Those that were alive in 1980

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Those that were alive in 1980

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 31st, 2020, 11:11 pm

Where were you when you first heard about the "Miracle on Ice"? Can you for instance still remember going to church or school and seeing how stunned everyone was? Do you remember watching the game with your dad and your dad telling you that he KNOWS USA isn't going to win and just hopes for a respectable showing? Or your dad taking you to do something else, knowing you didn't need to watch the game cause USA was going to get creamed? And people thinking it was a joke when others were saying that USA beat Russia.

One thing that's for sure is that Abel Porter likely knows alot of people who were dejected about it.

As random as I can be at times, the timing of posting this is anything but random!
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
Jjoey52

Jjoey52

Re: Those that were alive in 1980

Post by Jjoey52 » February 1st, 2020, 7:28 pm

I remember hearing about it that night, and watched a good chunk of the game vs Finland. I did not realize the significance of it for a few weeks. It was a great morale booster for the country as Carter was getting hammered in everything he touched and the economy was having double digit inflation, and finally we had Americans kidnapped in Iran. This was sorely needed.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Locked Previous topicNext topic