BSU Head Coach Ejected...

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TexAg
Posts: 4
Joined: December 2nd, 2019, 5:10 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by TexAg » January 15th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Just got thrown out of the game at Air Force, I looked away from the TV for like 2 seconds and he was charging a ref. Anyone know what happened?



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 15th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Wanted to give Shooter, I mean Timmy, a chance to show he wasn’t a lost cause?



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12717
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 588 times
Been thanked: 698 times
Contact:

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by ProvoAggie » January 15th, 2020, 8:19 pm

They said that he was just mad at a bunch of bad calls tonight...nothing in particular. The ejection means that Duryea get's another chance to be a head coach if only for a night.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5511
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 15th, 2020, 9:54 pm

While Stew and Duryea never got ejected from a game and Smith hasn't yet, I did hear that Dutch Belnap got ejected once in a road game.

Our old quarterback, Darell Garretson, had an uncle who is an NBA ref. He was always frustrated with the refs we would have at our basketball games cause they weren't as good as his uncle. He said that he knew what a foul was and that one thing he learned is that you don't ref the offense, you ref the defense cause the offense can make it look like their shot is hampered by a foul every time. I searched what other notable games he worked and found that he ejected Jerry Sloan from games several times.

There was also a game here where Long Beach State had their coach ejected.

And of all places, Air Force is one place where players and coaches have to be careful not to do too much in the hallway after the get ejected or even lose, cause of how military police take threats very seriously and statutes are enhanced being federal property.



Usu0505
Posts: 550
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by Usu0505 » January 15th, 2020, 10:07 pm

Larry Eustacy had to have been ejected from at least one game in his USU tenure. Guy had the shortest temper of any coach Iv ever seen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



SectionBAggie
Posts: 1205
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 9:04 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by SectionBAggie » January 15th, 2020, 10:25 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 9:54 pm
There was also a game here where Long Beach State had their coach ejected.
That would have been Seth Greenberg - the talking head of ESPN fame now.

He hated Logan and seemed very willing to jump on the "it was the crowd's fault" bandwagon after last year's Nevada and the Fire Extinguisher incident.

After several blanket statements about how out of control our crowd is, I don't think he ever issued a retraction.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5511
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 15th, 2020, 10:38 pm

SectionBAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 10:25 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 9:54 pm
There was also a game here where Long Beach State had their coach ejected.
That would have been Seth Greenberg - the talking head of ESPN fame now.

He hated Logan and seemed very willing to jump on the "it was the crowd's fault" bandwagon after last year's Nevada and the Fire Extinguisher incident.

After several blanket statements about how out of control our crowd is, I don't think he ever issued a retraction.
It also happened with Dan Monson



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9691
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4975 times
Been thanked: 2964 times
Contact:

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by aggies22 » January 16th, 2020, 5:51 am

SectionBAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 10:25 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 9:54 pm
There was also a game here where Long Beach State had their coach ejected.
That would have been Seth Greenberg - the talking head of ESPN fame now.

He hated Logan and seemed very willing to jump on the "it was the crowd's fault" bandwagon after last year's Nevada and the Fire Extinguisher incident.

After several blanket statements about how out of control our crowd is, I don't think he ever issued a retraction.
He did not apologize. No one at ESPN ever apologized and a few anchors made some pretty uneducated remarks.
Last edited by aggies22 on January 16th, 2020, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.



Agzrule
Posts: 811
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:16 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by Agzrule » January 16th, 2020, 7:18 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 5:51 am
SectionBAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 10:25 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 9:54 pm
There was also a game here where Long Beach State had their coach ejected.
That would have been Seth Greenberg - the talking head of ESPN fame now.

He hated Logan and seemed very willing to jump on the "it was the crowd's fault" bandwagon after last year's Nevada and the Fire Extinguisher incident.

After several blanket statements about how out of control our crowd is, I don't think he ever issued a retraction.
He did not. No one at ESPN did and a few anchors made some pretty uneducated remarks.
Greenberg actually did make remarks about how terrible our fans were, he also carried his hate to Twitter



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5511
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 16th, 2020, 7:33 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 5:51 am
SectionBAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 10:25 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 9:54 pm
There was also a game here where Long Beach State had their coach ejected.
That would have been Seth Greenberg - the talking head of ESPN fame now.

He hated Logan and seemed very willing to jump on the "it was the crowd's fault" bandwagon after last year's Nevada and the Fire Extinguisher incident.

After several blanket statements about how out of control our crowd is, I don't think he ever issued a retraction.
He did not. No one at ESPN did and a few anchors made some pretty uneducated remarks.



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4336
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 165 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by aceofspadeskb » January 16th, 2020, 8:02 am

I think Aggies22 is saying he did not RETRACT what he said. Not that he didn't say anything.
These users thanked the author aceofspadeskb for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9691
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4975 times
Been thanked: 2964 times
Contact:

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by aggies22 » January 16th, 2020, 8:05 am

Agzrule wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 7:18 am
aggies22 wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 5:51 am
SectionBAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 10:25 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 9:54 pm
There was also a game here where Long Beach State had their coach ejected.
That would have been Seth Greenberg - the talking head of ESPN fame now.

He hated Logan and seemed very willing to jump on the "it was the crowd's fault" bandwagon after last year's Nevada and the Fire Extinguisher incident.

After several blanket statements about how out of control our crowd is, I don't think he ever issued a retraction.
He did not. No one at ESPN did and a few anchors made some pretty uneducated remarks.
Greenberg actually did make remarks about how terrible our fans were, he also carried his hate to Twitter
After re-reading my post, I've added some clarification. I was agreeing with the original poster the neither Greenberg nor anyone else at ESPN ever apologized for their rash uneducated comments.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Agzrule



BigSkyAG
Posts: 108
Joined: November 23rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by BigSkyAG » January 16th, 2020, 12:12 pm

My favorite part of the Espn story was the somber tone of the anchor when he said "Caroline cut his hand on the glass." Poor victimized Jordan....he had no other choice but to punch that glass.
These users thanked the author BigSkyAG for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21aggies22



Bank Shot
Posts: 430
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by Bank Shot » January 16th, 2020, 12:56 pm

Reading the BSU board shows that we aren't the only one that has issues with Dave Hall.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-sta ... 142083738/



tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG
Posts: 467
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 8:17 am
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by tipitup » January 16th, 2020, 4:25 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 10:38 pm
SectionBAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 10:25 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 9:54 pm
There was also a game here where Long Beach State had their coach ejected.
That would have been Seth Greenberg - the talking head of ESPN fame now.

He hated Logan and seemed very willing to jump on the "it was the crowd's fault" bandwagon after last year's Nevada and the Fire Extinguisher incident.

After several blanket statements about how out of control our crowd is, I don't think he ever issued a retraction.
It also happened with Dan Monson
i love the left right chant as he leaves the arena!!!! classic!



User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 439
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by frankiesaysrelax » January 16th, 2020, 6:22 pm

I wish the title of this thread was “BSU Head Coach Dejected”.



coolag
Posts: 1228
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: BSU Head Coach Ejected...

Post by coolag » January 16th, 2020, 6:54 pm

Our fans are terrible and beyond human decency. It is their fault that rice was kicked out of their game.



Locked Previous topicNext topic