Best play of the night.....

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mcaggie1

Best play of the night.....

Post by mcaggie1 » January 22nd, 2020, 10:32 am

for me...or should I say best moment of the night, came at 5:14 left in the game. The play by play guy had been raving about Justin Bean just a few minutes before on the alley oop dunk shot. Then just a bit later Brito took a pass in the near corner and put up a 3. It bounced high, and you could see Bean turning and hustling down the lane. He jumped high over everybody and tried to slam it, but was a bit off. Never the less, the announcer, on seeing Bean's elevation over everyone exclaimed.." Oh Lord". It made me laugh with glee. Bean's "Jardine-esque" play was a thing of beauty. If it had gone in, it would have been in the ESPN top 10. Oh Lord.....that was a fun thing to watch.
Last edited by mcaggie1 on January 23rd, 2020, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post:
ThunderAggie

ThunderAggie

Re: Best play of the night.....

Post by ThunderAggie » January 22nd, 2020, 10:41 am

Yeah that was so close to being AMAZING! Definitely would have been a SC top 10 for last night...maybe even top 10 of the week when all would have been said and done.

Yossarian

Re: Best play of the night.....

Post by Yossarian » January 22nd, 2020, 3:53 pm

For me it was the play after a made AFA basket. Bean sprinted down the court and got behind the defense. A quick inbound pass, a dribble and a pass to an open Bean for a fast break layup right after a made basket. We never do that and it caught them off guard. I don't know why we don't push the ball up the floor faster. All of our guys can run, even Queta. We could get more easy baskets in the fast break/early offense if we looked for them. Sometimes I think we get too bogged down in half court sets.

The one caveat to this -- the guys need to know when the opportunity isn't there and not force up a shot in a one-on-two situation. If it's not there for an early basket - then set up into the dribble hand-off offense that we run.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic