Will be rooting for USU before we win by blow out in conference play

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SDSU
Troll

Re: Will be rooting for USU before we win by blow out in conference play

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Texas Tech beat the #1 team in the country Louisville in a neutral court by 23 points. That strengthens our RPI by a lot since creighton and iowa now have a solid Q1 non conference win.

My criteria of a "solid win" is a team who has a good enough resume to get an at large bid.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 7:37 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:32 pm
There's a whole lot of variables and games to be played before the NCAA committee gets together. SDSU has looked really good to start the year and they will earn your NCAA bid if they keep it up. So will USU if they can get Florida and start playing to their potential in conference.

I do think you have point though. Losses to both Florida and BYU would put the Aggies on pretty thin ice if they drop more than 2 conference games. A Florida loss and Zoobie win would still have me nervous.

But lets play the games first. At this point last year the Aggies were still considered the 11th best MW team or close to it. I think to proclaim anything is wrapped up or a done deal is a bit much with 20+ games left on the schedule..lol
not worried. Based off the patterns of the selection committee on non-power 6 conference teams. They put heavy emphasis on the non conference and a good record. So if a team accumulated enough non conference resume building wins and finishes with a good record (4-6 losses) that's generally good enough to get an at large bid.

USU last season for example, only had 1 solid win. Nevada, yet bcuz of their good record, they would've gotten an at large regardless if they didn't win the MWC tournament.

but yes, plenty of variables come into play, but the variables that sdsu addressed(non conference) is pretty much a done deal. USU hasn't yet and i'm concerned that the MWC will be a 1 bid league again(since nevada sucks)

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 10th, 2019, 8:44 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:37 pm
hickaggie wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:32 pm
There's a whole lot of variables and games to be played before the NCAA committee gets together. SDSU has looked really good to start the year and they will earn your NCAA bid if they keep it up. So will USU if they can get Florida and start playing to their potential in conference.

I do think you have point though. Losses to both Florida and BYU would put the Aggies on pretty thin ice if they drop more than 2 conference games. A Florida loss and Zoobie win would still have me nervous.

But lets play the games first. At this point last year the Aggies were still considered the 11th best MW team or close to it. I think to proclaim anything is wrapped up or a done deal is a bit much with 20+ games left on the schedule..lol
not worried. Based off the patterns of the selection committee on non-power 6 conference teams. They put heavy emphasis on the non conference and a good record. So if a team accumulated enough non conference resume building wins and finishes with a good record (4-6 losses) that's generally good enough to get an at large bid.

USU last season for example, only had 1 solid win. Nevada, yet bcuz of their good record, they would've gotten an at large regardless if they didn't win the MWC tournament.

but yes, plenty of variables come into play, but the variables that sdsu addressed(non conference) is pretty much a done deal. USU hasn't yet and i'm concerned that the MWC will be a 1 bid league again(since nevada sucks)
“Based off patterns of the committee?” That changes everything. I didn’t know we were dealing with patterns of the committee here. You know so much. What else can you tell us. Please lend us you infinite wisdom. We are in awe

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 10th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Everyone’s a jay bilas these days and I can’t stand jay bilas.

Locked Previous topicNext topic