Rollie Worster

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BigSkyAG

Rollie Worster

Post by BigSkyAG » January 4th, 2020, 1:54 pm

I had the opportunity to watch this kid last night. He was close to a quadruple double in points, rebounds, steals, and assists. I went to the Great Falls Tribune's box score this morning to see if he got it done but even the tribune said "we lost count of assists and steals in the second half."
Not to disparage the bb talent of my own state but, I have to admit that I was skeptical of the offer to this kid initially. After all, 6'3" kids who can shoot are a dime a dozen in the beehive state. Worster can shoot to be sure, but he has the physique of a Brady Jardine as an 18 year old and the lateral quickness of a Kevin Nixon (yeah I'm going back aways). Perimeter defense is not usually a sexy selling point, but after watching some our perimeter "defense" this year, I doubt he redshirts.
Kohn, Eustachy, even the Great One had their share of recruiting whiffs, but I just dont see this staff missing on too many recruits. I'm excited to see a backcourt of Ashworth and Worster for four years. Go Ags.
These users thanked the author BigSkyAG for the post (total 5):
Roy McAvoyslcaggaggies22MetsJetsAggiestreesap32

ChicAggie

Re: Rollie Worster

Post by ChicAggie » January 4th, 2020, 1:56 pm

Great post, BSAg. Your analysis may or may not be 100% spot on, but you bought yourself a lot of credibility with the Kevin Nixon reference. ;)
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » January 4th, 2020, 7:45 pm

The dude looked like a baller in his recruiting video and I thought his main weakness looked like athleticism but if what you say is true about quickness and Physique that’s real good news. I’ll say it again, for anyone to win mr basketball of whatever state they live in is a big deal. He did it his jr year.

aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 4th, 2020, 9:31 pm

Trust the coaching staff. They actually go out and SELL our program and RECRUIT kids to come to Utah State. Settling for kids that were slam dunks that didn't really require recruiting is how the program took a nose dive.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 4th, 2020, 11:02 pm

BigSkyAG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 1:54 pm
I had the opportunity to watch this kid last night. He was close to a quadruple double in points, rebounds, steals, and assists. I went to the Great Falls Tribune's box score this morning to see if he got it done but even the tribune said "we lost count of assists and steals in the second half."
Not to disparage the bb talent of my own state but, I have to admit that I was skeptical of the offer to this kid initially. After all, 6'3" kids who can shoot are a dime a dozen in the beehive state. Worster can shoot to be sure, but he has the physique of a Brady Jardine as an 18 year old and the lateral quickness of a Kevin Nixon (yeah I'm going back aways). Perimeter defense is not usually a sexy selling point, but after watching some our perimeter "defense" this year, I doubt he redshirts.
Kohn, Eustachy, even the Great One had their share of recruiting whiffs, but I just dont see this staff missing on too many recruits. I'm excited to see a backcourt of Ashworth and Worster for four years. Go Ags.
But is he as smooth as Albert Chappelle?

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » January 7th, 2020, 7:52 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 11:02 pm
BigSkyAG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 1:54 pm
But is he as smooth as Albert Chappelle?

Physical as Kendall Youngblood?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic