Of course this will change, but as of this morning...

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
OKAggie

Of course this will change, but as of this morning...

Post by OKAggie » February 19th, 2020, 8:25 am

... we are undefeated against every team in our half of the as-of-today MWCT bracket. Right now we're the 2 seed, with 3 Nevada, 6 CSU, 7 UNM, 10 SJSU and 11 Wyo in our half of the bracket, with games remaining against UW, SJSU and UNM.

The other half -- with 1 SDSU, 4 BSU, 5 UNLV, 8 FSU and 9 AFA -- account for all five of our losses.

None of those seeds except the #1 are set yet, so this is mostly meaningless. But projecting the rest of the season including tiebreakers, there's a pretty good chance that USU and UN will be the 2/3 in some order, CSU will be the 6, and SJSU and UW will be the 10/11.

I like our chances to make the MWCT final.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
aggies22

Nobody here knows anything.

Madmartigan

Re: Of course this will change, but as of this morning...

Post by Madmartigan » February 19th, 2020, 8:30 am

According to the MW website, I have UNLV and not CSU in our side of the bracket. Here's what it looks like for me:
Nevada (3)
UNLV (6)
UNM (7)
SJSU (10)
WYO (11)

https://themw.com/standings.aspx?path=mbball

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » February 19th, 2020, 8:39 am

as of today, BSU, UNLV and CSU are all 9-6. BSU is 1-0 v. CSU and 1-0 v. UNLV, which is 1-1 v. CSU. Aggregate BSU 2-0, UNLV 1-2, CSU 1-2, which gives BSU the #4 and puts the other two in the two-team tiebreak rules. UNLV and CSU are both currently 0-1 v. #1 SDSU, so the tie is broken by UNLV's win over #2 USU, so they get #5, and CSU #6.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the details.

Nobody here knows anything.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » February 19th, 2020, 8:47 am

OKAggie wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 8:39 am
as of today, BSU, UNLV and CSU are all 9-6. BSU is 1-0 v. CSU and 1-0 v. UNLV, which is 1-1 v. CSU. Aggregate BSU 2-0, UNLV 1-2, CSU 1-2, which gives BSU the #4 and puts the other two in the two-team tiebreak rules. UNLV and CSU are both currently 0-1 v. #1 SDSU, so the tie is broken by UNLV's win over #2 USU, so they get #5, and CSU #6.

I had not applied the rules/logic of the tiebreakers, I figured the MW people would do that before posting to their website. I believe you are correct and me wrong in assuming the MW would do that work for us.

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » February 19th, 2020, 9:39 am

Madmartigan wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 8:47 am
OKAggie wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 8:39 am

I had not applied the rules/logic of the tiebreakers, I figured the MW people would do that before posting to their website. I believe you are correct and me wrong in assuming the MW would do that work for us.
It's the MWC version of a participation trophy for the tied teams.

Aggie84025
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aggie84025 » February 19th, 2020, 9:59 am

Nevada is playing really well right now. They have really good guards as well which causes us issues. If we are #2 and Nevada #3, I hope that CSU or Boise end up the in the 6th spot and knock off Nevada. I think CSU or Boise in the semifinals on a neutral court would give us a good shot to make it to the finals. Who knows what will happen, but it is fun to speculate.

Regarding the #7 seed would you rather have NM or Fresno in that spot? Both are really athletic and could pose problems for us. NM is really struggling right now so that might not be a bad match up for us. Maybe AF or SJSU could knock them off in the first round.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic