Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2456
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by OKAggie » February 29th, 2020, 10:24 pm

... our next opponent is likely to be.....the New Mexico Lobos. I'll assume they'll take care of San Jose on Wednesday.


Nobody here knows anything.

User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2249
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by bigblue » February 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm

We won't lose to them again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
aggies22


Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Aggie84025
Posts: 2391
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 748 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Aggie84025 » February 29th, 2020, 10:42 pm

I will be cheering for SJSU as we match up better against them. What is really frustrating is I have watched the last 4 games that NM has played. They flat out quit in a lot of those games. Then they play us and they play like this. Cut down our turnovers and we should win. Get the ball into Queta, but he need to go up quicker, there were several times we lobbed it over the defender and rather than just going straight up he waited for the double team which led to issues. Don't get me wrong Queta played really solid in the game and is for sure not the reason we lost.



aggiesdotcom
Posts: 1778
Joined: January 21st, 2011, 8:56 am
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by aggiesdotcom » February 29th, 2020, 10:43 pm

We are all SJSU fans in that 10/7 game
These users thanked the author aggiesdotcom for the post:
FloridaAggie13



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by dyedblue » March 2nd, 2020, 5:07 am

Queta had 8 turnovers. That was a huge factor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
MrBiggle


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Usu0505
Posts: 553
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Usu0505 » March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am

We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Usu0505 for the post:
aggies22



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 9526
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 2nd, 2020, 7:21 am

Usu0505 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We show an amazing amount of arrogance for a team with eight losses including several blown leads.

UNM isn't a good match-up for us with their athleticism. We scored ten points in the final eleven minutes of Saturday's game.



89Aggie
Posts: 16
Joined: September 16th, 2019, 9:44 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by 89Aggie » March 2nd, 2020, 7:38 am

dyedblue wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 5:07 am
Queta had 8 turnovers. That was a huge factor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Queta drops his hands down too low after catching the pass instead of keeping them higher and moving right to the basket.
These users thanked the author 89Aggie for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9966
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5470 times
Been thanked: 3251 times
Contact:

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by aggies22 » March 2nd, 2020, 7:43 am

bigblue wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm
We won't lose to them again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No way. It was a perfect storm of senior night, out of the ordinary good 3-point shooting and Dave Hall.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
BustaMcNuttMadmartiganCodingAggieBlue



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9966
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5470 times
Been thanked: 3251 times
Contact:

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by aggies22 » March 2nd, 2020, 7:44 am

89Aggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:38 am
dyedblue wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 5:07 am
Queta had 8 turnovers. That was a huge factor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Queta drops his hands down too low after catching the pass instead of keeping them higher and moving right to the basket.
Exactly. Neemias completely negates being 7 feet tall when he brings the ball down to his waist.



Aggie19
Posts: 759
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Aggie19 » March 2nd, 2020, 7:47 am

89Aggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:38 am
dyedblue wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 5:07 am
Queta had 8 turnovers. That was a huge factor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Queta drops his hands down too low after catching the pass instead of keeping them higher and moving right to the basket.
All of our big men do it. Over and over


Go Aggies!

Chupamedia
Posts: 1254
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Chupamedia » March 2nd, 2020, 8:12 am

What about line ups - any blame for blowing big leads rests on coaching? I think there is a pattern with our loses and lack of substitutions.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14901
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 316 times
Been thanked: 665 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by brownjeans » March 2nd, 2020, 8:48 am

Aggie19 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:47 am
89Aggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:38 am
dyedblue wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 5:07 am
Queta had 8 turnovers. That was a huge factor.
Queta drops his hands down too low after catching the pass instead of keeping them higher and moving right to the basket.
All of our big men do it. Over and over
This.

And can we stop bringing the ball back when we go to dunk? Just put it in, stop going for the dramatic throwdown - it's just helping the defender block it.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6883
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 393 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by 2004AG » March 2nd, 2020, 9:06 am

Chupamedia wrote:What about line ups - any blame for blowing big leads rests on coaching? I think there is a pattern with our loses and lack of substitutions.
Yes. Absolutely.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggie84025
Posts: 2391
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 748 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Aggie84025 » March 2nd, 2020, 10:26 am

89Aggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:38 am
dyedblue wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 5:07 am
Queta had 8 turnovers. That was a huge factor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Queta drops his hands down too low after catching the pass instead of keeping them higher and moving right to the basket.
We threw the ball over the top of the defender really well. Rather than just catch and go up with the ball he seemed a little hesitant when they brought 2 other defenders. He also brought the ball down low. Had he kept the ball high and went directly up with it I would guess he would have made 2-3 more baskets in the paint. If we play them on Thursday we need to fix that.

-need to rebound better. They had several offensive rebounds that killed us.
-limit the turnovers and especially fast break turnovers.
-All 5 players will shoot the 3 for NM, we need to make sure we guard the 3 closer.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22



Aggie84025
Posts: 2391
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 748 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Aggie84025 » March 2nd, 2020, 10:27 am

brownjeans wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 8:48 am
Aggie19 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:47 am
89Aggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:38 am
dyedblue wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 5:07 am
Queta had 8 turnovers. That was a huge factor.
Queta drops his hands down too low after catching the pass instead of keeping them higher and moving right to the basket.
All of our big men do it. Over and over
This.

And can we stop bringing the ball back when we go to dunk? Just put it in, stop going for the dramatic throwdown - it's just helping the defender block it.
Or just make the simple layup instead of highlight reel. We had a few fast break or open lanes to the rim where we tried to make a highlight play instead of just a regular 2 point play.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22



Usu0505
Posts: 553
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Usu0505 » March 2nd, 2020, 1:20 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We show an amazing amount of arrogance for a team with eight losses including several blown leads.

UNM isn't a good match-up for us with their athleticism. We scored ten points in the final eleven minutes of Saturday's game.
Whatever you say bud.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Madmartigan
Posts: 2818
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Madmartigan » March 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:21 am
Usu0505 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We show an amazing amount of arrogance for a team with eight losses including several blown leads.

UNM isn't a good match-up for us with their athleticism. We scored ten points in the final eleven minutes of Saturday's game.
While I don't think we win by 20, the game against them in the pit was an anomaly in many ways. They shot well above both their season average for makes and total attempts from 3. We turned it over more than we usually do. I am not that worried about another matchup against them. They have zero answer for Queta. As long as he can hold the ball, we should handle bizzness.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 1625
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1362 times
Been thanked: 566 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 2nd, 2020, 2:06 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:21 am
Usu0505 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We show an amazing amount of arrogance for a team with eight losses including several blown leads.

UNM isn't a good match-up for us with their athleticism. We scored ten points in the final eleven minutes of Saturday's game.
While I don't think we win by 20, the game against them in the pit was an anomaly in many ways. They shot well above both their season average for makes and total attempts from 3. We turned it over more than we usually do. I am not that worried about another matchup against them. They have zero answer for Queta. As long as he can hold the ball, we should handle bizzness.
I haven't watched the game yet (it's on the docket for this evening). But 8 turnovers certainly sounds like they have a bit of an answer for Queta.



Madmartigan
Posts: 2818
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Madmartigan » March 2nd, 2020, 2:11 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 2:06 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:21 am
Usu0505 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We show an amazing amount of arrogance for a team with eight losses including several blown leads.

UNM isn't a good match-up for us with their athleticism. We scored ten points in the final eleven minutes of Saturday's game.
While I don't think we win by 20, the game against them in the pit was an anomaly in many ways. They shot well above both their season average for makes and total attempts from 3. We turned it over more than we usually do. I am not that worried about another matchup against them. They have zero answer for Queta. As long as he can hold the ball, we should handle bizzness.
I haven't watched the game yet (it's on the docket for this evening). But 8 turnovers certainly sounds like they have a bit of an answer for Queta.
Touche, I should clarify. Zero answer for a Queta that is not careless with the ball.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15900
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 1074 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 2nd, 2020, 2:31 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 2:06 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:21 am
Usu0505 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We show an amazing amount of arrogance for a team with eight losses including several blown leads.

UNM isn't a good match-up for us with their athleticism. We scored ten points in the final eleven minutes of Saturday's game.
While I don't think we win by 20, the game against them in the pit was an anomaly in many ways. They shot well above both their season average for makes and total attempts from 3. We turned it over more than we usually do. I am not that worried about another matchup against them. They have zero answer for Queta. As long as he can hold the ball, we should handle bizzness.
I haven't watched the game yet (it's on the docket for this evening). But 8 turnovers certainly sounds like they have a bit of an answer for Queta.
One turnover was a bullet pass from Brito in traffic from 10 feet away, another was a total flop by the defender as Queta posted up, and a third was a crap over the back call on a put back. Those are 3 of the 8 that I can excuse him for. I'm not sure of the other 5.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 9526
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 2nd, 2020, 2:44 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:21 am
Usu0505 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We show an amazing amount of arrogance for a team with eight losses including several blown leads.

UNM isn't a good match-up for us with their athleticism. We scored ten points in the final eleven minutes of Saturday's game.
While I don't think we win by 20, the game against them in the pit was an anomaly in many ways. They shot well above both their season average for makes and total attempts from 3. We turned it over more than we usually do. I am not that worried about another matchup against them. They have zero answer for Queta. As long as he can hold the ball, we should handle bizzness.
I definitely think we are a better team overall and we should win 7/10 against them. But it is the classic situation where as matchups are concerned we struggle due to their athleticism and I just don't think we are in a position to claim we are going to beat anyone by 20, especially a team that just beat us while going on a 28-10 run over the last 11 minutes of the game.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
utaggies



jpswensen
Posts: 1542
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 227 times
Contact:

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by jpswensen » March 2nd, 2020, 4:42 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:43 am
bigblue wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm
We won't lose to them again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No way. It was a perfect storm of senior night, out of the ordinary good 3-point shooting and Dave Hall.
WIll Dave (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) Hall be reffing at the MWC tournament?
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post:
aggies22


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9966
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5470 times
Been thanked: 3251 times
Contact:

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by aggies22 » March 2nd, 2020, 5:32 pm

jpswensen wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 4:42 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 7:43 am
bigblue wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm
We won't lose to them again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No way. It was a perfect storm of senior night, out of the ordinary good 3-point shooting and Dave Hall.
WIll Dave (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) (I can't express myself without swearing) Hall be reffing at the MWC tournament?
I would (I can't express myself without swearing) imagine so. In the event we make the Championship game, pencil him in.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17268
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 853 times
Been thanked: 823 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by NVAggie » March 2nd, 2020, 6:21 pm

Hopefully he works the Power conference game at the Orleans.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9966
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5470 times
Been thanked: 3251 times
Contact:

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by aggies22 » March 2nd, 2020, 6:55 pm

NVAggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:21 pm
Hopefully he works the Power conference game at the Orleans.
Good point. Only the best for the best.



Usu0505
Posts: 553
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by Usu0505 » March 5th, 2020, 9:40 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We show an amazing amount of arrogance for a team with eight losses including several blown leads.

UNM isn't a good match-up for us with their athleticism. We scored ten points in the final eleven minutes of Saturday's game.
I can admit when wrong was hoping we’d come out pissed off like the rest of us after losing. Didn’t win by 20 but won and they are a good team. Reffing was also atrocious. I think we win by at least 10 with queta and Sam not in foul trouble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 9526
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 5th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 9:40 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 am
We will win by 20 or more if we play them again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We show an amazing amount of arrogance for a team with eight losses including several blown leads.

UNM isn't a good match-up for us with their athleticism. We scored ten points in the final eleven minutes of Saturday's game.
I can admit when wrong was hoping we’d come out pissed off like the rest of us after losing. Didn’t win by 20 but won and they are a good team. Reffing was also atrocious. I think we win by at least 10 with queta and Sam not in foul trouble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, no problem. I didn't take any offense to your statement. UNM is a difficult matchup due to their athleticism - they used five guard lineups often in fact



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2249
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by bigblue » March 5th, 2020, 9:58 pm

bigblue wrote:We won't lose to them again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Man, I'm glad I'm right haha.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2249
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by bigblue » March 5th, 2020, 10:00 pm


aggies22 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm
We won't lose to them again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No way. It was a perfect storm of senior night, out of the ordinary good 3-point shooting and Dave Hall.
Who would have thought we would have had a worst officiating game than one with Dave Hall?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
aggies22


Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Better break down that tape quick, Craig...

Post by dyedblue » March 5th, 2020, 10:04 pm

bigblue wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm
We won't lose to them again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No way. It was a perfect storm of senior night, out of the ordinary good 3-point shooting and Dave Hall.
Who would have thought we would have had a worst officiating game than one with Dave Hall?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Don’t worry. We could still get Larry Spaulding tomorrow


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Locked Previous topicNext topic