NIT bracketology. I picked Utah St to win it all(#1 seed)

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SDSU
Troll

NIT bracketology. I picked Utah St to win it all(#1 seed)

Post by SDSU » March 3rd, 2020, 1:22 pm

As a fellow MWC fan, i am obligated to cheer on my fellow MWC team USU when they enter the NIT tournament as a #1 seed. They will run the table and win the NIT tournament championship.

my NIT tournament final four

Furman
Utah St
Tulsa
Syracuse

NIT tournament championship game. Syracuse vs Utah St

i picked Utah St to win it all

Aggie19

Re: NIT bracketology. I picked Utah St to win it all(#1 seed)

Post by Aggie19 » March 3rd, 2020, 1:39 pm

Is there a way to block this tool?

Go Aggies!

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » March 3rd, 2020, 2:46 pm

Click on his name. Select Add Foe. That's it -- one less dipsh to deal with.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
Aggie19

Nobody here knows anything.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » March 3rd, 2020, 3:55 pm

Honestly I would be absolutely shocked if we won the NIT. It is a lot of games to win and #1 and #2 seeds seem to lose pretty quick since they are usually just disappointed they didn't make the tournament.

Too bad we won't make the NIT after upsetting your Aztecs....

By the way, Aztec fans like you make it really hard for me to want to cheer for SDSU in the tourney.
Last edited by ThunderAggie on March 3rd, 2020, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 3rd, 2020, 3:56 pm

I'm about to do two unpopular things right now:

First, I'm feeding the troll. My bad.

Second, I think winning the NIT would be awesome. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be happy about being snubbed on Selection Sunday, but I'd love to see more games this season. And I'd look forward to playing teams we haven't played before. I don't agree with the attitude of "NCAA or bust". Plus, the experience would be nothing but beneficial for developing our guys.

I get that the troll is just trying to get under our skin by being condescending and belittling, mostly because they're having such a good year. But, the reality is that we're a bubble team. Do I believe in our team and should we make it to the NCAA tournament? I think so! But have we slipped up and had stupid losses? Yes, we have. We have nobody to blame but ourselves if we don't make it in, and performing our best even in a consolation bracket isn't a negative.

Irrespective of the sophomoric posts of one troll in a small forum, we should try our best and go the farthest we can, and take satisfaction doing our best and being challenged. Whether that's winning a single game in the NCAA tourney, losing the first game in the NCAA tourney, or going to the NIT, there's no shame in doing our best and not winning.

As a side note to SDSU: you're a poor emissary and representative of a great school. I look forward to no longer seeing your posts in our forum.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 3rd, 2020, 4:42 pm

Personally, I'm flattered. What greater honour could there be? Thank you benevolent SDSU fan, for sharing with us your infinite knowledge and support.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 3rd, 2020, 4:50 pm

Some are born douchey
Some acquire douchiness
Yet others have douchiness thrust upon them
SDSU is the douchiest of all.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm

Winning the nit would be a great accomplishment. I know the op is trolling, but beating 5 quality teams in a single elimination tournament would be impressive. San Diego state failed to do it even with a great team in 16.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 3rd, 2020, 5:18 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 3:55 pm
Honestly I would be absolutely shocked if we won the NIT. It is a lot of games to win and #1 and #2 seeds seem to lose pretty quick since they are usually just disappointed they didn't make the tournament.

By the way, Aztec fans like you make it really hard for me to want to cheer for SDSU in the tourney.
SDSU is going to win the NCAA championship
Utah St is going to win the NIT championhip.

the MWC will have two post season tournament champs.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 3rd, 2020, 5:19 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm
Winning the nit would be a great accomplishment. I know the op is trolling, but beating 5 quality teams in a single elimination tournament would be impressive. San Diego state failed to do it even with a great team in 16.
i agree, especially for USU basketball. More future recruits will come as well.

For SDSU, making the NIT is a failure of a season since we are expected to make the NCAAs every single year due to higher expectations.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 3rd, 2020, 5:24 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 3:56 pm
I'm about to do two unpopular things right now:

First, I'm feeding the troll. My bad.

Second, I think winning the NIT would be awesome. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be happy about being snubbed on Selection Sunday, but I'd love to see more games this season. And I'd look forward to playing teams we haven't played before. I don't agree with the attitude of "NCAA or bust". Plus, the experience would be nothing but beneficial for developing our guys.

I get that the troll is just trying to get under our skin by being condescending and belittling, mostly because they're having such a good year. But, the reality is that we're a bubble team. Do I believe in our team and should we make it to the NCAA tournament? I think so! But have we slipped up and had stupid losses? Yes, we have. We have nobody to blame but ourselves if we don't make it in, and performing our best even in a consolation bracket isn't a negative.

Irrespective of the sophomoric posts of one troll in a small forum, we should try our best and go the farthest we can, and :utah: take satisfaction doing our best and being challenged. Whether that's winning a single game in the NCAA tourney, losing the first game in the NCAA tourney, or going to the NIT, there's no shame in doing our best and not winning.

As a side note to SDSU: you're a poor emissary and representative of a great school. I look forward to no longer seeing your posts in our forum.
First four exit or NIT champs?

I choose the latter any day of the week. Hanging the "USU 2020-2021 NIT champions" Banner is better than "USU NCAA first four" banner. Obviously, that is only in the context if USU loses the first four. A win i nthe first four or any tournament game(although doesnt' really count as an ncaa tournament win) is better than winning the NIT title.

The only at large option they can get is a first four invite if in case they make it to the MWC title game and lose. That's only if they get lucky. I wouldn't count on it

cbingham
Has thanked: 0

Post by cbingham » March 3rd, 2020, 6:04 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 1:22 pm
As a fellow MWC fan, i am obligated to cheer on my fellow MWC team USU when they enter the NIT tournament as a #1 seed. They will run the table and win the NIT tournament championship.

my NIT tournament final four

Furman
Utah St
Tulsa
Syracuse

NIT tournament championship game. Syracuse vs Utah St

i picked Utah St to win it all
@SDSU, will a USU NIT look better than SDSU offense not showing up, as has been the trend of late, and getting beat by a two direction state school who is seeded at 14?

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » March 3rd, 2020, 6:57 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 5:18 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 3:55 pm

SDSU is going to win the NCAA championship
Utah St is going to win the NIT championhip.

the MWC will have two post season tournament champs.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » March 3rd, 2020, 7:57 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 5:19 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm
i agree, especially for USU basketball. More future recruits will come as well.

For SDSU, making the NIT is a failure of a season since we are expected to make the NCAAs every single year due to higher expectations.
You know USU has been to the big dance more than sandy eggo state, right? Shoot, so has Weber State.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Aggies All the Way!

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » March 3rd, 2020, 8:20 pm

Since we are making predictions, I predict SDSU will join Virgina and be the second 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed. The only problem is SDSU won’t be able to reload like Virgina, and the following year they won’t win more than 10 games. Then user SDSU will suffer from PTSD, and it will cause him to be demoted from his shift manager job at McDonalds and go back to working the till. While living in his moms basement, instead of trolling USU forms he then goes back to playing World of Warcraft and all will be well in the world.
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post:
ThunderAggie

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » March 3rd, 2020, 9:17 pm

SDSU and all other Western teams without deep NCAA experience will generally do poorly in the NCAAs. This is partly because the in-conference reffing out West is more ticky tack than back East and in the NCAA tournament.

I do think, however, the reffing out West is trending less and less ticky tack, even as this current season has progressed.

Oh, and another factor is the ball. If SDSU doesn't win the tourney, it'll be because of the ball. (This is also why Miller has been struggling: the ball.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic