So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16366
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 930 times
Been thanked: 1467 times

So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 1st, 2020, 10:19 pm

Why can't the Show just do their own thing? They got a good basketball program there, but such a poser filled student section.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1396
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by ThunderAggie » February 1st, 2020, 10:21 pm

Did you see they had the life size Kawhi with a big head and hands. Just like the Queta we have behind the basket. There students are a bunch of losers that copy from other fan bases. SAD!
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
sneed



utaggies
Posts: 5424
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 202 times
Been thanked: 207 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by utaggies » February 1st, 2020, 10:22 pm

Whining is for losers.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1360
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by scotlandog » February 1st, 2020, 10:23 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Why can't the Show just do their own thing? They got a good basketball program there, but such a poser filled student section.
They even had a large Queta sign rip off. They don’t know how to come up with anything on their own and look to us to rip off our ideas. The show is not that impressive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Jjoey52
Posts: 3626
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by Jjoey52 » February 1st, 2020, 10:23 pm

Wait till they patent it.
These users thanked the author Jjoey52 for the post:
sneed


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

User avatar
freakboy
Posts: 1219
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by freakboy » February 1st, 2020, 10:32 pm

To be fair, they are a winning team.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16366
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 930 times
Been thanked: 1467 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 1st, 2020, 10:51 pm

freakboy wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:32 pm
To be fair, they are a winning team.
Eh, color me not too impressed. It's not like beating us is a huge accomplishment this year. AF, UNLV, and Boise all embarassed us. I don't see them reaching the sweet 16.



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 5785
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by Mr. Sneelock » February 1st, 2020, 11:04 pm

SDSU is good, but not that good. They have no business going undefeated. I bet they lose in the MWC tournament.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
hipsterdoofus21


Formerly TulsAGGIE

User avatar
MarioWest
Posts: 770
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:48 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by MarioWest » February 1st, 2020, 11:22 pm

This is a USU-specific troll right? In, I think, 2013, I attended a La Tech/USU game that La Tech won by 20 or so.

Their 8-person student section did “winning team losing team.” I figured this happens with other teams in the the conference, but maybe not?



Ahbye
Posts: 1807
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by Ahbye » February 2nd, 2020, 8:58 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:19 pm
Why can't the Show just do their own thing? They got a good basketball program there, but such a poser filled student section.
The Sham has been stealing from us since their inception. It's why when the ubiquitous "best student section" argument comes up, only their fanbase thinks they're in the conversation. The best student section comes up with its own stuff. The Sham is a basically a festival of misappropriation. It's a Chinese or Pakistani knockoff sold to unsuspecting dupes by the guy with his trenchcoat open. It's not hard to deduce where the leaders of The Sham learn their pilfering ways, what with their proximity to Tijuana. Any red-blooded male college student who has fallen for the promised, yet empty seductions of a donkey show is going to (with the tingling of a zoonotic STD to spur him on) figure out the hack promotional basics of bad lighting and purloined goods.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
Bill_George



User avatar
Bill_George
Posts: 36
Joined: December 5th, 2014, 9:48 am
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by Bill_George » February 2nd, 2020, 9:19 am

Last year the show almost became extinct .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk




User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1396
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by ThunderAggie » February 2nd, 2020, 12:37 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:51 pm
freakboy wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:32 pm
To be fair, they are a winning team.
Eh, color me not too impressed. It's not like beating us is a huge accomplishment this year. AF, UNLV, and Boise all embarassed us. I don't see them reaching the sweet 16.
Exactly. They play a P5 conference schedule and they probably have 7-8 losses.



WAD
Posts: 1
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 3:06 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by WAD » February 2nd, 2020, 3:12 pm

Easy to google and see where giant heads originated. SI wrote and article on it in 2013. https://www.si.com/college/2013/02/27/big-heads. Definitely SDSU



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1360
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by scotlandog » February 2nd, 2020, 3:30 pm

WAD wrote:Easy to google and see where giant heads originated. SI wrote and article on it in 2013. https://www.si.com/college/2013/02/27/big-heads. Definitely SDSU
The big head thing and stupid signs is one of the laziest crowd things ever. I’m not surprised it originated with The Sham. The giant Queta thing is original and has to do with Aggie basketball. His long arms and huge hands because he was the defensive player of the year. Makes sense.

Large heads of celebrities is so weak. It has nothing to do with the game or has any relevance. I hate that even our crowd uses large heads and cutouts of baby shark. It’s lazy and kills any originality. But that’s what I expect from SDSU. So congrats on the stupidest thing in college basketball.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
aggiesdotcom



RetiredShow
Posts: 2
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 3:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by RetiredShow » February 2nd, 2020, 3:48 pm

MarioWest wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 11:22 pm
This is a USU-specific troll right? In, I think, 2013, I attended a La Tech/USU game that La Tech won by 20 or so.

Their 8-person student section did “winning team losing team.” I figured this happens with other teams in the the conference, but maybe not?
You’re 100% correct. We don’t do winning team losing team, it’s just mocking gesture when we beat you since you do it. Imitation is the sincerely form of flattery :)



RetiredShow
Posts: 2
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 3:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by RetiredShow » February 2nd, 2020, 3:55 pm

scotlandog wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 3:30 pm
WAD wrote:Easy to google and see where giant heads originated. SI wrote and article on it in 2013. https://www.si.com/college/2013/02/27/big-heads. Definitely SDSU
The big head thing and stupid signs is one of the laziest crowd things ever. I’m not surprised it originated with The Sham. The giant Queta thing is original and has to do with Aggie basketball. His long arms and huge hands because he was the defensive player of the year. Makes sense.

Large heads of celebrities is so weak. It has nothing to do with the game or has any relevance. I hate that even our crowd uses large heads and cutouts of baby shark. It’s lazy and kills any originality. But that’s what I expect from SDSU. So congrats on the stupidest thing in college basketball.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UNLV did the “Queta” thing back in 2013, so you guys took it too. Back when the big heads first came out they were completely original and fun. No one had seen anything like it. Honestly it’s stale now because everyone does it and it has been 15 years since it’s creation. Our best original content is the “Muse - Uprising” song and chant. It has to be one of the best in the country. Plenty of things get copied but The Show started as basically the grassroots anti uniform student section. We were trolls before trolling was a word. “No one likes us, we don’t care” was the mantra. It has become more cookie cutter and corporate these days but I’d say it deserves respect just like your student section as one of the best in the country.
These users thanked the author RetiredShow for the post:
oleblu111



Full
Posts: 1861
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has thanked: 233 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by Full » February 2nd, 2020, 4:57 pm

I’ll just add I think the big heads take away from the intimidation the Hurd has at its height. The variations they had always gave something new for opposing players. Now it’s the same giant heads every shot. Get off my lawn!



frankiedoeshollywood
Posts: 586
Joined: March 7th, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by frankiedoeshollywood » February 2nd, 2020, 7:50 pm

Yes. They stole it from the University of Ohio miami. Just like us.




Dkdavis
Posts: 271
Joined: January 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by Dkdavis » February 2nd, 2020, 8:14 pm

Full wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 4:57 pm
I’ll just add I think the big heads take away from the intimidation the Hurd has at its height. The variations they had always gave something new for opposing players. Now it’s the same giant heads every shot. Get off my lawn!
I remember watching BYU do that a few years ago and thinking it was a lazy free throw distraction. Queta one is cool but I wish they would get some new stuff going. Granted it’s not easy to come up with new creative free throw distractions..



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16366
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 930 times
Been thanked: 1467 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 2nd, 2020, 9:13 pm

frankiedoeshollywood wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 7:50 pm
Yes. They stole it from the University of Ohio miami. Just like us.

It’s an in conference thing man.



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 2302
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 2445 times
Been thanked: 853 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 3rd, 2020, 9:23 am

Dkdavis wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 8:14 pm
Full wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 4:57 pm
I’ll just add I think the big heads take away from the intimidation the Hurd has at its height. The variations they had always gave something new for opposing players. Now it’s the same giant heads every shot. Get off my lawn!
I remember watching BYU do that a few years ago and thinking it was a lazy free throw distraction. Queta one is cool but I wish they would get some new stuff going. Granted it’s not easy to come up with new creative free throw distractions..
Agreed. I really enjoyed it for the Nevada game last year, but I'm mostly sick of it now. Why did we have to become a lazy student section that prints a couple of lame af signs and wave them around like idiots? Get some great mocking, chanting, creative distractions. Do something unique, not typical.

Also, get the front row guys some coaching on their timing. They rush every beat and chant. You don't need to say "Winning Team, Losing Team" quicker and quicker and quicker until it's unintelligible and falls apart. Be loud, clear, slow, and definitive. It makes the mocking stronger.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2281
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 280 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by NavyBlueAggie » February 3rd, 2020, 11:22 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:21 pm
Did you see they had the life size Kawhi with a big head and hands. Just like the Queta we have behind the basket. There students are a bunch of losers that copy from other fan bases. SAD!
It's been said that "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery".



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 6099
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by TheAKAggie » February 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm

And we started doing all the cardboard cutout heads after them, and the pre game sway was a hbc thing long before we used it, etc, etc


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8132
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by BigBlueDart » February 3rd, 2020, 3:47 pm

I think the only real point of contention in all of this is when SDSU fans claim they started "I Believe" or did it before us. Everything else here is just overreaction, likely stemming from angst over the I Believe thing. None of it really matters.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 2):
Lambchopshipsterdoofus21



Dkdavis
Posts: 271
Joined: January 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by Dkdavis » February 3rd, 2020, 6:54 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:23 am
Dkdavis wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 8:14 pm
Full wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 4:57 pm
I’ll just add I think the big heads take away from the intimidation the Hurd has at its height. The variations they had always gave something new for opposing players. Now it’s the same giant heads every shot. Get off my lawn!
I remember watching BYU do that a few years ago and thinking it was a lazy free throw distraction. Queta one is cool but I wish they would get some new stuff going. Granted it’s not easy to come up with new creative free throw distractions..
Agreed. I really enjoyed it for the Nevada game last year, but I'm mostly sick of it now. Why did we have to become a lazy student section that prints a couple of lame af signs and wave them around like idiots? Get some great mocking, chanting, creative distractions. Do something unique, not typical.

Also, get the front row guys some coaching on their timing. They rush every beat and chant. You don't need to say "Winning Team, Losing Team" quicker and quicker and quicker until it's unintelligible and falls apart. Be loud, clear, slow, and definitive. It makes the mocking stronger.
I saw them try to start something other than the signs once but because everyone had signs they didn’t follow it at all. Which it wouldn’t be hard to spread the word that you were going to start something new. Use whiteboards, spread it by word of mouth, and talk to the people who are doing the refraction news letter and get it in there. People aren’t going to catch on though unless you “notify” them because they will be blocking their own view with a sign.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 6099
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by TheAKAggie » February 3rd, 2020, 9:58 pm

Maybe don’t put the signs out?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
Dkdavis


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16366
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 930 times
Been thanked: 1467 times

Re: So now they've stolen Winning Team Losing Team?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 3rd, 2020, 10:28 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:58 pm
Maybe don’t put the signs out?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe the students could start a chant like “don’t pull out, don’t pull out, don’t pull out the signs.”
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Dkdavis



Locked Previous topicNext topic