really appreciate the spectrum. Few places have atmospheres that can compare.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
aggies22TheAKAggie

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 9th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 4:28 pm
I actually saw a wofford game this year. They beat Virginia Military Institute at vmi in a near empty arena. Going to college games in various places makes you really appreciate the spectrum. Few places have atmospheres that can compare.
I have also gotten to see VMI play football at Toledo. I went to that game cause it was the day after we played at Michigan State and Michigan was on the road while Eastern Michigan's game was also the same night as ours. What was funny was I got to see, without knowing it would happen to us later, the same thing happen to VMI that happened in our game at Colorado State later that year, but in as opposite of a situation as you can get. VMI getting a touchdown taken away for illegal touching, which wouldn't have mattered, just closed it from 66-3 to 66-10. And the funny thing is that there were very few Toledo fans left cause of the game situation and that it was easy for them to leave early when they just have to drive across town or walk from their dorms, but I had came too far to leave at halftime or any earlier than the end of the game so I stayed through all the garbage time reps of that game. I do know of other Aggie fans who mainly made the trip for the Michigan State game that didn't want to to go that game cause it would be as crappy as it was and instead made a longer trip to Columbus to see Oregon State play Ohio State or Indiana to see Michigan play Notre Dame.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 9th, 2020, 5:11 pm

I think a Wofford win would be good because it squeezes another bubble team out and replaces them with a team that will be seeded lower than us (Wofford). Also ETSU still has a decent at large chance, and a loss would ensure they get seeded lower than us (if they make it) and would help us out in the NET.

I think a Wofford win is better for the Ags.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
aggies22

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 9th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Woff Woff for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
aggies22

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » March 9th, 2020, 9:43 pm

ETSU did not look like a team at the same level as us.

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » March 9th, 2020, 10:27 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 9:43 pm
ETSU did not look like a team at the same level as us.
They did not look like a team that beat LSU :headscratch: I was thinking Quetta would eat them up.

Locked Previous topicNext topic