Least Likeable Team In My Lifetime.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Mr. Sneelock

Least Likeable Team In My Lifetime.

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm

Seriously. I kinda hate this team.

:anonymous: :anonymous: :anonymous: :puke:
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni

Formerly TulsAGGIE

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: Least Likeable Team In My Lifetime.

Post by QuackAttackAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:53 pm

Not the case for me. But the most frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 18th, 2020, 10:54 pm

I let myself but into the preseason and early season hype. I'm done now.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 18th, 2020, 10:56 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm

To me this a little over board. Sure it is has been frustrating, but these are good men on this team with high character. I certainly am not happy, but these players represent the university and state very well.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
ThunderAggie

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » January 18th, 2020, 10:56 pm

I don’t dislike them but they definitely don’t seem to care like they did last year. No longer the lovable underdog. Just like football. Seems like everyone is just waiting for something bad to happen and then it does and we fold

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 18th, 2020, 10:58 pm

I like our guys a lot. They are really disappointing though. Like REALLLLY disappointing.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
ChupamediaFormer_USU_Alumni

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 18th, 2020, 11:05 pm

Ok, maybe I should revise my statement. I think they are mostly good dudes, but they they are soft. They lack heart and toughness.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

kofdog

Post by kofdog » January 18th, 2020, 11:07 pm

Yeah that’s a bit much, I disliked all of Dureya’s team more worse but there’s something about this team this year that is just wrong
These users thanked the author kofdog for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:11 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:54 pm
I let myself but into the preseason and early season hype. I'm done now.
I did too man. I usually stay pretty grounded when it comes to USU athletics but man I got way too high on them.. I’m taking a break now.

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » January 18th, 2020, 11:18 pm

I mean, the 2013-14 team all hated each other and left the team en masse as soon as the final buzzer sounded in the MWC tournament.
These users thanked the author aggieguy13 for the post (total 3):
Former_USU_AlumniReal Life AggieMrBiggle

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » January 20th, 2020, 9:33 am

I really like these guys. Obviously, I wish we were winning. But I'm not gonna throw a tantrum like a 4-year old ("I HATE YOU! THIS IS THE WORST TEAM EVER!") just because they aren't perfect. Get over yourself, man, and blow your expectations out the sphincter on your face.

Did you only like these guys before because they were winning? Liking someone for winning, and then not liking them when they aren't winning sounds like the definition of a fake fan.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 4):
MrBigglevegasaggiebigblueAggie in Boise

Aggie75

Post by Aggie75 » January 20th, 2020, 9:47 am

Like many who caught the game Saturday night I was furious and made the mistake of expressing myself at that time. With days of reflection my emotions have calmed considerably. Nevertheless I hope this is a month I can forget because it has been quite unbelieveable. Watching the last three and a half minutes of regulation was awful and no matter how loud I screamed at the TV there was nothing I could do. Listening to post game comments from the media and knowing it was broadcast by ESPN only added to the embarrassment. These players have to own these three games. Life will go on for all of us, but the taste will linger for a long long time for them. I guess that's the way it should be.
These users thanked the author Aggie75 for the post (total 4):
Mr. SneelockReal Life AggievegasaggieAggie in Boise

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 20th, 2020, 10:05 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 9:33 am
I really like these guys. Obviously, I wish we were winning. But I'm not gonna throw a tantrum like a 4-year old ("I HATE YOU! THIS IS THE WORST TEAM EVER!") just because they aren't perfect. Get over yourself, man, and blow your expectations out the sphincter on your face.

Did you only like these guys before because they were winning? Liking someone for winning, and then not liking them when they aren't winning sounds like the definition of a fake fan.
My emotions have calmed somewhat too, but I still feel like the problems are the same. And I never said I disliked the guys. I don't know any of them personally, but they all seem like great guys. I said that I was starting to dislike the team. What I mean by that is I dislike how soft they are. I dislike how they are mostly slow and unathletic, but can't shoot. I don't like how they seem to fold in the face of adversity. I don't like how it seems like effort is lacking at times. I dislike how they go on these long scoring droughts seemingly every game. I dislike how they have a tendency to make lazy passes. I hate that they can seem to shoot just fine against Eastern Oregon and other glorified JC teams, but clank wide-open shots against everyone else. I dislike that they can't seem to get Merrill open (defenses focus on him), and nobody else ever seems to step up. I dislike that they miss wide open shot after wide open shot, and are the worst 3 pt shooting team in the conference. I dislike that Coach Smith rarely calls a timeout when the other team is on a run to stop the momentum. I dislike the incredible untimely turnovers. I dislike the fact that despite Brito absolutely crapping the bed, Smith continued to play him, and have him inbound the ball. I hate how they flop. I hate it when other teams do it, and I hate it when our team does it. I hate how despite showing promise at the start of the season, Kuba can't get off the bench - is he in the doghouse? Why? Most of all, I had high expectations because I know what they are capable of. I have seen it. And I hate that I am not seeing it now.

They're soft, they lack the killer instinct that good teams seem to have, and at times it seems like the effort is lacking. Chemistry seems off.

I don't hate the guys. I am sure they are great dudes. I don't expect them to be perfect. However, I do expect them to play with effort, show some heart, and play like the defending MWC champ basketball players they are. I love me some Justin Bean. If everyone played like him, I would like this team a lot more. I love Queta down low. Merrill is a great player (despite the constant flopping) but he needs some help.

That game was embarrassing for me as a fan, and I hope the players and coaches are embarrassed. They should be.

So save your "fake fan" and "face sphincter" insults.

My emotions also have calmed, and I am not as pissed off as I was on Saturday night. Still, pretty much all of the above still holds. I guess I am mostly just disappointed.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post (total 3):
2004AGReal Life Aggievegasaggie

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » January 20th, 2020, 10:14 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:54 pm
I let myself buy into the preseason and early season hype. I'm done now.
I am so glad I didn't because I think I would feel the exact same way. I am far more disappointed in our football season than this hoops one so I do relate to the feeling.

I didn't buy in to the preseason ranking and all that because we did not have Queta. Now that ended up not mattering as much as I thought it would in the very early games and even against some of our tougher OOC games but knowing he was going to sit out several games to start the year and that he would be out of shape and take some time to work his way back if/when he did come back made me think we would drop quite a few games. I said before the season started that I would be shocked if we won the MWC again despite the hype.

Both UNM and SDSU had lots of weapons just sitting on their bench that were ineligible to play last year and I expected it to come down to the two of them. I did not see UNLV throwing their hat in the ring and they still may fade but they are exceeding any expectations I had for them.

We won last year because we had an unknown freshman Queta that was a complete game changer on both ends of the court and no one saw it coming and most did not have an answer for him. For as great as Sam and coach Smith are/were for the program, they are only going so far....Queta was the one that changed the fortune for the Aggies last year (and he is the one that could still change it this year).
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
Mr. Sneelock

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » January 20th, 2020, 10:36 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 10:05 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 9:33 am

So save your "fake fan" and "face sphincter" insults.

My emotions also have calmed, and I am not as pissed off as I was on Saturday night. Still, pretty much all of the above still holds. I guess I am mostly just disappointed.
Hey man, I liked that insult. I couldn't say (I can't express myself without swearing) because it gets filtered out.

Both you and Aggie75 had some good follow up posts. As someone who avoided the boards after the game, I shouldn't have read your statements from a calm perspective on Monday morning. For what it's worth, I agree with every statement that you made.

I still stand by my definition of fake fans. However, anyone who's been to games with me, or road tripped with me, knows that I don't typically stay level-headed when things take a turn for the worst. My lack of composure typically turns to increased heckling of the opposing teams. So, I empathize when your passion for the game/team results in something you wouldn't say with a clearer head. I don't think you're a fake fan and I apologize for the thinly-veiled accusation.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 2):
aggieguy13Mr. Sneelock

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » January 20th, 2020, 10:55 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm

:headscratch: :disappointed:

Where only sage brush grows

AmericanAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by AmericanAggie » January 20th, 2020, 11:09 am

Hahahaha this is so ridiculous. I'm not sure how long Sneelock has been a fan, but this is a ridiculous hot take.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 20th, 2020, 11:54 am

AmericanAggie wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 11:09 am
Hahahaha this is so ridiculous. I'm not sure how long Sneelock has been a fan, but this is a ridiculous hot take.
A long time.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Locked Previous topicNext topic