Vote for Sam!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Vote for Sam!

Post by ProvoAggie » February 13th, 2020, 1:39 pm

Aggiedude12 wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 1:31 pm
Holy crap you guys are obsessed and some are probably cheating with bots. This has become a joke, still another month of this
Something tells me that this guy isn't really an Aggie fan...
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 4):
aggies22TrueBluetreesap32WillCut72

aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Post by aggies1 » February 13th, 2020, 1:55 pm

As I have been voting today, there are times when it doesn't make me do the crosswalk, cars, bus, etc... it just has me click on the I'm not a robot button and then lets me vote. I'm not gonna lie. That has been nice after voting so many times when you have to go through the whole verification system.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 13th, 2020, 1:59 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 1:39 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
Holy crap you guys are obsessed and some are probably cheating with bots. This has become a joke, still another month of this
Something tells me that this guy isn't really an Aggie fan...
Sounds about right. Register, make thinly-veiled comments about how our group of fans isn't as good, insinuate that we're cheating. Sounds like the sort of classy douchebaggery we've come to expect from the Fighting Pharisees.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » February 13th, 2020, 2:36 pm

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 1:03 am
Something is up with those numbers. That Markus guy had over 30% of the votes and was tied with us. How did he fall so far behind all of the sudden?

Correction. It was James Foye who Had a lot of votes.
ChicAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 8:25 am
Is there any way the fan voting was re-set? Markus Howard at Marquette had the lead just a couple days ago with well over 30% of the vote after several days of voting, and now he's down to 5.2%
I think ChicAggie may be right. The numbers just changed way too fast starting a day or two ago. We were working hard to fend off a surge of Marquette fans last week, and now over the course of 1 or 2 days Sam's up to over 60%?

itsame
Troll

Post by itsame » February 13th, 2020, 2:51 pm

These users thanked the author itsame for the post (total 2):
BlueNtheFaceChicAggie

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » February 13th, 2020, 3:25 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 2:36 pm
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
Something is up with those numbers. That Markus guy had over 30% of the votes and was tied with us. How did he fall so far behind all of the sudden?

ChicAggie wrote:
Is there any way the fan voting was re-set? Markus Howard at Marquette had the lead just a couple days ago with well over 30% of the vote after several days of voting, and now he's down to 5.2%
I think ChicAggie may be right. The numbers just changed way too fast starting a day or two ago. We were working hard to fend off a surge of Marquette fans last week, and now over the course of 1 or 2 days Sam's up to over 60%?
Could it have correlated with the Hurd posting the link on Facebook? Maybe a bunch of students jumped in and started voting.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » February 13th, 2020, 4:00 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:I think some of you underestimate how many fans BYU has and how dedicated their fans are to winning polls. Cougarboard currently has 832 users logged in and browsing the board. We have 18 registered users online right now and 34 guests. That is a massive descrepency.
National Brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » February 13th, 2020, 4:03 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 4:00 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:I think some of you underestimate how many fans BYU has and how dedicated their fans are to winning polls. Cougarboard currently has 832 users logged in and browsing the board. We have 18 registered users online right now and 34 guests. That is a massive descrepency.
National Brand.

But do they have hats in the mall (outside the Morridor)?

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Cast Iron Aggie

Post by Cast Iron Aggie » February 13th, 2020, 4:10 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

ChicAggie wrote:
My suspicion has been that it is a running tally of the last 24hrs or at least heavily weighted to recent votes and the overall total isn't public until the end. It would help with engagement from fans of lower ranks players as any surge in their voting could make it seem like they are coming back. Whenever one teams fans take the day off, they drop quickly in the polling.

Maybe I'm completely off base though.
:noidea:

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 13th, 2020, 4:24 pm

itsame wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 2:51 pm
I don't care that this is clearly trolling, this was excellent. I exhaled forcibly out of my nostrils several times, and couldn't hold back the smile. I legit enjoyed this.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 3):
BlueNtheFaceNVAggieitsame

Aggiewest

Post by Aggiewest » February 13th, 2020, 4:29 pm

I don't think it is resetting. I haven't been voting as much as many of you have, but I have been keeping an eye on it and at no time did it appear to reset. I believe that we have a lot of fans doing their part to make sure Sam wins. Big thanks should go to the Hurd!!!!!! Despite the many fans that Provo BYU claims, they not as passionate as ours. Our numbers might be small, but we make up for it with our passion of everything Aggies.
Last edited by Aggiewest on February 14th, 2020, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » February 13th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 4:24 pm
itsame wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 2:51 pm
I don't care that this is clearly trolling, this was excellent. I exhaled forcibly out of my nostrils several times, and couldn't hold back the smile. I legit enjoyed this.
Same! But I couldn't hold it...I just laughed out loud :lol:
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
NVAggie

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » February 13th, 2020, 4:34 pm

Aggiewest wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 4:29 pm
I don't think it is resetting. I haven't been voting as much as many of you have, but I have been keeping an eye on it and at no time did it appear to reset. I believe that we have a lot of fans doing their part to make sure Sam wins. Big thanks should go to the Herd!!!!!! Despite the many fans that Provo BYU claims, they not as passionate as ours. Our numbers might be small, but we make up for it with our passion of everything Aggies.
This! I agree. Whenever I have gone on to vote, I have voted like 20-30 times or even more and I have been on it like 6 times seperate. I think some people voted for a long time when they voted. Also, Cougarboard had it at the top of their feed for the day but then took it off so any new fans can't really see it. The HURD and other facebook posts made it easily accesbile and I think we were able to get some students in on it.

Honestly I don't even think some of the other fan bases even know about this poll as some of the most highly rated and known players have like 0.4%...like Cassius Winston. I think if the fans of the schools of these other guys get a hold of the poll it could change dramatically since they have big fan bases, but we have a REALLY good head start. There have maybe been a day or so where fans from other schools like Marquette voted, but really right now Merrill and maybe Childs are really the only ones getting votes.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 13th, 2020, 4:35 pm

Cast Iron Aggie wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 4:10 pm
BigBlueDart wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

ChicAggie wrote:
My suspicion has been that it is a running tally of the last 24hrs or at least heavily weighted to recent votes and the overall total isn't public until the end. It would help with engagement from fans of lower ranks players as any surge in their voting could make it seem like they are coming back. Whenever one teams fans take the day off, they drop quickly in the polling.

Maybe I'm completely off base though.
:noidea:
Maybe. But, the percentage distributions (aside from large bursts by us, Marquette, and the BYU-Provo) have remained overwhelmingly consistent. We would see large fluctuations in relative percentages if it really were a 24 hour rolling average, or something like this.

This isn't the world's highest quality website. I think we're getting too deep into it here. The poll isn't so sophisticated that it's playing mind games with us. Open up and look at the source code, guys. It's just a simple little thing.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » February 13th, 2020, 5:41 pm

Oh BYU they are so weird. I got this in text from a friend. And i checked out cougarbored and they are fired up.

The Truth

Post by The Truth » February 13th, 2020, 6:12 pm

Aggiedude12 wrote:
Imagine that? Fans that are fanatical about their team.

Why does it seem that you are upset about this? Bots with reCaptcha? Really? Is it because you went on record about how BYU has some incredible number of fans and that little ol' USU could never compete? Is it because it eats you up inside to have a user name with "Aggie" in it while you post on an Aggie fan site? Or is it because after spending some time here you have come to the realization that cougarboard's format is antiquated, littered with a never ending amount of ads for the next big provo based MLM ripoff scheme, and is not even half as nice as USUFans?

I think someone's Y is showing through. :oops: :anonymous:
These users thanked the author The Truth for the post (total 3):
ProvoAggieosuaggieReal Life Aggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 13th, 2020, 6:51 pm

Aggiedude12 wrote:
Oh, Ben Criddle go away.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 13th, 2020, 7:22 pm

i love how CB went from "aggie tears, they can't beat the power of cougarboard let's make sure we win" to "this is stupid anyway, shows they have no life."

in their defense though, this is stupid anyway and neither fanbase has a life.
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 4):
sneedAGinNEIowaReal Life AggieTheAKAggie

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » February 14th, 2020, 8:35 am

Dang... Got some serious BYU trolls coming over here. How do you like your stay Aggiedude12?

Gotta be smarter if you want to go undetected. Saying that CougarBoard has a better format than USUFans is a clear giveaway. LMAO
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 5):
ThunderAggieReal Life AggieQuackAttackAggieTheAKAggiesneed

Stormblessed

Post by Stormblessed » February 14th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Looks like there are so many votes recorded now that it takes some serious numbers to move the needle even 0.1%. But there is plenty of time left to chip away if we get complacent.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » February 15th, 2020, 9:55 am

Looks like the Captcha has been improved/updated: today it required me to identify all the pictures with a specific object -- bicycles, buses, etc.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » February 15th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Gotta be quite the dilemma for some BYU fans....

Do they support their church by voting for the faithful returned missionary - Sam Merrill

Or do they give into their feelings of hate/pride by not supporting anyone who doesn’t attend BYU?
These users thanked the author Pacobag for the post (total 2):
ThunderAggiecdaAg

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Vote for Sam!

Post by TheAKAggie » February 15th, 2020, 3:33 pm

jpswensen wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 4:00 pm
National Brand.

But do they have hats in the mall (outside the Morridor)?
Nm

Hail Aggies!

Turtle

Post by Turtle » February 16th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Bump, never forget to vote!

gomretat

Post by gomretat » February 16th, 2020, 4:42 pm

Pacobag wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 1:59 pm
Gotta be quite the dilemma for some BYU fans....

Do they support their church by voting for the faithful returned missionary - Sam Merrill

Or do they give into their feelings of hate/pride by not supporting anyone who doesn’t attend BYU?
Their is no dilemma for BYU fans. Athletics always wins over church.....and honor code etc. They only play the church card when it helps with the image they want to portray.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 16th, 2020, 10:58 pm

Oh, dear. Sam is at 66.6%. I bet BYU would have something to say about that.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 16th, 2020, 11:25 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:Oh, dear. Sam is at 66.6%. I bet BYU would have something to say about that.
They'll be declaring victory any moment

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 16th, 2020, 11:39 pm

This brings back memories of when there was a poll on college football poll on who the best college football team was, and we would vote that we were #1 and be in the lead out front. And even run up our votes with macros. Eventually, all cause of us, they changed it so that you had to enter a code on that site.

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » February 17th, 2020, 12:49 am

I had been voting 15-20 times a day for a few weeks now. I had slacked off the last few days, hopped on tonight and was happy to see Merrill with the BIG lead! Love me some Aggie Nation!

usubobcat

Post by usubobcat » February 18th, 2020, 9:36 am

Here is another reminder to vote for Sam. Although he has a huge lead now, I would hate to see some other candidate overtake him with a big push at the end.

Classic Blunders:
1) Getting involved in a land war in Asia
2) Going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » February 18th, 2020, 9:46 am

I don't think Captcha knows what a crosswalk is.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 3):
usubobcatUSU78TheAKAggie

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » February 18th, 2020, 10:00 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 9:46 am
Are you sure you're not a robot?
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post:
NVAggie

Aggies All the Way!

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » February 18th, 2020, 10:06 am

dirtnsnow wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 10:00 am
BigBlueDart wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 9:46 am
Are you sure you're not a robot?
I'm sure your mom isn't.

These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post:
NVAggie

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » February 21st, 2020, 3:13 pm

Bump on the post to remind everyone to vote a time or tow.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 21st, 2020, 3:49 pm

Is it just me, or does Markus Howard's player card picture on the voting site make him look like Dennis Feinstein?

Locked Previous topicNext topic