Silver Lining

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Cuchelain
Posts: 269
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 8:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 28 times

Silver Lining

Post by Cuchelain » December 15th, 2019, 3:54 pm

If there is a silver lining to the game last night it is what we saw from Queta. 23 minutes played. Moving around a lot better and making an impact. It is obvious that he is still rusty but he is so much better than he was in the Fresno game. I am more confident than ever that we will have the old Queta back and will be playing our best basketball by the end of the year.

We have not been able to put our complete team together on the court even once this year. When we get everyone clicking I think we will be scary good.
These users thanked the author Cuchelain for the post (total 2):
ThunderAggieIdaAg93



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1259
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Silver Lining

Post by ThunderAggie » December 15th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Cuchelain wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 3:54 pm
If there is a silver lining to the game last night it is what we saw from Queta. 23 minutes played. Moving around a lot better and making an impact. It is obvious that he is still rusty but he is so much better than he was in the Fresno game. I am more confident than ever that we will have the old Queta back and will be playing our best basketball by the end of the year.

We have not been able to put our complete team together on the court even once this year. When we get everyone clicking I think we will be scary good.
AGREED! I think he will eat up some posts in Mountain West play!! Can't wait to see him throw down dunks and get his swagger back. At a point in the BYU game, I saw him give Yoeli a little smack talk and then try to pump the crowd up. I was most afraid of Quetas change in mentality and playing afraid after the injury, but as soon as Queta can get over it and get back into games and get a little swaggy mojo, he will forget about it and look like his old self, but even better.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1739
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 480 times

Re: Silver Lining

Post by Aggie84025 » December 15th, 2019, 4:59 pm

He looks so much better than the Fresno game he was moving a lot better still not where he was last year but I have high hopes that within a month he's going to be playing really really well.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1259
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Silver Lining

Post by ThunderAggie » December 15th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 4:59 pm
He looks so much better than the Fresno game he was moving a lot better still not where he was last year but I have high hopes that within a month he's going to be playing really really well.
Yes. I think BYU will finish 2nd in the WCC conference ahead of St Marys but behind Gonzaga. They are pretty loaded with Haws, Barcello, Toolson, Childs, and mustache boy (cannot remember his name). Would have been nice to win, but both our losses are to good teams and neither of them were by more than double digits.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2311
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: Silver Lining

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 15th, 2019, 5:50 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 5:17 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 4:59 pm
He looks so much better than the Fresno game he was moving a lot better still not where he was last year but I have high hopes that within a month he's going to be playing really really well.
Yes. I think BYU will finish 2nd in the WCC conference ahead of St Marys but behind Gonzaga. They are pretty loaded with Haws, Barcello, Toolson, Childs, and mustache boy (cannot remember his name). Would have been nice to win, but both our losses are to good teams and neither of them were by more than double digits.
Yeah this isn't a bad loss from a resume standpoint. We lost to a tournament team on a neutral court by a few points with our two best players banged up and not at 100%. It sucks losing to byu again, but knowing this team they'll respond just fine.



Locked Previous topicNext topic