I missed Queta’s injury

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Real Life Aggie

Re: I missed Queta’s injury

Post by Real Life Aggie » December 23rd, 2019, 10:46 am

Madmartigan wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:27 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:01 am
WannabeAgAlum wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 9:58 am
These posts complaining about refs and predicting stellar conference schedules (in other threads) are very Cougary.
Am I the only one who thinks these posts comparing USU fans to BYU fans are the most offensive things you can possibly call a USU fan. Seriously, if a USU fan were to call me that to my face I'd make him take it back by threat of extreme violence. USU fans shouldn't treat other USU fans this way.

We need to knock it off.
If the shoe fits though... bad behavior is bad behavior and needs to be called by its name. In this case, Cougary.
I thought Cougar-esque posts included postulation about going undefeated and that we should have been a top 10 team. The slamming here, I believe, is unwarranted. Complaining about refs (i.e. having team goggles on) is universal. Predicting wins is optimism in the fan base, especially on a year when we have such a talented team. But these are human nature. Are we going to call people "Cougary" for being normal? NO! That should be reserved for when they're being pretentious and entitled a**hats. Don't compare someone to the Y-holes just for being normal.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
USU78

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 23rd, 2019, 10:52 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:46 am
Madmartigan wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
WannabeAgAlum wrote:
These posts complaining about refs and predicting stellar conference schedules (in other threads) are very Cougary.
Am I the only one who thinks these posts comparing USU fans to BYU fans are the most offensive things you can possibly call a USU fan. Seriously, if a USU fan were to call me that to my face I'd make him take it back by threat of extreme violence. USU fans shouldn't treat other USU fans this way.

We need to knock it off.
If the shoe fits though... bad behavior is bad behavior and needs to be called by its name. In this case, Cougary.
I thought Cougar-esque posts included postulation about going undefeated and that we should have been a top 10 team. The slamming here, I believe, is unwarranted. Complaining about refs (i.e. having team goggles on) is universal. Predicting wins is optimism in the fan base, especially on a year when we have such a talented team. But these are human nature. Are we going to call people "Cougary" for being normal? NO! That should be reserved for when they're being pretentious and entitled a**hats. Don't compare someone to the Y-holes just for being normal.
I'd rather be called a pretentious and entitled asshat and about a million other terrible things than a Cougar. IMO, calling an Aggie a Cougar is over the line for any situation and I think the people doing it KNOW it's over the line. People are doing it with the intent of massive emotional distress and offense while being able to hide behind what is, by itself, not a traditionally offensive word. I think it's despicable. We shouldn't treat fellow Aggies like that.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionUSU78

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » December 23rd, 2019, 10:58 am

Texasaggie1 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 8:59 pm
The strangest call I think was when Bean was called for a foul when a shoulder hit his face when he was standing there
Bean fouled that guy's shoulder with his face. It was an obvious foul by Bean's face. Never mind the fact that Bean was standing straight up and the guy's shoulder actually hit his face when he jumped into him from behind. You can't just flail your face around like that and hit people's shoulders and elbows. It will be called every time.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 8):
brownjeansStanfordAggieReal Life Aggiehipsterdoofus21aggies22BLUERUFiOcrazywookieLiberalAggie

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » December 23rd, 2019, 11:06 am

brownjeans wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:42 am
Madmartigan wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
WannabeAgAlum wrote:

We need to knock it off.
Nope. Some lines shouldn't be crossed. You don't tell a man his dead wife was a whore and you don't compare a fellow USU fan to BYU.
Disagree. I'd want someone to call me out if I started watching Cosmo Cougar YouTube dance videos or complaining that we are not in a P5 conference. And I'd want someone to let me know my living wife is doing whorish things.

Calling out the post, not the person.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 23rd, 2019, 11:12 am

WannabeAgAlum wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 11:06 am
brownjeans wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
WannabeAgAlum wrote:

We need to knock it off.
Nope. Some lines shouldn't be crossed. You don't tell a man his dead wife was a whore and you don't compare a fellow USU fan to BYU.
Disagree. I'd want someone to call me out if I started watching Cosmo Cougar YouTube dance videos or complaining that we are not in a P5 conference. And I'd want someone to let me know my living wife is doing whorish things.

You can call it out without debasing yourself with the use of such despicable language.

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » December 23rd, 2019, 11:45 am

brownjeans wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 11:12 am
WannabeAgAlum wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
WannabeAgAlum wrote:

We need to knock it off.

You can call it out without debasing yourself with the use of such despicable language.

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » December 23rd, 2019, 11:49 am

brownjeans wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:52 am
I'd rather be called a pretentious and entitled asshat and about a million other terrible things than a Cougar. IMO, calling an Aggie a Cougar is over the line for any situation and I think the people doing it KNOW it's over the line. People are doing it with the intent of massive emotional distress and offense while being able to hide behind what is, by itself, not a traditionally offensive word. I think it's despicable. We shouldn't treat fellow Aggies like that.
Serious question, if you could wish anything upon all BYU fans, what would you wish for?

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » December 23rd, 2019, 12:12 pm

Pacobag wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 11:49 am
brownjeans wrote:
Serious question, if you could wish anything upon all BYU fans, what would you wish for?
If I could wish for the complete cancellation of their entire football and basketball programs, I'd go there.

Option 2 would be the same thing I wish for some of the folks on this board, a little self awareness.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionbrownjeans

Go Aggies!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » December 23rd, 2019, 12:14 pm

Pacobag wrote:
Turning their school into solely a Seminary/Institute and Rick's College'ing their athletics program.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 8):
AggieFBObsessionBadElbowSBC_packersReal Life Aggieaggies22BLUERUFiOOKAggieLiberalAggie

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 23rd, 2019, 12:19 pm

Pacobag wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Bednarize 'em.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
LKGates

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

sockpuppet

Post by sockpuppet » December 23rd, 2019, 12:36 pm

Pacobag wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Herpes I & II

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 23rd, 2019, 1:38 pm

WannabeAgAlum wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 11:45 am
brownjeans wrote:
WannabeAgAlum wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
brownjeans wrote:

We need to knock it off.

If you were calling out someone in a manner that was over-the-line disrespectful and hurtful, would you want to be called out for that? That's what I'm doing. I'm calling you out and telling you that using a BYU reference to attack a USU fan is over the line and you shouldn't do it.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
USU78utaggies

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » December 23rd, 2019, 1:44 pm

Pacobag wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
To see the error of their ways and abandon ship.

Short of that, removing the worldly distractions of collegiate sports and their associated temptations sounds appropriate. Many a soul has been lost to the corruption of sports-induced gambling, drinking, or rage when away from their hallowed Y grounds. I mean, distance yourself from the arm of flesh as much as possible.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
USU78

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » December 23rd, 2019, 2:45 pm

We’re slowly running out of approved topics with all the regulators of class on here....

SweepDance

Post by SweepDance » December 23rd, 2019, 3:59 pm

WAaggieFan wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:45 pm
We’re slowly running out of approved topics with all the regulators of class on here....
Yeah, but Queta being injured again will easily produce another 3-4 topics per week filled with comparisons to high school and church ball injuries, so there's that.

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » December 23rd, 2019, 4:12 pm

brownjeans wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 1:38 pm
WannabeAgAlum wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 11:45 am
brownjeans wrote:
WannabeAgAlum wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
brownjeans wrote:

We need to knock it off.

If you were calling out someone in a manner that was over-the-line disrespectful and hurtful, would you want to be called out for that? That's what I'm doing. I'm calling you out and telling you that using a BYU reference to attack a USU fan is over the line and you shouldn't do it.

Note to self: Do not call out BYUish posts including any that describe persecutory delusions.

Please don't beat me up.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » December 23rd, 2019, 4:35 pm

WannabeAgAlum wrote:
How Cougary? This Cougary?

or this Cougary?

What do you have against Cougary threads or Cougary in general?
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
USU78

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » December 23rd, 2019, 5:18 pm

So, no Queta injury news. I'm out.

BigSkyAG

Post by BigSkyAG » December 23rd, 2019, 5:24 pm

I missed Queta's injury too.....and I watched the game.

Aggie75

Post by Aggie75 » December 23rd, 2019, 6:24 pm

I too thought this was about Queda???

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » December 23rd, 2019, 6:46 pm

cornia27 wrote:I missed the game because I was reffing a HS game (yep I'm one of those horrible referees) but I was able to watch it later and I thought the officiating wasn't bad. One thing you want is consistency and I thought they were consistent the entire game and on both ends.
Yes, our fan base suffers mpc and thinks everyone is out to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 23rd, 2019, 7:01 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 6:46 pm
cornia27 wrote:I missed the game because I was reffing a HS game (yep I'm one of those horrible referees) but I was able to watch it later and I thought the officiating wasn't bad. One thing you want is consistency and I thought they were consistent the entire game and on both ends.
Yes, our fan base suffers mpc and thinks everyone is out to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except for that one time that I actually caught you looking in my windows.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » December 24th, 2019, 9:26 am

sockpuppet wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 12:36 pm
Pacobag wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Herpes I & II
Done.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
treesap32

stewusu98

Post by stewusu98 » December 24th, 2019, 1:00 pm

I want them to keep their sports program. I just wish they would never win another game again in any sport or competition.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 24th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » December 24th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Wow, Queta gets the ball, drives to the hoop and a defender feverishly rushes out to him and while slowing down but still moving forward gets the charge. Terrible call. Hopefully Queta was a little more scared than anything and will be alright.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 24th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Pacobag wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
I hope that any time someone is trying to sneak in time on the Hub in Helaman Halls they forget to plug their headphones in all the way.

Also, I wish them a life time of thinking they need to sneeze and getting all wound up but at the last second it goes away and they cant.

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » December 25th, 2019, 11:19 am

Pacobag wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Nobody has put poop jokes here yet? I'm disappointed.

I'll step in and take care of this.

1. Explosive diarrhea.
2. Perpetual flatulence.
3. Boils.
4. Acne.
5. Butt acne (is that a thing... wait I don't want to know).
6. Incontinence.
These users thanked the author crazywookie for the post:
USU78

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 26th, 2019, 4:07 pm

brownjeans wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
WannabeAgAlum wrote:

We need to knock it off.
BRUTAL Brownjeans,,,,just BRUTAL.... But just the same, that works for me

Locked Previous topicNext topic