Damn you Gonzaga

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Real Life Aggie

Re: Damn you Gonzaga

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 24th, 2020, 4:54 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 4:29 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 4:15 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 1:41 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 11:26 am
OMG no wonder YBU has such high T.V. rating every" Aggie" watch's every game they play. I just do not bother with them.
Good for you. You also took the time to post about it so.........
Who is in your head more YBU or me ? When people ask me about YBU I say frankly my dear I do not give a damn. I did not watch their game. I believe that a lot of posters on this board have a real envy about BYU, perhaps little brother concern ?
It isnt envy to cheer against your rival. It is fun. This is entertainment after all. It also isnt wrong to tip your cap when they get a big win. They got a good team. Glad yoeli is gone after this year. Hopefully we can beat sdsu in vegas and win a game in March. We have a lot to play for.
Agreed. I'm sure some/many of you have repeated basically the same thing I have before:

I cheer for two teams:
1. USU
2. Anybody playing BYU

Rivalries are rivalries. There isn't anything particularly special about USU v BYU... This isn't Duke/North Carolina or Lousville/Kentucky. Every school has rivalries, and some are more outspoken/vitriolic than others. But they don't really matter. There really isn't that much of a difference between us, despite what I always says. It's basically this:

Doesn't mean I'm going to quit hating on BYU, just like they won't stop being Y-holes.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » February 24th, 2020, 5:45 pm

I am 100% unequivocally pro USU. That means if BYU beating Gonzaga is good for USU (and it was) then I am cheering for BYU. If any team winning helps USU's situation, then I am cheering for them.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 24th, 2020, 7:07 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 4:54 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 4:29 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 4:15 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 1:41 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 11:26 am
OMG no wonder YBU has such high T.V. rating every" Aggie" watch's every game they play. I just do not bother with them.
Good for you. You also took the time to post about it so.........
Who is in your head more YBU or me ? When people ask me about YBU I say frankly my dear I do not give a damn. I did not watch their game. I believe that a lot of posters on this board have a real envy about BYU, perhaps little brother concern ?
It isnt envy to cheer against your rival. It is fun. This is entertainment after all. It also isnt wrong to tip your cap when they get a big win. They got a good team. Glad yoeli is gone after this year. Hopefully we can beat sdsu in vegas and win a game in March. We have a lot to play for.
Agreed. I'm sure some/many of you have repeated basically the same thing I have before:

I cheer for two teams:
1. USU
2. Anybody playing BYU

Rivalries are rivalries. There isn't anything particularly special about USU v BYU... This isn't Duke/North Carolina or Lousville/Kentucky. Every school has rivalries, and some are more outspoken/vitriolic than others. But they don't really matter. There really isn't that much of a difference between us, despite what I always says. It's basically this:

Doesn't mean I'm going to quit hating on BYU, just like they won't stop being Y-holes.
Yeah it can be juvenile at times, but sports fandom is fun that is why we all are passionate about it.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » February 24th, 2020, 10:50 pm

Watch the zoobs lose at Pepperdine e Saturday.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic