Question for folks that probably know?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggiesdidwhat

Question for folks that probably know?

Post by aggiesdidwhat » January 5th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Why don't we ever post up our big guys. I mean even the 3rd string big guy that has been playing is relatively athletic for how big he is. They don't seem to be your normal dopey 7 footers. I always wonder why they are always outside near the 3. Why not just try. I feel like we could get 6 to 10 more pts per game. At least maybe it can open up some passing. I've seen all our centers hit little jump hooks. Just curious why we don't even go low at all?

Thanks guys!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Re: Question for folks that probably know?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 5th, 2020, 8:45 pm

Because “analytics” say that post ups are inefficient, as are mid range jumpers, and all teams should do is shoot threes and try for transition dunks. Apparently SDSU is an outlier though because their big posted up constantly and fearlessly and they shot plenty of mid-range baskets.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggieFBObsession

scotlandog

Re: Question for folks that probably know?

Post by scotlandog » January 5th, 2020, 9:49 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:Why don't we ever post up our big guys. I mean even the 3rd string big guy that has been playing is relatively athletic for how big he is. They don't seem to be your normal dopey 7 footers. I always wonder why they are always outside near the 3. Why not just try. I feel like we could get 6 to 10 more pts per game. At least maybe it can open up some passing. I've seen all our centers hit little jump hooks. Just curious why we don't even go low at all?

Thanks guys!
I’ve been hoping for this for a while now. Queta against SDSU was doing a pretty good job of posting up, he just needs to get deeper before he catches the ball. Groot has been the best at getting position before getting the ball though he hasn’t played much. Dorious does a pretty good job of backing his guy down but also catches the ball too far away. We need to do pick and roll plays like UNLV was doing to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic