Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg
Posts: 3553
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by slcagg » January 1st, 2020, 8:38 am

SDSU wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 2:59 pm
slcagg wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 8:18 am
SDSU wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 7:37 am
My predictions

SDSU 80
USU 66

Won't really be a blowout because it's a home game for the Aggies. Sucks Queta isn't playing because i was wondering how he would do against Wetzel(our new 6'11 big man from Vanderbilt who has been dominating so far).

USU needs to win this but unfortunately, i don't see it. Flynn should get 25-30 points this game. Just a terrible matchup for the aggies.
Wetzel, you mean the guy who couldn’t cut it in the sec and averaged 5 pts last year. You are just silly.
Have you seen him play? Wetzell is our best player, by far.
Huh. So 5 pts per game on a poor sec team last year as a junior and now he is suddenly a star. Sounds like a sub 200 team to me.



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 112
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by SDSU » January 1st, 2020, 8:38 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 7:55 am
SDSU wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 2:40 am
As of right now, SDSU should get the #1 overall seed . The NCAA implemented a new ranking system. so if they follow what they said they would by going by NET, SDSU should get the #1 overall seed. So lets just see if they follow up on what they've said.

People here are just wishing the ncaa will use a 3rd party source in hopes of SDSU not getting the #1 seed. Sorry guys but i'm fairly confident NCAA will use their own source to determine seeding(NET) and not from a 3rd party. In my prediction, they'll only use a 3rd party source on bubble teams. It would be extremely unfair if a team who has a higher NET ranking get a lower seeding because other 3rd party sources favor another team with a lower net ranking.

Lets just wait until selection sunday to see if the NCAA actually follow up on what they promised, that they'll use NET to determine seeding. This new rule has been implemented very recently.
I know you probably weren’t paying attention to this last season since SDSU was nowhere near a tournament team then, but the NET was around last year too. The committee did follow it pretty well in seeding teams.

What you’re missing here though is even if you were to
go undefeated, there’s no chance you’ll still be #1 in the NET. You’re gonna get leapfrogged by multiple P5 schools who are going to roll up marquee win after marquee win from here on out.

That’s not to say SDSU isn’t a good team, but I think if you went undefeated your best case is ending up in the 10-15 range in the NET.
Outside of Houston(favoring north carolina as #1 seed) the selection committee's NET ranking got it mostly correct. Which means the top teams got their Seeding correctly. Whereas the AP/Coaches poll were mostly ignored outside of obvious #1 seeds. Also, the NET accurately predicted the sweet 16 as well. According to NCAA's vice president(youtube him if you want), they will follow the net ranking and last season was just to test it. Due to the accuracy of the ncaa tournament results, they will strictly implement it.

those p5 schools who will accumulate wins will also accumulate more losses. Gonzaga got 3 losses they got a #1 seed. A 3 loss SDSU team will still get the #1 seed(like gonzaga did). however an undefeated SDSU team will definitely get the #1 OVERALL seed. SDSU won't be leapfrogged unless a P5 team nearly runs the table (18-2 in conf. and wins their conf. tournament). That is extremely unlikely.

the only way SDSU won't get the #1 seed is if they get more than 3 losses or loses to a trap game against a .500 MWC team.



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 112
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by SDSU » January 1st, 2020, 8:45 am

Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 seed

1. They accumulate more than 3 losses
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC at Viejas arena
3. 3 out of the 5 p5 schools goes on a ridiculous run(18-2 in conf. and wins their conf. tournament)

Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 OVERALL
1. They accumulate more than 2 losses(unless gonzaga (#1 in AP poll) runs the table)
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC team at home
3. 1 out of the 5 power conference teams goes on a ridiculous run (18-2 and wins their conf. tournament). So if say Duke goes 18-2 and wins their conf. tournament, so yes, SDSU will no longer get the #1 overall seed.

other than those 3 rules, 999.99999% SDSU will get the #1 seed in the ncaa tournament.
anotehr thing

if Gonzaga runs the table from here on out, although they are #1 in coaches/ap poll. SDSU will still get #1 overall seed over them because SDSU has a higher NET ranking than gonzaga.



User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13 & '16 FB Predict the Score, '17 & '18 Bowl
Posts: 1661
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 317 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by sam tingey » January 1st, 2020, 11:49 am

SDSU wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 8:45 am
Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 seed

1. They accumulate more than 3 losses
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC at Viejas arena
3. 3 out of the 5 p5 schools goes on a ridiculous run(18-2 in conf. and wins their conf. tournament)

Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 OVERALL
1. They accumulate more than 2 losses(unless gonzaga (#1 in AP poll) runs the table)
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC team at home
3. 1 out of the 5 power conference teams goes on a ridiculous run (18-2 and wins their conf. tournament). So if say Duke goes 18-2 and wins their conf. tournament, so yes, SDSU will no longer get the #1 overall seed.

other than those 3 rules, 999.99999% SDSU will get the #1 seed in the ncaa tournament.
anotehr thing

if Gonzaga runs the table from here on out, although they are #1 in coaches/ap poll. SDSU will still get #1 overall seed over them because SDSU has a higher NET ranking than gonzaga.
Here is the scenario where SDSU won't get a #1

they are a mid major not named Gonzaga.

Thanks for the laugh dude.
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post (total 2):
ThunderAggieZaggie07



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1120
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by scotlandog » January 1st, 2020, 12:40 pm

sam tingey wrote:
SDSU wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 8:45 am
Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 seed

1. They accumulate more than 3 losses
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC at Viejas arena
3. 3 out of the 5 p5 schools goes on a ridiculous run(18-2 in conf. and wins their conf. tournament)

Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 OVERALL
1. They accumulate more than 2 losses(unless gonzaga (#1 in AP poll) runs the table)
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC team at home
3. 1 out of the 5 power conference teams goes on a ridiculous run (18-2 and wins their conf. tournament). So if say Duke goes 18-2 and wins their conf. tournament, so yes, SDSU will no longer get the #1 overall seed.

other than those 3 rules, 999.99999% SDSU will get the #1 seed in the ncaa tournament.
anotehr thing

if Gonzaga runs the table from here on out, although they are #1 in coaches/ap poll. SDSU will still get #1 overall seed over them because SDSU has a higher NET ranking than gonzaga.
Here is the scenario where SDSU won't get a #1

they are a mid major not named Gonzaga.

Thanks for the laugh dude.
Haha. Seriously. This guy is so blind to reality. Even if SDSU goes undefeated they still are not likely to get the #1 overall seed. I think they would maybe get a #1 seed but not #1 overall. If they take 1 loss, they will likely not even get a #1 seed. They lose 3 games in conference and they will be lucky to get a 3 seed, depending on who they lost to. It’s funny that SDSU thinks they deserve a #1 seed bc they beat Creighton and Iowa and a Childs’less BYU.

SDSU, do you honestly think that those mediocre victories are better than Gonzaga’s victories over Oregon, Arizona, Washington and North Carolina? You think because they lost a game to Michigan on an Island somewhere that SDSU is better? The committee uses the NET rankings as a tool but are not bound to it. They also look at injuries like BYU without their best player. They look at what teams are playing hot later in the season. They have all the ability to just say Gonzaga or Duke are the best teams and more deserving that SDSU and I guarantee they will.

You compare your team to Gonzaga to say you will get a #1 seed but Gonzaga has now been considered a top team for many consecutive years. Before that, they had great seasons and top metrics but didn’t get top seeding. Like it or not, what you have done in the past matters to those on the committee. SDSU wasn’t even a tournament team last year. You have no dominating history to pull from. You have a history of a good mid-major that can win a game occasionally in the tournament. And now you have beaten 2 middling power schools and think that should get you top seeding. Not going to happen. I agree though that you should be in the tournament and that you are playing for seeding but you are not playing for #1 seeding. You are trying to go undefeated so you can get a 2 or 3 seed at best.

It must be true what they say, “ignorance is bliss.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
ThunderAggie



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1004
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by ThunderAggie » January 1st, 2020, 12:48 pm

Well I am going to watch the SDSU vs Fresno game starting in 10 minutes to see how good SDSU is....
Last edited by ThunderAggie on January 1st, 2020, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 112
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by SDSU » January 1st, 2020, 1:04 pm

scotlandog wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 12:40 pm
sam tingey wrote:
SDSU wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 8:45 am
Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 seed

1. They accumulate more than 3 losses
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC at Viejas arena
3. 3 out of the 5 p5 schools goes on a ridiculous run(18-2 in conf. and wins their conf. tournament)

Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 OVERALL
1. They accumulate more than 2 losses(unless gonzaga (#1 in AP poll) runs the table)
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC team at home
3. 1 out of the 5 power conference teams goes on a ridiculous run (18-2 and wins their conf. tournament). So if say Duke goes 18-2 and wins their conf. tournament, so yes, SDSU will no longer get the #1 overall seed.

other than those 3 rules, 999.99999% SDSU will get the #1 seed in the ncaa tournament.
anotehr thing

if Gonzaga runs the table from here on out, although they are #1 in coaches/ap poll. SDSU will still get #1 overall seed over them because SDSU has a higher NET ranking than gonzaga.
Here is the scenario where SDSU won't get a #1

they are a mid major not named Gonzaga.

Thanks for the laugh dude.
Haha. Seriously. This guy is so blind to reality. Even if SDSU goes undefeated they still are not likely to get the #1 overall seed. I think they would maybe get a #1 seed but not #1 overall. If they take 1 loss, they will likely not even get a #1 seed. They lose 3 games in conference and they will be lucky to get a 3 seed, depending on who they lost to. It’s funny that SDSU thinks they deserve a #1 seed bc they beat Creighton and Iowa and a Childs’less BYU.

SDSU, do you honestly think that those mediocre victories are better than Gonzaga’s victories over Oregon, Arizona, Washington and North Carolina? You think because they lost a game to Michigan on an Island somewhere that SDSU is better? The committee uses the NET rankings as a tool but are not bound to it. They also look at injuries like BYU without their best player. They look at what teams are playing hot later in the season. They have all the ability to just say Gonzaga or Duke are the best teams and more deserving that SDSU and I guarantee they will.

You compare your team to Gonzaga to say you will get a #1 seed but Gonzaga has now been considered a top team for many consecutive years. Before that, they had great seasons and top metrics but didn’t get top seeding. Like it or not, what you have done in the past matters to those on the committee. SDSU wasn’t even a tournament team last year. You have no dominating history to pull from. You have a history of a good mid-major that can win a game occasionally in the tournament. And now you have beaten 2 middling power schools and think that should get you top seeding. Not going to happen. I agree though that you should be in the tournament and that you are playing for seeding but you are not playing for #1 seeding. You are trying to go undefeated so you can get a 2 or 3 seed at best.

It must be true what they say, “ignorance is bliss.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry man but NET ranking disagree with you. According to NCAA, SDSU has by far the strongest NCAA tournament resume since we are the true #1 team in the country. NET ranking only matter. AP/Coaches poll doesn't mean diddly squat the same way the college football playoff ranking only matter, not the AP/Coaches poll. Our good wins have a good enough resume to get an at large bid too.(except Utah who needs to finish top 4 in the pac 12 to get in)

Gonzaga is #6 in NET, SDSU is #1. therefore SDSU>>>Gonzaga

I'll take the the criteria of the ncaa who will use NET ranking to determine seeding than you, thanks.

gonzaga last season had 3 losses and a semi-final exit in their mid major conf. and they got a number 1 seed. Their only legitimate top 25 win was against Duke, nothing else beyond that. Although it was a good win, based off NET, they got the #1 seed.

SDSU can afford 3 losses(that isn't a sub .500 team) and still get the #1 seed. SDSU's NET ranking is much better than gonzaga's NET ranking coming into conference play FYI

it's funny you are trying to discredit our NCAA tournament resume when clearly the NCAA NET ranking totally disagrees with you.

an undefeated SDSU team will get the #1 overall seed in the ncaa tournament. A 3 loss SDSU team will still get the #1 seed (presuming of course all 3 of those losses aren't against bad teams).



aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8473
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3014 times
Been thanked: 1665 times
Contact:

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by aggies22 » January 1st, 2020, 1:47 pm

Look out Lunardi! This dude is gunning for your job!



Bank Shot
Posts: 285
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by Bank Shot » January 1st, 2020, 1:51 pm

Aztecs are getting a break today as Grimes and Blackwell haven't played. Both on bench but no minutes.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1120
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by scotlandog » January 1st, 2020, 3:01 pm

SDSU wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 12:40 pm
sam tingey wrote:
SDSU wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 8:45 am
Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 seed

1. They accumulate more than 3 losses
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC at Viejas arena
3. 3 out of the 5 p5 schools goes on a ridiculous run(18-2 in conf. and wins their conf. tournament)

Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 OVERALL
1. They accumulate more than 2 losses(unless gonzaga (#1 in AP poll) runs the table)
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC team at home
3. 1 out of the 5 power conference teams goes on a ridiculous run (18-2 and wins their conf. tournament). So if say Duke goes 18-2 and wins their conf. tournament, so yes, SDSU will no longer get the #1 overall seed.

other than those 3 rules, 999.99999% SDSU will get the #1 seed in the ncaa tournament.
anotehr thing

if Gonzaga runs the table from here on out, although they are #1 in coaches/ap poll. SDSU will still get #1 overall seed over them because SDSU has a higher NET ranking than gonzaga.
Here is the scenario where SDSU won't get a #1

they are a mid major not named Gonzaga.

Thanks for the laugh dude.
Haha. Seriously. This guy is so blind to reality. Even if SDSU goes undefeated they still are not likely to get the #1 overall seed. I think they would maybe get a #1 seed but not #1 overall. If they take 1 loss, they will likely not even get a #1 seed. They lose 3 games in conference and they will be lucky to get a 3 seed, depending on who they lost to. It’s funny that SDSU thinks they deserve a #1 seed bc they beat Creighton and Iowa and a Childs’less BYU.

SDSU, do you honestly think that those mediocre victories are better than Gonzaga’s victories over Oregon, Arizona, Washington and North Carolina? You think because they lost a game to Michigan on an Island somewhere that SDSU is better? The committee uses the NET rankings as a tool but are not bound to it. They also look at injuries like BYU without their best player. They look at what teams are playing hot later in the season. They have all the ability to just say Gonzaga or Duke are the best teams and more deserving that SDSU and I guarantee they will.

You compare your team to Gonzaga to say you will get a #1 seed but Gonzaga has now been considered a top team for many consecutive years. Before that, they had great seasons and top metrics but didn’t get top seeding. Like it or not, what you have done in the past matters to those on the committee. SDSU wasn’t even a tournament team last year. You have no dominating history to pull from. You have a history of a good mid-major that can win a game occasionally in the tournament. And now you have beaten 2 middling power schools and think that should get you top seeding. Not going to happen. I agree though that you should be in the tournament and that you are playing for seeding but you are not playing for #1 seeding. You are trying to go undefeated so you can get a 2 or 3 seed at best.

It must be true what they say, “ignorance is bliss.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry man but NET ranking disagree with you. According to NCAA, SDSU has by far the strongest NCAA tournament resume since we are the true #1 team in the country. NET ranking only matter. AP/Coaches poll doesn't mean diddly squat the same way the college football playoff ranking only matter, not the AP/Coaches poll. Our good wins have a good enough resume to get an at large bid too.(except Utah who needs to finish top 4 in the pac 12 to get in)

Gonzaga is #6 in NET, SDSU is #1. therefore SDSU>>>Gonzaga

I'll take the the criteria of the ncaa who will use NET ranking to determine seeding than you, thanks.

gonzaga last season had 3 losses and a semi-final exit in their mid major conf. and they got a number 1 seed. Their only legitimate top 25 win was against Duke, nothing else beyond that. Although it was a good win, based off NET, they got the #1 seed.

SDSU can afford 3 losses(that isn't a sub .500 team) and still get the #1 seed. SDSU's NET ranking is much better than gonzaga's NET ranking coming into conference play FYI

it's funny you are trying to discredit our NCAA tournament resume when clearly the NCAA NET ranking totally disagrees with you.

an undefeated SDSU team will get the #1 overall seed in the ncaa tournament. A 3 loss SDSU team will still get the #1 seed (presuming of course all 3 of those losses aren't against bad teams).
Sounds good man. I want you to come back here and rub it in my face if you are still the top NET team in the country at the seasons end. But when the season ends and you are looking at a 3-4 seed, I’m going to call you out. Though I don’t expect to hear from you again after Saturday. The death squad didn’t look unbeatable in today’s game without their top 2 players.. let me guess, it was the balls fault.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



slcagg
Posts: 3553
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by slcagg » January 1st, 2020, 4:46 pm

scotlandog wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 3:01 pm
SDSU wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 12:40 pm
sam tingey wrote:
SDSU wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 8:45 am
Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 seed

1. They accumulate more than 3 losses
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC at Viejas arena
3. 3 out of the 5 p5 schools goes on a ridiculous run(18-2 in conf. and wins their conf. tournament)

Here are the scenarios where SDSU won't get the #1 OVERALL
1. They accumulate more than 2 losses(unless gonzaga (#1 in AP poll) runs the table)
2. Any loss to a sub .500 MWC team at home
3. 1 out of the 5 power conference teams goes on a ridiculous run (18-2 and wins their conf. tournament). So if say Duke goes 18-2 and wins their conf. tournament, so yes, SDSU will no longer get the #1 overall seed.

other than those 3 rules, 999.99999% SDSU will get the #1 seed in the ncaa tournament.
anotehr thing

if Gonzaga runs the table from here on out, although they are #1 in coaches/ap poll. SDSU will still get #1 overall seed over them because SDSU has a higher NET ranking than gonzaga.
Here is the scenario where SDSU won't get a #1

they are a mid major not named Gonzaga.

Thanks for the laugh dude.
Haha. Seriously. This guy is so blind to reality. Even if SDSU goes undefeated they still are not likely to get the #1 overall seed. I think they would maybe get a #1 seed but not #1 overall. If they take 1 loss, they will likely not even get a #1 seed. They lose 3 games in conference and they will be lucky to get a 3 seed, depending on who they lost to. It’s funny that SDSU thinks they deserve a #1 seed bc they beat Creighton and Iowa and a Childs’less BYU.

SDSU, do you honestly think that those mediocre victories are better than Gonzaga’s victories over Oregon, Arizona, Washington and North Carolina? You think because they lost a game to Michigan on an Island somewhere that SDSU is better? The committee uses the NET rankings as a tool but are not bound to it. They also look at injuries like BYU without their best player. They look at what teams are playing hot later in the season. They have all the ability to just say Gonzaga or Duke are the best teams and more deserving that SDSU and I guarantee they will.

You compare your team to Gonzaga to say you will get a #1 seed but Gonzaga has now been considered a top team for many consecutive years. Before that, they had great seasons and top metrics but didn’t get top seeding. Like it or not, what you have done in the past matters to those on the committee. SDSU wasn’t even a tournament team last year. You have no dominating history to pull from. You have a history of a good mid-major that can win a game occasionally in the tournament. And now you have beaten 2 middling power schools and think that should get you top seeding. Not going to happen. I agree though that you should be in the tournament and that you are playing for seeding but you are not playing for #1 seeding. You are trying to go undefeated so you can get a 2 or 3 seed at best.

It must be true what they say, “ignorance is bliss.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry man but NET ranking disagree with you. According to NCAA, SDSU has by far the strongest NCAA tournament resume since we are the true #1 team in the country. NET ranking only matter. AP/Coaches poll doesn't mean diddly squat the same way the college football playoff ranking only matter, not the AP/Coaches poll. Our good wins have a good enough resume to get an at large bid too.(except Utah who needs to finish top 4 in the pac 12 to get in)

Gonzaga is #6 in NET, SDSU is #1. therefore SDSU>>>Gonzaga

I'll take the the criteria of the ncaa who will use NET ranking to determine seeding than you, thanks.

gonzaga last season had 3 losses and a semi-final exit in their mid major conf. and they got a number 1 seed. Their only legitimate top 25 win was against Duke, nothing else beyond that. Although it was a good win, based off NET, they got the #1 seed.

SDSU can afford 3 losses(that isn't a sub .500 team) and still get the #1 seed. SDSU's NET ranking is much better than gonzaga's NET ranking coming into conference play FYI

it's funny you are trying to discredit our NCAA tournament resume when clearly the NCAA NET ranking totally disagrees with you.

an undefeated SDSU team will get the #1 overall seed in the ncaa tournament. A 3 loss SDSU team will still get the #1 seed (presuming of course all 3 of those losses aren't against bad teams).
Sounds good man. I want you to come back here and rub it in my face if you are still the top NET team in the country at the seasons end. But when the season ends and you are looking at a 3-4 seed, I’m going to call you out. Though I don’t expect to hear from you again after Saturday. The death squad didn’t look unbeatable in today’s game without their top 2 players.. let me guess, it was the balls fault.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait Fresno was missing their big guy for this game?



Bank Shot
Posts: 285
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by Bank Shot » January 1st, 2020, 4:49 pm

Grimes was out with wrist injury. SDSU did not look good and FSU was awful.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1004
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by ThunderAggie » January 1st, 2020, 5:03 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 4:49 pm
Grimes was out with wrist injury. SDSU did not look good and FSU was awful.
I watched a lot of this game and I was not too impressed. Fresno was playing REALLY bad and they were missing Grimes and one of their top guards and Fresno was still able to find some easy buckets and hang in the game. Fresno played SO much better in Logan. Malachi Flynn is a good player and Mitchell played pretty well...although I am not too worried about big boy Mitchell. Yanni Wetzell did not even do hardly any damage this game. They are a fairly deep team, but as far as athletic ability alone, this team does not win on athletic ability alone like SDSU teams of the past. They are better shooters, especially with the addition of Flynn, but they were missing tons of shots today and aren't the "dunk" all over you type of athletic team. I honestly feel better about our chances and feel we match up pretty good with them. I think the key will be our post guys like Neemy (if he plays) and Kuba/Dorius. Fresno State was getting post layups but missing a lot of them and not getting rebounds, which I think we can do. Going to be a fun game!
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
scotlandog



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6131
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 1st, 2020, 8:41 pm

Frank/Dancing really needs to get a life, this is getting sad



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5195
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by Aglicious » January 2nd, 2020, 6:00 pm

Bigd23 wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 7:43 pm
Who has SDSU played and beat of any consequence?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
No one, that is the funny part of the whole thing.

They have a couple of neutral site wins over Creighton and Iowa and that is the entirety of what they are hanging their hat on. Their BYU road win was like the 3rd game of the season against a Childs-less Coog team. They did manage to slip past San Jose on a last second shot at home though......so they have that.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1004
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: Predictions vs #1 SDSU this saturday? 1/4/20

Post by ThunderAggie » January 2nd, 2020, 6:58 pm

Aglicious wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 6:00 pm
Bigd23 wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 7:43 pm
Who has SDSU played and beat of any consequence?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
No one, that is the funny part of the whole thing.

They have a couple of neutral site wins over Creighton and Iowa and that is the entirety of what they are hanging their hat on. Their BYU road win was like the 3rd game of the season against a Childs-less Coog team. They did manage to slip past San Jose on a last second shot at home though......so they have that.
The funny thing is San Jose State is one buzzer beater away from being 2-1 in conference and beating 2 of the top 3 teams. Plus, they played USU close most of the game before we pulled away late, so they could also be 3-0.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic