Merrill's health

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hipsterdoofus21

Merrill's health

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm

I think we're all underestimating how badly injured Merrill may be right now. The guy has had to sit out two complete games in the past few weeks. He came out a few times tonight, not related to foul trouble or a large lead, and that's almost unheard of for him. He also didn't seem to have the same burst tonight and was overly passive on offense. Saturday could be ugly.

Roy McAvoy

Re: Merrill's health

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 1st, 2020, 11:41 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm
I think we're all underestimating how badly injured Merrill may be right now. The guy has had to sit out two complete games in the past few weeks. He came out a few times tonight, not related to foul trouble or a large lead, and that's almost unheard of for him. He also didn't seem to have the same burst tonight and was overly passive on offense. Saturday could be ugly.
I’m not. He looked EXTREMELY hobbled tonight to me. He was so flat footed and slow. Looked like he was having a hard time moving laterally a lot of the time.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 1st, 2020, 11:53 pm

He literally gets the (I can't express myself without swearing) knocked out of him every game because teams know that is the way to beat us and nobody else has or is going to step up to change that. We need a virtuous Bobb on this team in the worst way. What wild have happened to Tony without a guy like Bobb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 1st, 2020, 11:56 pm

Was Sam not playing on the same injured ankle when he had the best game of his career against Florida less than two weeks ago?

Otz has Smith’s number, we had about the worst shooting night I’ve ever seen a team have, and dare I say we may have been overlooking UNLV in anticipation of SDSU.

Credit to UNLV. This was a big helping of humble pie — hopefully it lights a fire for Saturday. If not, we will lose again.

hipsterdoofus21

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 2nd, 2020, 12:00 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 11:56 pm
Was Sam not playing on the same injured ankle when he had the best game of his career against Florida less than two weeks ago?
Same ankle that kept him out of the Eastern Oregon game entirely. We don’t know if something happens in practice to aggravate it but he looked destined for the glue factory tonight.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 2nd, 2020, 12:03 am

ineptimusprime wrote:

Otz has Smith’s number, we had about the worst shooting night I’ve ever seen a team have, and dare I say we may have been overlooking UNLV in anticipation of SDSU.

Credit to UNLV. This was a big helping of humble pie — hopefully it lights a fire for Saturday. If not, we will lose again.
I believe it was tweaked again, hence him sitting out last game.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 2nd, 2020, 12:04 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 12:00 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
Same ankle that kept him out of the Eastern Oregon game entirely. We don’t know if something happened in practice to aggravate it but he looked destined for the glue factory tonight.
I would read nothing into Sam not playing against EO.

You are correct that he could have aggravated the injury in practice.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 2nd, 2020, 12:14 am

Injuries have really hurt this team. I’m just going to enjoy what we have.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
Roy McAvoyMrBiggle

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic