So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 1st, 2020, 10:19 pm

Why can't the Show just do their own thing? They got a good basketball program there, but such a poser filled student section.

ThunderAggie

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by ThunderAggie » February 1st, 2020, 10:21 pm

Did you see they had the life size Kawhi with a big head and hands. Just like the Queta we have behind the basket. There students are a bunch of losers that copy from other fan bases. SAD!
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
sneed

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 1st, 2020, 10:22 pm

Whining is for losers.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 1st, 2020, 10:23 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Why can't the Show just do their own thing? They got a good basketball program there, but such a poser filled student section.
They even had a large Queta sign rip off. They don’t know how to come up with anything on their own and look to us to rip off our ideas. The show is not that impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » February 1st, 2020, 10:23 pm

Wait till they patent it.
These users thanked the author Jjoey52 for the post:
sneed

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

freakboy

Post by freakboy » February 1st, 2020, 10:32 pm

To be fair, they are a winning team.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 1st, 2020, 10:51 pm

freakboy wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:32 pm
Eh, color me not too impressed. It's not like beating us is a huge accomplishment this year. AF, UNLV, and Boise all embarassed us. I don't see them reaching the sweet 16.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » February 1st, 2020, 11:04 pm

SDSU is good, but not that good. They have no business going undefeated. I bet they lose in the MWC tournament.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

Formerly TulsAGGIE

MarioWest

Post by MarioWest » February 1st, 2020, 11:22 pm

This is a USU-specific troll right? In, I think, 2013, I attended a La Tech/USU game that La Tech won by 20 or so.

Their 8-person student section did “winning team losing team.” I figured this happens with other teams in the the conference, but maybe not?

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » February 2nd, 2020, 8:58 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:19 pm
Why can't the Show just do their own thing? They got a good basketball program there, but such a poser filled student section.
The Sham has been stealing from us since their inception. It's why when the ubiquitous "best student section" argument comes up, only their fanbase thinks they're in the conversation. The best student section comes up with its own stuff. The Sham is a basically a festival of misappropriation. It's a Chinese or Pakistani knockoff sold to unsuspecting dupes by the guy with his trenchcoat open. It's not hard to deduce where the leaders of The Sham learn their pilfering ways, what with their proximity to Tijuana. Any red-blooded male college student who has fallen for the promised, yet empty seductions of a donkey show is going to (with the tingling of a zoonotic STD to spur him on) figure out the hack promotional basics of bad lighting and purloined goods.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
Bill_George

Bill_George

Post by Bill_George » February 2nd, 2020, 9:19 am

Last year the show almost became extinct .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » February 2nd, 2020, 12:37 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:51 pm
freakboy wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:32 pm
Eh, color me not too impressed. It's not like beating us is a huge accomplishment this year. AF, UNLV, and Boise all embarassed us. I don't see them reaching the sweet 16.
Exactly. They play a P5 conference schedule and they probably have 7-8 losses.

WAD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WAD » February 2nd, 2020, 3:12 pm

Easy to google and see where giant heads originated. SI wrote and article on it in 2013. https://www.si.com/college/2013/02/27/big-heads. Definitely SDSU

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 2nd, 2020, 3:30 pm

WAD wrote:Easy to google and see where giant heads originated. SI wrote and article on it in 2013. https://www.si.com/college/2013/02/27/big-heads. Definitely SDSU
The big head thing and stupid signs is one of the laziest crowd things ever. I’m not surprised it originated with The Sham. The giant Queta thing is original and has to do with Aggie basketball. His long arms and huge hands because he was the defensive player of the year. Makes sense.

Large heads of celebrities is so weak. It has nothing to do with the game or has any relevance. I hate that even our crowd uses large heads and cutouts of baby shark. It’s lazy and kills any originality. But that’s what I expect from SDSU. So congrats on the stupidest thing in college basketball.

These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
aggiesdotcom

RetiredShow

Post by RetiredShow » February 2nd, 2020, 3:48 pm

MarioWest wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 11:22 pm
This is a USU-specific troll right? In, I think, 2013, I attended a La Tech/USU game that La Tech won by 20 or so.

Their 8-person student section did “winning team losing team.” I figured this happens with other teams in the the conference, but maybe not?
You’re 100% correct. We don’t do winning team losing team, it’s just mocking gesture when we beat you since you do it. Imitation is the sincerely form of flattery :)

RetiredShow

Post by RetiredShow » February 2nd, 2020, 3:55 pm

scotlandog wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 3:30 pm
WAD wrote:Easy to google and see where giant heads originated. SI wrote and article on it in 2013. https://www.si.com/college/2013/02/27/big-heads. Definitely SDSU
The big head thing and stupid signs is one of the laziest crowd things ever. I’m not surprised it originated with The Sham. The giant Queta thing is original and has to do with Aggie basketball. His long arms and huge hands because he was the defensive player of the year. Makes sense.

Large heads of celebrities is so weak. It has nothing to do with the game or has any relevance. I hate that even our crowd uses large heads and cutouts of baby shark. It’s lazy and kills any originality. But that’s what I expect from SDSU. So congrats on the stupidest thing in college basketball.

UNLV did the “Queta” thing back in 2013, so you guys took it too. Back when the big heads first came out they were completely original and fun. No one had seen anything like it. Honestly it’s stale now because everyone does it and it has been 15 years since it’s creation. Our best original content is the “Muse - Uprising” song and chant. It has to be one of the best in the country. Plenty of things get copied but The Show started as basically the grassroots anti uniform student section. We were trolls before trolling was a word. “No one likes us, we don’t care” was the mantra. It has become more cookie cutter and corporate these days but I’d say it deserves respect just like your student section as one of the best in the country.
These users thanked the author RetiredShow for the post:
oleblu111

Full

Post by Full » February 2nd, 2020, 4:57 pm

I’ll just add I think the big heads take away from the intimidation the Hurd has at its height. The variations they had always gave something new for opposing players. Now it’s the same giant heads every shot. Get off my lawn!

frankiedoeshollywood

Post by frankiedoeshollywood » February 2nd, 2020, 7:50 pm

Yes. They stole it from the University of Ohio miami. Just like us.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » February 2nd, 2020, 8:14 pm

Full wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 4:57 pm
I’ll just add I think the big heads take away from the intimidation the Hurd has at its height. The variations they had always gave something new for opposing players. Now it’s the same giant heads every shot. Get off my lawn!
I remember watching BYU do that a few years ago and thinking it was a lazy free throw distraction. Queta one is cool but I wish they would get some new stuff going. Granted it’s not easy to come up with new creative free throw distractions..

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 2nd, 2020, 9:13 pm

frankiedoeshollywood wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 7:50 pm
Yes. They stole it from the University of Ohio miami. Just like us.

It’s an in conference thing man.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 3rd, 2020, 9:23 am

Dkdavis wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 8:14 pm
Full wrote:
I remember watching BYU do that a few years ago and thinking it was a lazy free throw distraction. Queta one is cool but I wish they would get some new stuff going. Granted it’s not easy to come up with new creative free throw distractions..
Agreed. I really enjoyed it for the Nevada game last year, but I'm mostly sick of it now. Why did we have to become a lazy student section that prints a couple of lame af signs and wave them around like idiots? Get some great mocking, chanting, creative distractions. Do something unique, not typical.

Also, get the front row guys some coaching on their timing. They rush every beat and chant. You don't need to say "Winning Team, Losing Team" quicker and quicker and quicker until it's unintelligible and falls apart. Be loud, clear, slow, and definitive. It makes the mocking stronger.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » February 3rd, 2020, 11:22 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:21 pm
Did you see they had the life size Kawhi with a big head and hands. Just like the Queta we have behind the basket. There students are a bunch of losers that copy from other fan bases. SAD!
It's been said that "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery".

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » February 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm

And we started doing all the cardboard cutout heads after them, and the pre game sway was a hbc thing long before we used it, etc, etc

Hail Aggies!

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » February 3rd, 2020, 3:47 pm

I think the only real point of contention in all of this is when SDSU fans claim they started "I Believe" or did it before us. Everything else here is just overreaction, likely stemming from angst over the I Believe thing. None of it really matters.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 2):
Lambchopshipsterdoofus21

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » February 3rd, 2020, 6:54 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:23 am
Dkdavis wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 8:14 pm
Full wrote:
Agreed. I really enjoyed it for the Nevada game last year, but I'm mostly sick of it now. Why did we have to become a lazy student section that prints a couple of lame af signs and wave them around like idiots? Get some great mocking, chanting, creative distractions. Do something unique, not typical.

Also, get the front row guys some coaching on their timing. They rush every beat and chant. You don't need to say "Winning Team, Losing Team" quicker and quicker and quicker until it's unintelligible and falls apart. Be loud, clear, slow, and definitive. It makes the mocking stronger.
I saw them try to start something other than the signs once but because everyone had signs they didn’t follow it at all. Which it wouldn’t be hard to spread the word that you were going to start something new. Use whiteboards, spread it by word of mouth, and talk to the people who are doing the refraction news letter and get it in there. People aren’t going to catch on though unless you “notify” them because they will be blocking their own view with a sign.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » February 3rd, 2020, 9:58 pm

Maybe don’t put the signs out?

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
Dkdavis

Hail Aggies!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 3rd, 2020, 10:28 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:58 pm
Maybe don’t put the signs out?

Maybe the students could start a chant like “don’t pull out, don’t pull out, don’t pull out the signs.”
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Dkdavis

Locked Previous topicNext topic