NET Rating Tracker

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ThunderAggie

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by ThunderAggie » January 9th, 2020, 7:34 pm

dogie wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 7:27 pm
I really shouldn’t resurrect this thread until the Aggies win three or four games in a row, but the Air Force loss didn’t punish them in the NET rankings as much as I would have guessed.

They dropped from 73 to 91 immediately after the loss and they are now at 87.

The pair of SEC victories are looking better by the day. Florida is at 39 and LSU is at 25. At this point, the best MWC victories this year are those two and SDSU’s victories over Creighton (32) and at BYU (33) and UNM over Wisconsin (29).
If we can beat Nevada and Boise State, I will start to think about the bubble talk and possibly getting an at large, but we are going to have to see major improvements and high energy to convince me we are tournament caliber.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » January 10th, 2020, 9:56 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 7:34 pm
dogie wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 7:27 pm
I really shouldn’t resurrect this thread until the Aggies win three or four games in a row, but the Air Force loss didn’t punish them in the NET rankings as much as I would have guessed.

They dropped from 73 to 91 immediately after the loss and they are now at 87.

The pair of SEC victories are looking better by the day. Florida is at 39 and LSU is at 25. At this point, the best MWC victories this year are those two and SDSU’s victories over Creighton (32) and at BYU (33) and UNM over Wisconsin (29).
If we can beat Nevada and Boise State, I will start to think about the bubble talk and possibly getting an at large, but we are going to have to see major improvements and high energy to convince me we are tournament caliber.
Wow, we jumped from 87 to 81 today. We are really benefiting from not playing the last two days. we are over halfway back to where we were before the AF loss. If we can get a win vs Nevada, we can jump up even more as other teams ahead of us lose.

I think the win vs LSU is going to help us a lot as they beat Liberty who continues to win and are 17-1, even though they have like the weakest schedule.
I mean look at the quadrant games they have! https://bracketologists.com/team/liberty-flames

Also, we have dropped out of bracketology for the first time this season and are in the next four out category.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 10th, 2020, 10:28 am

I honestly can't believe we're in the next 4 out. Two horrible losses.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0Real Life Aggie

aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Post by aggies1 » January 10th, 2020, 11:10 am

I think the only way we can work our way back into at large consideration is to win out at home and not have any more bad losses. I think we also need to win @ SDSU for another Q1 win and one of the BSU or NM games on the road. We may even need Air Force and/or UNLV to step it up and keep winning to raise their net ratings. I think there may be some slack from the Committee with games that Queta missed being taken into consideration ( as I have ESPN highlighting that on a couple of different times).

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » January 10th, 2020, 11:11 am

aggies1 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:10 am
I think the only way we can work our way back into at large consideration is to win out at home and not have any more bad losses. I think we also need to win @ SDSU for another Q1 win and one of the BSU or NM games on the road. We may even need Air Force and/or UNLV to step it up and keep winning to raise their net ratings. I think there may be some slack from the Committee with games that Queta missed being taken into consideration ( as I have ESPN highlighting that on a couple of different times).
The weird thing is we have lost more games with Queta playing and our major wins were without Queta....

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 12th, 2020, 8:20 am

SDSU is already down to #4 due to SOS. I must admit when looking at the Net rankings now, they’re doing a pretty dang good job.

scotlandog

NET Rating Tracker

Post by scotlandog » January 12th, 2020, 3:46 pm

South Florida up on #21 Memphis with 8min to go. Would push them solidly into a Q2 game for us.

Edit: Not able to pull it out. Led for most of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » January 13th, 2020, 3:28 pm

scotlandog wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 3:46 pm
South Florida up on #21 Memphis with 8min to go. Would push them solidly into a Q2 game for us.

Edit: Not able to pull it out. Led for most of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South Florida -- Wow.

How frustrating must it be for that coach, that team, and those fans?

They had a 14 point lead on Memphis in the second half. And just like in our game against them, they completely fell apart at the end. Bad turnovers, missed free throws, shooting bricks and airballs. It is like they completely shut down mentally at the end of games. Those kids looked so nervous. That coach looked so calm but he had to be apoplectic watching his team fall apart yet again.

Eutaw St. Aggie

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » January 14th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Florida beat Ole Miss by 16
LSU beat Texas A&M in OT by 4 (Big win as they were down 6 with 1:30 left)

LSU is 4-0 in SEC and 12-4 overall and is tied for 1st in SEC. Florida is a lone 2nd place with a 3-1 record. Those are some darn good wins. We may have lost to AF and UNLV, but these wins are very important if we end up on the bubble.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
Roy McAvoy

Locked Previous topicNext topic