I hate losing

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Spectaggie
Posts: 26
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 4:57 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: I hate losing

Post by Spectaggie » December 14th, 2019, 9:21 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:58 pm
Couldn’t watch game could only listen. Why did Anderson only get credit for 2 on his shot early in the game? Was the BYU shot to go up 4 really a three? On radio Scotty made it sound like it should be a 2 after review
I was wondering about Anderson's three also?
These users thanked the author Spectaggie for the post:
BLUERUFiO



bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by bluegrouse » December 14th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Officiating didn’t have anything to do with losing this game



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14898
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Contact:

Re: I hate losing

Post by treesap32 » December 14th, 2019, 9:31 pm

Spectaggie wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 9:21 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:58 pm
Couldn’t watch game could only listen. Why did Anderson only get credit for 2 on his shot early in the game? Was the BYU shot to go up 4 really a three? On radio Scotty made it sound like it should be a 2 after review
I was wondering about Anderson's three also?
I believe the refs blew that call. Anderson's three was behind the white college line, but in front of the black NBA line. They called it a two. At the end of the game they did the same to the BYU guy's shot and then upon review they realized it was behind the white line and changed it to a three. I'm curious if they missed other threes. I honestly think they were confused by the two lines.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
aggieman2828



SasquatchAggie
Posts: 151
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by SasquatchAggie » December 14th, 2019, 9:35 pm

The missed 3 was embarrassing for that crew. With that extra point, the last minute and a half of the game is played a lot differently when it’s tied and only a one possession game. Had a bigger impact than people want to think. Refs were confused on the 3 point line all night.



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 536
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by SpectrumMagic » December 14th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Spectaggie wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 9:21 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:58 pm
Couldn’t watch game could only listen. Why did Anderson only get credit for 2 on his shot early in the game? Was the BYU shot to go up 4 really a three? On radio Scotty made it sound like it should be a 2 after review
I was wondering about Anderson's three also?




Was the shot by Barcello a three to make it 68-64? On radio Scotty said it looked like a two and would change it after review



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14898
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Contact:

Re: I hate losing

Post by treesap32 » December 14th, 2019, 9:37 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 9:36 pm
Spectaggie wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 9:21 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:58 pm
Couldn’t watch game could only listen. Why did Anderson only get credit for 2 on his shot early in the game? Was the BYU shot to go up 4 really a three? On radio Scotty made it sound like it should be a 2 after review
I was wondering about Anderson's three also?




Was the shot by Barcello a three to make it 68-64? On radio Scotty said it looked like a two and would change it after review
Yes, it was to put them up 4 with 20+ seconds left. Had it been a 2, it would've been a 1-possession game.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1700
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by Aggie84025 » December 14th, 2019, 9:40 pm

That doesn't make any sense they could have reviewed it later on in the half or even at halftime if it truly was at 3 that that really makes me mad.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 5723
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Location: Vienna, VA
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by Imakeitrain » December 14th, 2019, 9:42 pm

Randy McCall is seriously one of the most biased officials. I dont know if it's malicious or if he's incompetent. If anyone is Tim Donaghy in the NCAA it is McCall.

I've consistently had beef with McCall on this board. It's been overwhelmingly consistent that McCall screws us. I'd be interested who called it a 3 versus a 2... but it was clear when they were reviewing the Porter shot that they were reviewing that they had no clue (or were malicious) that the white line was the 3 pt line and not the blue line.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
aggies22


"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

SpectrumMagic
Posts: 536
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by SpectrumMagic » December 14th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Understand. Was listening to game not watching and on radio they made it sound like would be changed to 2 just wasn’t sure if that was missed by crew or was behind line. Sounds like lines were causing some issues?

Makes no sense that could not change to a 3 - there is no time limit in rules.

Regardless the team has had some rough shooting stretches starting with north Texas and haven’t gotten going. Hopefully can get healthier and Queta knee holds up and team catches fire and plays well rest of the way



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5897
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by 2004AG » December 14th, 2019, 9:55 pm

bigblue wrote:Logan next year, BYU steak ends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It’s gonna be a long shot with Merrill and Queta gone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
espnaggie
Posts: 165
Joined: December 10th, 2010, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I hate losing

Post by espnaggie » December 14th, 2019, 10:22 pm

I don’t know. BYU loses a lot of production, including Childs, Haws, Toolsen, Nixon, and Seljaas (All seniors.) They will only return Barcello and Lee as starters. Losing Merrill, Porter, Brito, and probably Queta does hurt but on paper we should match up really well against them next year.


ROLL AGGIES!

slcagg
Posts: 3984
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 441 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by slcagg » December 14th, 2019, 10:24 pm

espnaggie wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 10:22 pm
I don’t know. BYU loses a lot of production, including Childs, Haws, Toolsen, Nixon, and Seljaas (All seniors.) They will only return Barcello and Lee as starters. Losing Merrill, Porter, Brito, and probably Queta does hurt but on paper we should match up really well against them next year.
I agree it should be a good game. They also return from injury next year Gavin Baxter which I believe was really coming on at the end of last year.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5378
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 14th, 2019, 10:29 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Makes no sense that could not change to a 3 - there is no time limit in rules.
You would have to think there is a time limit for how far back you can go. I know football has the rule of you can only go back one play, the reason teams always try to snap the ball when a close call or no-call goes their way, so the ruling is in the books and can't be reviewed.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5378
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 14th, 2019, 10:37 pm

espnaggie wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 10:22 pm
I don’t know. BYU loses a lot of production, including Childs, Haws, Toolsen, Nixon, and Seljaas (All seniors.) They will only return Barcello and Lee as starters. Losing Merrill, Porter, Brito, and probably Queta does hurt but on paper we should match up really well against them next year.
Even if we aren't better than them through out the whole year next year, we can be better than them for just one night in the Spectrum. It's alot easier for teams who aren't better overall to be better for a night on their home court in basketball than football. Think us beating Nevada in 2017 as bad as we were through the year. Or our Big West days when we were always the better team overall, but would sometimes lose on the road or at least have close games against teams we blow out when they come to Logan.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12650
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: I hate losing

Post by ProvoAggie » December 14th, 2019, 10:46 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 10:29 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Makes no sense that could not change to a 3 - there is no time limit in rules.
You would have to think there is a time limit for how far back you can go. I know football has the rule of you can only go back one play, the reason teams always try to snap the ball when a close call or no-call goes their way, so the ruling is in the books and can't be reviewed.
There is probably some kind of limit but typically if there is a disagreement between refs they will check it during the next game break. If you have 1 ref that thinks it's a 3 and another that thinks it's a 2 then it should be reviewed. Period. There is no excuse at all for not reviewing it.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
Zaggie07Real Life Aggie



Aggie84025
Posts: 1700
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by Aggie84025 » December 14th, 2019, 10:53 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 10:46 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 10:29 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Makes no sense that could not change to a 3 - there is no time limit in rules.
You would have to think there is a time limit for how far back you can go. I know football has the rule of you can only go back one play, the reason teams always try to snap the ball when a close call or no-call goes their way, so the ruling is in the books and can't be reviewed.
There is probably some kind of limit but typically if there is a disagreement between refs they will check it during the next game break. If you have 1 ref that thinks it's a 3 and another that thinks it's a 2 then it should be reviewed. Period. There is no excuse at all for not reviewing it.
Completely agree is all you got to do during a timeout is go to the monitor pretty cut abd dry



BeNo
Posts: 674
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by BeNo » December 14th, 2019, 11:02 pm

Sam was trapped/double teamed the entire game. Big load to carry.



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 314
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by Aggie in Boise » December 14th, 2019, 11:06 pm

I hate losing to BYU period!



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 314
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by Aggie in Boise » December 14th, 2019, 11:09 pm

bigblue wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:00 pm
Logan next year, BYU steak ends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
BYU steak tastes like 💩.
Last edited by Aggie in Boise on December 14th, 2019, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 314
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: hate losing

Post by Aggie in Boise » December 14th, 2019, 11:13 pm

BYUFAN4LIFE wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:18 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:06 pm
BYUFAN4LIFE wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 7:58 pm
JUST LIKE FOOTBALL (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP)
How about you go back to Provo and get ready for the Sabbath. Pretty sure your white shirt needs ironed.

Oh the irony. BYU fans get the rep as the “self-righteous” fans yet you make a comment like that. I’m all seriousness, you guys have a great team & best of luck the rest of the season!
In all seriousness, is it possible to survive at BYU without reading the BYU Survival Guide?



User avatar
freakboy
Posts: 1201
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by freakboy » December 15th, 2019, 3:45 am

2004AG wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 9:55 pm
bigblue wrote:Logan next year, BYU steak ends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It’s gonna be a long shot with Merrill and Queta gone
Read more carefully. He’s talking about meat



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2206
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by bigblue » December 15th, 2019, 8:15 am

Aggie in Boise wrote:
bigblue wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 8:00 pm
Logan next year, BYU steak ends.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
BYU steak tastes like Image.
Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 762
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by El Sapo » December 15th, 2019, 10:57 am

We are what our won loss record says we are. Would have loved to win that game, but they were the better team last night.

I still love this team


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

SwaggieAggie
Posts: 111
Joined: September 17th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by SwaggieAggie » December 15th, 2019, 11:49 am

Still got a ton of basketball left. We got embarrassed by a much worse BYU team last year and our season still turned out great. It’s going to feel like a whole different season come February and March.

Still would’ve been nice to beat them tho.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post:
ProvoAggie



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2280
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 15th, 2019, 1:11 pm

The curse of the bambino ended. The curse of the billy goat ended. Someday the curse of the apology will end too.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
BLUERUFiO



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7092
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1146 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by USU78 » December 15th, 2019, 1:22 pm

Where's putzie's Shoshone buddy?


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9072
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4052 times
Been thanked: 2248 times
Contact:

Re: I hate losing

Post by aggies22 » December 15th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 1:11 pm
The curse of the bambino ended. The curse of the billy goat ended. Someday the curse of the apology will end too.
So like in 80 or so years?



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2699
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: I hate losing

Post by GUS » December 15th, 2019, 5:44 pm

I wouldn't mind meeting byu again in the post season with the Aggies being heathier. I also think Craig Smith has given other teams the blue print on how to defeat byu with the zone. Just wish USU would have used the zone in the first half.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic