Did that shot go in?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SweepDance

Did that shot go in?

Post by SweepDance » March 8th, 2020, 2:16 pm

...or am I still just dreaming?

I don't think I've ever experienced anything quite like that at a sporting event. Everything that happened up to that built up that moment and made it that much more incredible. If we don't lose to New Mexico last week, we don't need that shot to get it the tournament (probably.) If it didn't look like we were getting bounced halfway through the second half of the quarterfinals that moment may not have been quite as satisfying. If we didn't fall behind by 16 in the first half I think think that moment would have had quite the same kind of tension. All of these factors built up to that moment and Sam Merrill delivered the most clutch bucket will an unimaginable amount of pressure.

I took a video of that final play and took this screenshot from it:

I just wish it was a little better quality--I'd love to blow that up and get a print of it. Anyone else have any similar images?

It would also be cool to see an image a couple of frames later and see everyone's reactions, but let's just say I wasn't holding my phone very still at that moment :)
These users thanked the author SweepDance for the post:
aggies22

AggieFBObsession

Re: Did that shot go in?

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 8th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Sam Diego State. Enough said.

I hope that new name for them sticks. They certainly deserve it.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » March 8th, 2020, 2:30 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 2:27 pm

How about Sam Diogo State!!! :lol:
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post (total 4):
newtonianblueAggieFBObsessionBiocatAgaggies22

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » March 8th, 2020, 2:34 pm

Everything about yesterday was big time. Nationally televised on CBS, late afternoon slated game, #5 ranked team in the nation, and clutch shot to book our ticket in the dance. I’ve never felt such emotions or passion in a game before.. That was incredible.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post (total 2):
bluegrouseaggies22

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » March 8th, 2020, 2:36 pm

Excellent capture. Maybe not high quality but what you captured has it all. From Sam going down, ball in the hoop, none of the refs looking at Sam going down all fixated on the shot going in, to Ductcher clear in the far end witnessing his teams demise, a lone U-State fan already with arms forming a victory V while other fans were still figuring what Sam just did. Still worth printing for sure!
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post:
aggies22

#hornsup!

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 8th, 2020, 2:38 pm

For all those SDSU fans, claiming that refs called the game in our favor, that picture proves that Sam was fouled just like the SDSU guy was about 10 minutes earlier. Hand contact, and then not letting the shooter have a place to land (Sam fell down).
IMO, I think the game was called pretty even. If we would have lost by 1-2 points though....;)
Last edited by MrBiggle on March 8th, 2020, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where only sage brush grows

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » March 8th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Very cool! Perfect timing on the guys on the bench just realizing what had happened.
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 8th, 2020, 2:57 pm

For me that was the best aggie basketball i have attended. Considering the way the first half was and that we needed the win to probably go dancing. The atmosphere was awesome. I liked how the stadium announcer created energy with the fanbases. Just an awesome experience. Thankful to be there with my 3 boys. To watch the resiliency of this team was awesome. It was so sweet. Sam was incredible in the tournament.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 4):
SweepDancebluegrouseaggiesdotcomaggies22

seabass

Post by seabass » March 8th, 2020, 4:25 pm

I need to look at that pic on my computer- thanks for sharing!

Question for those who were there: what was the crowd ratio? 75% SDSU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuchelain

Post by Cuchelain » March 8th, 2020, 4:29 pm

It was at least 75% SDSU fans. They brought a lot of people.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » March 8th, 2020, 5:39 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 2:38 pm
For all those SDSU fans, claiming that refs called the game in our favor, that picture proves that Sam was fouled just like the SDSU guy was about 10 minutes earlier. Hand contact, and then not letting the shooter have a place to land (Sam fell down).
IMO, I think the game was called pretty even. If we would have lost by 1-2 points though....;)
I actually think there was much more contact on Sam shot than Abels foul. They also missed Quetas dunk first half where he didn’t come close to stepping out of bounds and they didn’t call a foul on Sams last make. If anything, they got the calls and it still didn’t matter.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
aggies22

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 8th, 2020, 5:41 pm

SweepDance wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 2:16 pm

I don't think I've ever experienced anything quite like that at a sporting event. Everything that happened up to that built up that moment and made it that much more incredible. If we don't lose to New Mexico last week, we don't need that shot to get it the tournament (probably.) If it didn't look like we were getting bounced halfway through the second half of the quarterfinals that moment may not have been quite as satisfying. If we didn't fall behind by 16 in the first half I think think that moment would have had quite the same kind of tension. All of these factors built up to that moment and Sam Merrill delivered the most clutch bucket will an unimaginable amount of pressure.

I just wish it was a little better quality--I'd love to blow that up and get a print of it. Anyone else have any similar images?

It would also be cool to see an image a couple of frames later and see everyone's reactions, but let's just say I wasn't holding my phone very still at that moment :)
I'd like a copy of that so I can print it and frame it! ICONIC!!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 8th, 2020, 5:42 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 2:30 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 2:27 pm

How about Sam Diogo State!!! :lol:
Well played my Aggie brother!

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » March 8th, 2020, 6:05 pm

It looks like Brito and Bean were in pretty good position to clean up if he had missed.

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » March 8th, 2020, 7:02 pm

SweepDance wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 2:16 pm

How big is the file of the picture? I moved out of my print shop but still have all my equipment. I could at least look at it to see how big you could print it without losing resolution.

Locked Previous topicNext topic