USU still @55 after SDSU loss

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieSox
Posts: 988
Joined: August 6th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 15 times

USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by AggieSox » February 3rd, 2020, 7:02 pm

Image


I’m a bit surprised
These users thanked the author AggieSox for the post (total 3):
USU78BLUERUFiOWAAggie



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15682
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 334 times
Been thanked: 865 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 3rd, 2020, 7:52 pm

It is surprising, even after they kicked our @55.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiOWannabeAgAlumSl7vk



aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 969
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:29 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by aggies1 » February 4th, 2020, 9:37 am

Still in the next 4 out with Lunardi bracketology too. Although, we moved down a line and are now the last one on the list.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1152
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by scotlandog » February 4th, 2020, 12:31 pm

Jerry Palm has us in the first four play in game as an 11 seed. Florida is also in the first four play in. Teams ahead of us taking losses is moving us up. We avoid any bad losses and play like we have been of late, there is still a chance. I’d given up hope unless we beat sad SDSU but things are turning favorably towards us. LSU is a great win for us.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2661
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by GUS » February 4th, 2020, 12:38 pm

We could make it. Just got to take care of business here on out.



SwaggieAggie
Posts: 99
Joined: September 17th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by SwaggieAggie » February 4th, 2020, 9:04 pm

Despite the aggravating losses to AF and UNLV, our tournament resume really isn’t that bad.. Florida was a great win, and that LSU game could potentially be even more impressive than our marquee win against Nevada last year.

Still lots of work to do of course.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16346
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 680 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by NVAggie » February 5th, 2020, 9:05 am

JFW



WannabeAgAlum
Posts: 99
Joined: November 15th, 2012, 6:48 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by WannabeAgAlum » February 5th, 2020, 10:20 am

I don't care about this right now. Smith and our boys won't lose to the techs thrice in a row. Just play your best ball at tourney time and win the tourney. We have talent to do that and even win a first round game. We ALWAYS play better without a target on our back. If an at large bid for this team is possible come tourney time I think it will be a negative.



Usu0505
Posts: 544
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by Usu0505 » February 5th, 2020, 6:32 pm

WannabeAgAlum wrote:I don't care about this right now. Smith and our boys won't lose to the techs thrice in a row. Just play your best ball at tourney time and win the tourney. We have talent to do that and even win a first round game. We ALWAYS play better without a target on our back. If an at large bid for this team is possible come tourney time I think it will be a negative.
I have thought the same. Some teams thrive as Goliath, ie SDSU. Others do much better as the underdog. We are definitely in the under dog category with the personality and athleticism of our team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Jjoey52
Posts: 3308
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by Jjoey52 » February 5th, 2020, 11:29 pm

USU should move up in the net tomorrow, USU won, LSU and Florida also won.


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

AKAggie03
Posts: 379
Joined: May 12th, 2012, 7:27 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by AKAggie03 » February 5th, 2020, 11:33 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 11:29 pm
USU should move up in the net tomorrow, USU won, LSU and Florida also won.

LSU lost tonight to Vandy.... bad loss


--For every Aggie victory, I'm going streaking on the quad!

User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2202
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by bigblue » February 5th, 2020, 11:34 pm

AKAggie03 wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 11:29 pm
USU should move up in the net tomorrow, USU won, LSU and Florida also won.

LSU lost tonight to Vandy.... bad loss
Ouch... Glad we won tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2722
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by ineptimusprime » February 5th, 2020, 11:38 pm

We’re gonna need perfection the rest of the way. Let’s see if this team can dig deep and salvage their legacy.

Toughest game by far will be on the road against a well-rested CSU.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Jjoey52



Jjoey52
Posts: 3308
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by Jjoey52 » February 8th, 2020, 5:18 pm

Yale fell ten slots to 60, Aggies now 52.


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6839
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1004 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by USU78 » February 9th, 2020, 10:43 am

Up to 49 today.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2722
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by ineptimusprime » February 9th, 2020, 12:09 pm

As long as LSU doesn’t completely fall apart, if we win out regular season, I think we are in, and maybe a 10 seed.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15682
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 334 times
Been thanked: 865 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 9th, 2020, 12:45 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 12:09 pm
As long as LSU doesn’t completely fall apart, if we win out regular season, I think we are in, and maybe a 10 seed.
Understanding that they just lost to Vandy, LSU has a favorable schedule to finish out. They get Kentucky at home and have to go to Florida, but otherwise should win the rest.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1152
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by scotlandog » February 9th, 2020, 5:57 pm

Even with the Vandy loss, they only dropped a little ways. They have so many good Q1 and Q2 wins that one loss isn’t move the meter much. A Kentucky win should offset that loss. Really it’s so amazing we came back from down 19 on them. Great win


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



dogie
Posts: 3027
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by dogie » February 9th, 2020, 9:35 pm

LSU lost two games this week (Vanderbilt and Auburn) but dropped only three spots from 24 to 27. Losing to Auburn yesterday resulted in them moving up one spot.

Wichita State (43) lost by more than 30 today to Houston while Cincinnati (46) lost to UConn. It’s possible that the Aggies could move up two more spots in tomorrow’s rankings.

My prediction is that they will be at around 38 if they can win at CSU and FSU next week. A loss at CSU and a win at FSU would probably leave them at about 50.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1152
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by scotlandog » February 9th, 2020, 9:47 pm

We hit 30’s and we will be good for an at large. 40’s and we are right there on the bubble and probably looking good. We stay in the 50’s and we are out for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggie84025
Posts: 1668
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by Aggie84025 » February 12th, 2020, 10:49 am

Up to 45 with the win last night. Our games remaining won't move the needle to much, but if we keep wining we could enter the tournament at 40 or lower I would guess.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15682
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 334 times
Been thanked: 865 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 12th, 2020, 10:57 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 10:49 am
Up to 45 with the win last night. Our games remaining won't move the needle to much, but if we keep wining we could enter the tournament at 40 or lower I would guess.
LSU and Florida can move the needle for us. Do can North Texas if they keep winning.



Bank Shot
Posts: 356
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by Bank Shot » February 12th, 2020, 11:13 am

So. Florida coming off the upset of Memphis is at home vs. #25 Houston. Would be another Q1 win for them and improve our resume some. We really need Florida to right their ship (at Texas A&M tonight).

I agree that a lot of this is mental masturbation at this point and we need to just keep winning, but the guys excellent work on"Bracketology" has really helped keeping my interest up on this just from being a college BB fan. I don't even look at AP and Coaches polls anymore. To each his own...I know some look at this as being senseless from the "if we lose" angle and some of us take a "what if we don't lose" position.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6839
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1004 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by USU78 » February 12th, 2020, 12:16 pm

Sagarin has USU at # 37 right now.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Aggie84025
Posts: 1668
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by Aggie84025 » February 12th, 2020, 12:56 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 11:13 am
So. Florida coming off the upset of Memphis is at home vs. #25 Houston. Would be another Q1 win for them and improve our resume some. We really need Florida to right their ship (at Texas A&M tonight).

I agree that a lot of this is mental masturbation at this point and we need to just keep winning, but the guys excellent work on"Bracketology" has really helped keeping my interest up on this just from being a college BB fan. I don't even look at AP and Coaches polls anymore. To each his own...I know some look at this as being senseless from the "if we lose" angle and some of us take a "what if we don't lose" position.
I have never heard of the term mental masturbation before, I learned something new today.



Bank Shot
Posts: 356
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by Bank Shot » February 12th, 2020, 1:05 pm

It's similar to the affliction Fantasy players have known as "rosterbation".



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15682
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 334 times
Been thanked: 865 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 12th, 2020, 1:24 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 12:56 pm
Bank Shot wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 11:13 am
So. Florida coming off the upset of Memphis is at home vs. #25 Houston. Would be another Q1 win for them and improve our resume some. We really need Florida to right their ship (at Texas A&M tonight).

I agree that a lot of this is mental masturbation at this point and we need to just keep winning, but the guys excellent work on"Bracketology" has really helped keeping my interest up on this just from being a college BB fan. I don't even look at AP and Coaches polls anymore. To each his own...I know some look at this as being senseless from the "if we lose" angle and some of us take a "what if we don't lose" position.
I have never heard of the term mental masturbation before, I learned something new today.
Is it still mental masturbation if I let you guys do the thinking for me?



Bank Shot
Posts: 356
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by Bank Shot » February 12th, 2020, 1:26 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 1:24 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 12:56 pm
Bank Shot wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 11:13 am
So. Florida coming off the upset of Memphis is at home vs. #25 Houston. Would be another Q1 win for them and improve our resume some. We really need Florida to right their ship (at Texas A&M tonight).

I agree that a lot of this is mental masturbation at this point and we need to just keep winning, but the guys excellent work on"Bracketology" has really helped keeping my interest up on this just from being a college BB fan. I don't even look at AP and Coaches polls anymore. To each his own...I know some look at this as being senseless from the "if we lose" angle and some of us take a "what if we don't lose" position.
I have never heard of the term mental masturbation before, I learned something new today.
Is it still mental masturbation if I let you guys do the thinking for me?
Only if it's consensual .



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15682
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 334 times
Been thanked: 865 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 12th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Image



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16346
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 743 times
Been thanked: 680 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by NVAggie » February 12th, 2020, 1:48 pm

That's something you should only let your wife do. She should do all the thinking for you.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
hipsterdoofus21



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 658
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 801 times
Been thanked: 339 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 12th, 2020, 3:25 pm

NVAggie wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 1:48 pm
That's something you should only let your wife do. She should do all the thinking for you.
Nah, fam. Despite what my wife thinks, you can only have so many hand towels.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1152
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 130 times

USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by scotlandog » February 12th, 2020, 3:36 pm

I think the other thing we have going for us in the eyes of the committee when it comes time to select at large is the absence of Queta in the early season. He has now returned and settled in and his play has returned to a high level. The committee will be aware of this and have shown this type of consideration in the selection. I think if we show that at the end of the season, we have been playing at a high level now that we are healthy, some of the losses will be given an asterisk in their sight. That would only help us. If we now take a bad loss after having Queta playing well again, then that throws the whole thing out the window. It may not be a huge difference but it might swing the votes our way in a close team comparison during selection.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5094
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 12th, 2020, 3:56 pm

scotlandog wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 3:36 pm
I think the other thing we have going for us in the eyes of the committee when it comes time to select at large is the absence of Queta in the early season. He has now returned and settled in and his play has returned to a high level. The committee will be aware of this and have shown this type of consideration in the selection. I think if we show that at the end of the season, we have been playing at a high level now that we are healthy, some of the losses will be given an asterisk in their sight. That would only help us. If we now take a bad loss after having Queta playing well again, then that throws the whole thing out the window. It may not be a huge difference but it might swing the votes our way in a close team comparison during selection.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem is Queta DID play against Air Force. I know he wasn't at full strength, but the problem is if they even consider injuries at all, they look at being able to play as being able to play and don't care about full strength. Every team has guys get slightly dinged up through the year and play through it.



dogie
Posts: 3027
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by dogie » February 15th, 2020, 11:06 pm

The Aggies entered the day at #46. The 13 teams immediately ahead of USU went 5-6 today, with losses by Stanford, Northern Iowa, Illinois, Arkansas, VCU and Oklahoma. It will be interesting to see where the Aggies are ranked tomorrow.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8733
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3595 times
Been thanked: 1860 times
Contact:

Re: USU still @55 after SDSU loss

Post by aggies22 » February 15th, 2020, 11:16 pm

dogie wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 11:06 pm
The Aggies entered the day at #46. The 13 teams immediately ahead of USU went 5-6 today, with losses by Stanford, Northern Iowa, Illinois, Arkansas, VCU and Oklahoma. It will be interesting to see where the Aggies are ranked tomorrow.
Will you please post what you find?



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic