Queta out for tonight

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
tysteve20

Queta out for tonight

Post by tysteve20 » December 10th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Team just came to the floor. He’s not in warm ups like the rest of the team, just his black sweats with kuba.
Update: Sam is out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by tysteve20 on December 10th, 2019, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winning Team

Re: Queta out for tonight

Post by Winning Team » December 10th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Sam Merrill will not play either
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post:
tysteve20

frankiesaysrelax

Re: Queta our for tonight

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 10th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Is this game broadcast in video anywhere tonight? I can’t imagine it a ratings winner and is not televised but thought I’d see if anyone knows anything.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » December 10th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Why? I mean I understand they do not want him to get injured, but I thought it would help him with conditioning and getting back into game action before the BYU game!

utaggies

Post by utaggies » December 10th, 2019, 7:10 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 6:40 pm
Why? I mean I understand they do not want him to get injured, but I thought it would help him with conditioning and getting back into game action before the BYU game!
Your focus is the BYU game. Smith’s focus is the bigger picture. Sam’s ankle needs to rest. Maybe Queta experienced some swelling after the Fresno St. game or simply that his injured knee needs more recuperation time. Regardless, in Smith we trust.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 10th, 2019, 7:13 pm

utaggies wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
Your focus is the BYU game. Smith’s focus is the bigger picture. Sam’s ankle needs to rest. Maybe Queta experienced some swelling after the Fresno St. game or simply that his injured knee needs more recuperation time. Regardless, in Smith we trust.
We need good wins come March. Beating BYU is part of the bigger picture.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 10th, 2019, 7:54 pm

There is literally no reason to play Queta or Merrill tonight. Let them rest and continue to to heal. We need a 100% Merrill on Saturday night. We also need Queta to put in a solid minutes on Saturday so they should not risk it.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » December 10th, 2019, 8:04 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:13 pm
utaggies wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:

Part, yes, but a minor part. Conference wins, holding serve on our home court, getting Queta healthy so he can be a big contributor after the first of the year are, IMO, all bigger priorities.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 10th, 2019, 8:15 pm

utaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
utaggies wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:

Part, yes, but a minor part. Conference wins, holding serve on our home court, getting Queta healthy so he can be a big contributor after the first of the year are, IMO, all bigger priorities.
Oh? So you’re not concerned with a legitimate NCAA tournament resume if we don’t win the conference tournament and corresponding better seed ?

utaggies

Post by utaggies » December 10th, 2019, 9:24 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:15 pm
utaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
utaggies wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:

Oh? So you’re not concerned with a legitimate NCAA tournament resume if we don’t win the conference tournament and corresponding better seed ?

You’ll have to point out where I said that. It’s a matter of priorities. And beating BYU, while a wonderful thing, is priority 1B. I’d rather the Aggies beat SDS twice.
These users thanked the author utaggies for the post:
Real Life Aggie

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » December 10th, 2019, 9:27 pm

tysteve20 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 6:39 pm
Team just came to the floor. He’s not in warm ups like the rest of the team, just his black sweats with kuba.
Update: Sam is out as well.
Wait, WHAT!?!! I thought the great basketball minds on this forum made CLEAR how imperative it would be for Queta to not only play, but to START in this game. I am completely shocked by this development.
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieWillCut72

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 10th, 2019, 9:33 pm

utaggies wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 9:24 pm
2004AG wrote:
utaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
utaggies wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:

You’ll have to point out where I said that. It’s a matter of priorities. And beating BYU, while a wonderful thing, is priority 1B. I’d rather the Aggies beat SDS twice.
Nah, beating byu is a big priority this year. They are sitting out to make sure they'll be good to go for Saturday. It is time the losing streak ends and it is a much needed game for our tournament resume. This isn't the year about sleepwalking through the ooc and turning it on later. "Conference wins" are not the big picture. Not this year. The whole season and winning in the tournament is the big picture this year.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
2004AG

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 10th, 2019, 9:58 pm

utaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
utaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
utaggies wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:

The part you called it a “minor” priority. Beating SDSU is huge too though.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 10th, 2019, 10:27 pm

Queta can get just as much run or more in practice as he could've against St. Katherines.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » December 10th, 2019, 10:49 pm

I think this game wouldnt help Queta at all. No big bodies to bang with and probably just chasing guys around the perimeter on a bad knee. Not really helping for the mindset for the next game.

Locked Previous topicNext topic